Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Can you do HHN as a solo guest

May 13, 2017
As in, is it fun? Also, if I were to do it, I would take the RIP tour. My bf wants to go but he won't be able to this year since he just found out he has to be on call most of Oct.

I have done the VIP tour before (not as a solo) and enjoyed it tremendously.

This is, more or less, a subjective answer that depends on you. Are you comfortable being by yourself at HHN? If you're doing the RIP experience, then you won't have to worry about being in long lines by yourself or eating in a crowded venue since you have the VIP buffet. Plus the guided tour has you bunched in with other groups of people for roughly 4 hours this year so there's that factor. Basically can you handle scary atmospheres on your own is the question you ask yourself.

I love going by myself. I don't mind having no one to talk to, and I get to go exactly where I want, when I want. Stay as late as I want, or leave early if I'm feeling satisfied. Basically the evening is mine and mine alone. It is still a lot of fun. On a side note, I had a couple amazing experiences at Knott's thanks to early entry, ending up in a couple mazes early in the evening completely alone. Nothing like getting ALL the scares. One time I met a lady in her 60's who used to come with her husband, but still attended by herself even when he stopped coming. So yeah, it's up to you if you think you will enjoy it, you know yourself best!

(raises hand sheepishly)

I've done it quite a few times, actually. Like the above mentioned, it's more of a subjective thing. RIP tour is great since you're already put into a group right upfront. I do enjoy going to the park and hanging out with someone, but I'm equally as fine with doing it on my own. There's a certain air to the freedom of being responsible to just yourself, and navigating the park on your own schedule. It's not for everyone, granted, but I have zero qualms about it.

Another good thing about RIP? No lines. Lines being by yourself is the worst, that's for sure.

Off course! I've gone solo many times during California's Great America's Halloween Haunt plenty of times without any friends and once in HHN in Universal Orlando. I like to explore things around me without being bothered by the subjects we're talking about in our daily lives. It also allows me to be sneaky of things people wouldn't normally do.

Thanks for all the fsvorable posts. I'm leaning towards going by myself. It seems people enjoy themselves even if going alone. If I do go, I plan to get the RIP pass.

The very first time I went in '07, I was by myself. It was after a break up and we still planned to go, but she ended up ignoring me that night and went to a party instead. I had a lot of fun, and like someone else said, everything you do is completely how you want to do it, when, and why. It's very liberating!

Or, day of, throw out a shout out here for a meet up. I know you don't know us, but we don't bite. Usually, someone here is going that day and is more than willing to make new friends/drinkin' buddies.

Or, day of, throw out a shout out here for a meet up. I know you don't know us, but we don't bite. Usually, someone here is going that day and is more than willing to make new friends/drinkin' buddies.

I'll second this. I've made four solo trips in recent years, using this forum to arrange meet ups with like minded people is great advice.

I've meet up with many from here, some of which are now friends for life.

I'm glad someone else bumped this thread so I didn't have to. I got my drivers license last year so I was able to attend HHN solo for the first time and I still had an awesome time. Granted I have no issue doing things by myself, so I have no idea how much you need social interaction but you said you're leaning towards RIP so I wouldn't think it would matter since you won't be alone the whole night anyways. I'm glad to see so many other people admitting to going solo before so I don't feel as weird saying I've done it.

I did the RIP tour this past Sunday and I had a really good time. I decided at the last minute to go on Sunday (was able to purchase ticket online on Sunday morning). It was a lot of fun, although the RIP experience wasn't as good as the daytime VIP experience. I found the RIP experience to be more hurried (like the guide rushed us through a bunch of mazes in a short amount of time). I didn't like the food as much as the daytime tour, although the desserts were great (I love nutella filled mini crepes). Our guide did tell us that we could go back to the VIP lounge from 10-11 for desserts and coffee.

I was surprised how crowded the Park was, especially on a Sunday. I liked the mazes a lot (although they all seemed a jumble to me. since we went through them one after the another, very quickly. The only maze I didn't like a lot, was the Shining maze. I dunno, I found that the scares there weren't that great.

I really loved the Urban Inferno scare zone. I found the Toxic Tunnel to be kind of lame. I hated the strobe lights (those give me headaches)

I found that since I scare easily, that the monsters and ghouls and scary things were attracted to me in the scare zones and in the haunted houses.

The Tram of Terror was ok. Good place to rest for a bit on the tram, although one had to walk alot after getting off. The chainsaw Chuckys were creepy. I don't know how the scareactors there were able to deal with the constant smell of gasoline (from the chainsaws). The gas smell gave me a headache.

I want to go back again before the season closes, so I can get a better feel of the mazes. If I were to go again, I would NOT get the RIP pass, but I would get a FOL pass so I can not have to wait in long lines. I did manage to pick up a tshirt and a backpack bag to commemorate my time there.

I managed to go on the Mummy ride twice (I love that ride). I also went on the Simpson's ride. I didn't go on Jurassic Park in the Dark because I didn't want to walk around the park with wet clothes. As for Transformers, that ride made me sick when I went on it in July, so it was a no go.

Just wondering, for those of you who have gone on the last day, does it get really crowded? I heard the last day is fun, so I might aim for that. I might go by myself again. I really enjoyed being able to go on things and do things without having to worry about other people.

I stayed till 12:30 AM because I was exhausted and I didn't want to drive home that late in the night.