Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor)

They can likely make more $$$ with a new Pavillion that has merchandising and dining options than they can adding more rides to existing pavilions, unless its a property like Frozen that is guaranteed to sell. Epcot (minus Mythos) has the best theme park restaurants around for the most part, as well as helping make that park quite profitable. Id not be surprised if Disney feels the need to expand on that just a tiny bit. Remember, not all Disney guests go to Disney for the rides.

Hey Joe, I really tried to go back to Magic but I can't handle it. Can you relay exactly what Martin said about this?

Which part can't you handle? The obnoxiousness of some, the hostility of others, or the "I'm smarter than you"? The sad thing that a number of people posting on that site are alright. It's those few that make reading stuff there difficult. It's why I only visit there periodically and I don't post there very much if at all. Plus, Inside Universal has the benefit of providing a great deal of information on Universal as well as Disney, without the major pro-Disney slant. Of course, it's name says that it is focused on Disney.

They can likely make more $$$ with a new Pavillion that has merchandising and dining options than they can adding more rides to existing pavilions, unless its a property like Frozen that is guaranteed to sell. Epcot (minus Mythos) has the best theme park restaurants around for the most part, as well as helping make that park quite profitable. Id not be surprised if Disney feels the need to expand on that just a tiny bit. Remember, not all Disney guests go to Disney for the rides.

I agree with this to an extent but would also think that adding a couple more rides (ex. Germany and Italy) would provide more incentive for people to go to Epcot and to visit the various countries. However, I am not 100% certain that this logic would actually come to fruition. Not every country needs a ride but just a couple more would be nice.

I agree with this to an extent but would also think that adding a couple more rides (ex. Germany and Italy) would provide more incentive for people to go to Epcot and to visit the various countries. However, I am not 100% certain that this logic would actually come to fruition. Not every country needs a ride but just a couple more would be nice.
Exactly what I would say. I just pop in every now and then. The hostility and meanness of some of the most common posters is so evident, especially if you dare to read the Universal forum threads. They really hate Universal over there....But then again, they do have the very excellent Marni and a handful of other Insiders that have the best Disney info short of 'official press releases'.

World Showcase doesn’t really need more countries. Obviously it would be nice but I think Disney should just continue there focus on adding more rides

I think you're onto something. Unless they're adding a new ride, how many restaurants does Epcot really need? It's becoming completely overkill and it's made worse by the never ending stream of new restaurants opening in Disney Springs.

One additional thought. From my perspective, adding rides is a necessity for parkgoers experience at this point. The parks all have long lines at most attractions. Thus, adding rides would help alleviate the lines and provide more things for people to do. However, I'm not certain that is how WDW management views it. Partly because of being a public company (ROI for stockholders) and partly due to wanting high profitability and the bonuses that go along with it, they may view adding rides as a means to create more visitors. So, it could be a hard sell to add rides when they already have as many guests as they do. The problem could be a long-term sacrifice, which is evidenced by the sudden rapid installments of rides in all four parks (from New Fantasyland to Pandora to Star Wars/MMRR, and Epcot. Ignore parks and eventually people get bored. MyMagic was supposed ot generate income but that never happened. Galaxy Edge may not have produced the burst of attendance growth anticipated (I'm not sure about that as I am not privy to attendance numbers). I am not sure what the general public actually thinks about FP+. I just wonder if management will become shortsighted or simply miss the positive impact of rides on guest satisfaction. However, they work in that business and I don't and thus they have to see it as well.

If not for Universal's recent success, I doubt all of these new rides and lands would have been added. That was the real driver of expansion....Otherwise Disney execs would still be sitting on their bonus check and adding one D/E ride to the entire resort every three or four years, just to make it look good. My Magic was basically a way for them to get more money out of their customers' wallets without spending more on new attractions. That's the way Russolo pitched the project, just about exact words.

Last edited:
If not for Universal's recent success, I doubt all of these new rides and lands would have been added. That was the real driver of expansion....Otherwise Disney execs would still be sitting on their bonus check and adding one D/E ride to the entire resort every three or four years, just to make it look good. My Magic was basically a way for them to get more money out of their customers' wallets without spending more on new attractions. That's the way Russolo pitched the project, just about exact words.

Heck, they were only adding meet-n-greets primarily for the last decade. The change to the Wonders of Life pavilion are ridiculous. It will be just a playground. So, adding a new country like Brazil only makes sense if they are going to support it with an attraction. In a country with such beauty (ex. Iguazu Falls), not highlighting that is a huge mistake. A boat ride with a mix of actual sets and screens would work perfectly. I just don't want to see a Brazilian steakhouse added with some cutouts showing the cityscape of Sau Paulo or Rio and then Disney bragging about the new country that was added.

Heck, they were only adding meet-n-greets primarily for the last decade. The change to the Wonders of Life pavilion are ridiculous. It will be just a playground. So, adding a new country like Brazil only makes sense if they are going to support it with an attraction. In a country with such beauty (ex. Iguazu Falls), not highlighting that is a huge mistake. A boat ride with a mix of actual sets and screens would work perfectly. I just don't want to see a Brazilian steakhouse added with some cutouts showing the cityscape of Sau Paulo or Rio and then Disney bragging about the new country that was added.
Well, it sounds like the project is dead on arrival status now, if Magic insiders info is correct.

Thats why id prefer just new rides to current pavilions, or more dining options (I know theres plenty but I enjoy eating lol), cause I feel this is EXACTLY what they would do.

I know I'm digging this but I think they should've added Brazil instead of Norway back in 1988, since there was already four European countries. Of course I know that Disney is likely glad they chose Norway because Frozen. Disney will not build a Brazil pavilion until there's a property they can tie with it, and I don't think Rio would be enough in their eyes (was talking about this with someone, so it's on my mind) (to be fair to Disney, Universal won't do anything original either, and pretty much everything Seaworld and Six Flags have done the last five years in the realm of something themed has been an IP).

Last edited: