BttF Returning? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

BttF Returning?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New BTTF Ride?

• Total voters
I would settle for a state of the art simulator that takes us through all these famous films and rides we've lost. A ride version of Cinematic Spectacular.

BttF as a property I would welcome back. But the BTTF is a ride that is looked at through some SERIOUS rose colored glasses. It was not a good attraction. It was a mediocre attraction at best based on a great property.

Reactions: Cecilia
BttF as a property I would welcome back. But the BTTF is a ride that is looked at through some SERIOUS rose colored glasses. It was not a good attraction. It was a mediocre attraction at best based on a great property.

Finally, somebody admits this out loud! Thank you.

I agree with the rose colored glasses. But for the time I think it was above mediocre.

Um, first of all, I desperately want BTTF back.

But secondly, no, of course BTTF isn't coming back as a full-blown ride. Where the hell is this coming from? This new poster asks us if we've heard the rumor, then doesn't elaborate at all, he only posts that unrelated Nike Mags video. Am I the only one who finds this kind of irritating?

Reactions: Cwoolboy

But secondly, no, of course BTTF isn't coming back as a full-blown ride. Where the hell is this coming from? This new poster asks us if we've heard the rumor, then doesn't elaborate at all, he only posts that unrelated Nike Mags video. Am I the only one who finds this kind of irritating?

BTTF was never a mediocre ride. It was at one time one of the most impressive attractions on Universal and Disney property. It was innovative, thrilling, and a crowd-pleaser. Obviously taking a ride on it now would show how dated it is but that was nothing some Star Tours: The Adventures Continue kind of love couldn't have fixed. However, it doesn't make as much sense for Universal to have devoted that kind of attention to the property, which is not the relevant, merchandise juggernaut that Star Wars is.

As much as I would love this and us fans of old school Universal would like to see it, you have to remember that the parks are a business. And when Universal makes a big investment on an attraction, they want to see a return on that investment whether it's in increased ticket sales or merchandise. Universal bases their newest attractions basically on pop culture relevance. Back to the Future is a classic, yes, but I don't think that means spending millions on a new attraction for it right now would make sense.

So with no new Harry Potter films coming out, is that a worthy investment..? This will be old within 5 years, and the Simpsons was already on 5-10minute queues in October. We have been most years for the last 5-6 years and Jaws had a 45minute queue.

So with no new Harry Potter films coming out, is that a worthy investment..? This will be old within 5 years, and the Simpsons was already on 5-10minute queues in October. We have been most years for the last 5-6 years and Jaws had a 45minute queue.

I dunno what Simpsons queue you saw in October, because the one I saw was always 45 minutes plus. And no way, no how was Jaws anywhere NEAR 45 minutes then.

I heard it from a few friends, god knows where it came from. If you are following the TMR project you will notice that there is apparently another BTTF project being planned by Universal, perhaps it came from there..? Who knows. Keep your knickers on..

--- Update ---

I dunno what Simpsons queue you saw in October, because the one I saw was always 45 minutes plus. And no way, no how was Jaws anywhere NEAR 45 minutes then.

I was there a couple of days and went on a few times, it was 10minutes maximum. I was there towards the end of the September, early October rather than end of October...perhaps a quieter time? I remember it clear as day, Jaws had a 45minute queue, it was stacked on that day.

--- Update ---

...and let me guess, the reason you're a huge fan of Harry Potter ride is because you're a huge Harry Potter fan? I thought the Harry Potter stuff sucked, hey, guess what...I'm not a Harry Potter fan :-\ The castle was done extremely well though, along with the buildings and moving photos, shops etc.

The detailing in the videos and the props was absolutely amazing. The ride was well ahead of its time when it came out. The reason a lot of people bang on about the fact that it 'hurt' when riding it, or 'rose tinted glasses' is because a) they were old and past going on rides (it's a flying delorean ffs, do you want it to be like soarin..?!?!) and/or b) they were never huge fans of the trilogy to begin with.

Clearly, there are a few exceptions who were just not big fans, and they are of course entitled to their own opinion....perhaps from within their mental institute ;-)

Last edited:
...and let me guess, the reason you're a huge fan of Harry Potter ride is because you're a huge Harry Potter fan? I thought the Harry Potter stuff sucked, hey, guess what...I'm not a Harry Potter fan :-\ The castle was done extremely well though, along with the buildings and moving photos, shops etc.

No. The reason I'm a huge fan of Forbidden Journey is because it's a technical and dark ride masterpiece. My love for the Harry Potter franchise simply adds to that love. And I see you're trying to insinuate I'm not a fan of the Back to the Future trilogy which couldn't be further from the truth. I mean, I was Doc Brown this year for Halloween. I bought the Blu Ray trilogy. I love those movies. And the ride was mediocre at best.

I too, was never a big fan of the BTTF ride. I always got a big kick out of the fleet of flying DeLoreans all moving in sync. Even for it's time Star Tours was always the better simulator. But I will also admit that I am not a fan of the BTTF series. I enjoyed the first one. Got bored with the 2nd one. And have only seen parts of the 3rd one on, like, TBS. But I am also not a Star Wars fan.

I too, was never a big fan of the BTTF ride. I always got a big kick out of the fleet of flying DeLoreans all moving in sync. Even for it's time Star Tours was always the better simulator. But I will also admit that I am not a fan of the BTTF series. I enjoyed the first one. Got bored with the 2nd one. And have only seen parts of the 3rd one on, like, TBS. But I am also not a Star Wars fan.

That's because you're a *shock horror* Disney head :doh:

:lol:

Oh the irony of this statement.

Haha! Skippy you know I am an apologist. I watch my DVD of Stitch's Supersonic Celebration in loop mode while hugging my newest Duffy Bear and drinking from my souvenir Disney Parks paper cup that comes TOTALLY free with each beverage purchase. Universal doesn't give away souvenir "Universal Parks and Resorts Worldwide LLP" paper cups. Now, do they?

Last edited:
Haha! Skippy you know I am an apologist. I watch my DVD of Stitch's Supersonic Celebration in loop mode while hugging my newest Duffy Bear and drinking from my souvenir Disney Parks paper cup that comes TOTALLY free with each beverage purchase. Universal doesn't give away souvenir "Universal Parks and Resorts Worldwide LLP" paper cups. Now, do they?

This made me chuckle considerably, thank you. :lol: