Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg Project 2017

Viking Raider is the only acceptable one in the bunch.

INVADR is so dumb. WHY DID THEY DROP THE "E"?
I agree, but surely they can come up with some better titles. The comments on the FB posts are hysterical. Everyone pretty much hates all three names.

It's supposed to be a "family" coaster, and will probably be fun. It was never meant to be a record breaking thrill ride. BGW has a great arsenal of thrilling coasters and needed a new family coaster. It's something they have heard from guests since they removed BBW.

It's supposed to be a "family" coaster, and will probably be fun. It was never meant to be a record breaking thrill ride. BGW has a great arsenal of thrilling coasters and needed a new family coaster. It's something they have heard from guests since they removed BBW.

I don't mind that. But with all the talk of attacking a village and such, I was hoping for a more interesting ride path

This is the disconnect between the marketing department and ride development. For some reason every park/chain seems to have the same difficulties with the marketing people coming up with names and concepts that make things sound much more thrilling than they actually are. Then they market it like it will be a thrill ride, and people come and stand on huge lines expecting the tallest, fastest, loopingest, launchiest, woodenest coaster because they hype it up and then complain because it's a family ride they waited for.

Looks good for a family coaster...but I think many BGW fans are going to be disappointed in this thing.

Personally, I figured they'd go more theRocky Mountain route with corkscrews and loops...
(Maybe we'll actually get something like it at BGT someday)

*SIGH*

Once again, BGW drops the ball. Their marketing bounced back fantastically after the Tempesto "What coaster? There's no coaster." debacle, even though they kinda stumbled by going into overhype mode for something that is clearly just a family coaster.

Now I have no problem with them adding a family coaster, after all ever since they lost Big Bad Wolf they've defenitely needed one. Verbolten certainly didn't replace it due to it's 48" height requirement, and as for Tempesto...well that just felt like a checkmark of sorts and not much else.

With them getting a GCI woodie, this is a perfect opportunity for them to get that family coaster because for the most part that's GCI's forte. But leave it to BGW to screw it up again with giving it a 46" height requirement. Are. you. kidding. me?!

There are wooden coasters out there which are most certainly more intense then what Invadr is going to be, yet they have lower height requirements. Phoenix at Knobels, a bona' fide airtime machine that has a 42" height requirement. Not too far from me there's a great park called Silverwood that has two great woodies. Timber Terror and Tremors. Both have minimum height requirements of 42". Both are also faster then Invadr and in the case of Tremors quite taller too.

Also, GCI has made Joris en de Draak over at Efteling which has a 42" minimum and those coasters are around the same height and speed as Invadr. BGW has NO excuse on why they can't have this coaster have a family friendly 42" height requirement. This coaster could have filled a legit need in the parks lineup, but with the 46" it now feels like just a checkmark of sorts and nothing else.

Seriously BGW, this coaster is not going to be a thrill machine, so give it a height requirement that fits. Otherwise this'll come off as another blunder for you're hyping a family coaster as something it's simply not.

Last edited: