Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
It has been uncovered by CoasterRadio, of a possible 3rd gate in development for the Virgina based park, to be themed by Sesame Street, in the style of Sesame Place.

It has already been mentioned that there is interest to build another Sesame Place somewhere, but now we may finally know where.

Nothing else has been said of the project, so this may go out of the cards at any given moment.

What do you think? Would you be on-board for a Sesame Place to be right alongside BGW? What would you like to see next from Busch Gardens up in Virgina? Comment down below!

I think this is a very smart move. I don't think SWPE has been leveraging the Sesame brand to it's fullest potential. When I was in BGT, the Sesame Street area of the park looked desolate. I think this would have a bigger pull if it were it's own attraction, instead of it being in addition to BGW.

To carve out a part on an existing park to create a new park is Yuck.

There's a rather close Sesame Place outside of Philly.

Texas is a growing market and well removed from The Beltway and Florida and the current property has plenty of land to develop a stand alone park. It would open up the existing Sesame area to a new attraction. I dare say an Infinite Falls clone so that the larger curgent raft tide which is MEM can host a Dive coaster (first in Texas) or another coaster.

I can't for the life of me figure out why they don't concentrate on San Antonio. It presents the best growth outlook for the chain in the states outside of a new park elsewhere.

I use to work at BGW, and still talk to many of my team members I worked with, and a lot of them said if they do SP Williamsburg, that the expansion would take place and not tie into BGW. So, with that I heard they was gonna expand it over into the Ireland parking area. I don't really like for SP in Williamsburg, because there is one in or near Philly, but I guess SEAS wants to bring in the crowds that we got from also the point of the tourist area & that we do get a lot of international tourist to BGW, so be away for the family time at SP, and then another way to get a grasp on the family doing SP & BGW by doing a two park ticket. So if they do it be nice, however I am glad I am not still there working If & when they do have a 3gate park. Although, on the plus side I loved working there with the variety of foods you could get from each hamlet. I am really excited from what I heard about the Madrid 2020 project. I hope they do the right thing and stay away from Intamin. It's also really sad they closed DK, I get why but should of at least let the annual pass holders on pass holder day have one last ride. #315Madrid

I mean, most of the stuff in that building is designed to be set on fire, so hopefully the fixes are minor haha. Happy to hear it was quickly contained. EFP is easily one of my favorite rides in the park.

BGT : Gwazi closed, Rhino Rally Closed, Splash boat closed, Cobras Curse, and a Skyrocket II (maybe?)

BGW: 325 ft coaster, invadr, and a skyrocket II

Seems like BGW has been getting a whole lot more things then BGT.

BGT : Gwazi closed, Rhino Rally Closed, Splash boat closed, Cobras Curse, and a Skyrocket II (maybe?)

BGW: 325 ft coaster, invadr, and a skyrocket II

Not to mention the Screaming Swing they’re getting next year. Man, I wish I could trade :(

Not to mention the Screaming Swing they’re getting next year. Man, I wish I could trade :(
Those are fairly popular at SDC and Dollywood.

Those are fairly popular at SDC and Dollywood.

Suprized they didn't buy two, one for BGW and one for BGT. I still think that purchase was a legacy addition that Manby was going for knowing the popularity of them at the Herschend parks.

Last edited by a moderator:

BGW lost Dark Castle.

BGW has much more direct competition to have an arms race against than BGT. KD is closer to them than BGT is to Orlando and the two parks really do compete for the local market.

I wouldn't count on this project going forward as a definite thing. A lot of things can change between now and construction. While SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment may have turned a corner nothing is guaranteed for the future. The company could easily have a reverse of the recent improvements, a new CEO could change the company's direction again, or the whole company could get acquired or merge with another company and all plans go out the window.