Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And that, in isolation, isn't even the real loss (though it is a loss; it's something Walt Disney felt strongly about, and we need more Walt touchstones to remain).

The real loss is the Liberty Belle and the kinetic energy of the Rivers of America.

I fervently hope for wisdom and good sense to prevail.

And getting rid of TSI and the riverboat means they can build the hotel that connects to the park. If the canal doesn’t have to be used for towing the riverboat to the dry dock for rehab the can build a non-lifting bridge.

No one wants to see this come more than me, but there is a LONG history of things being cancelled. Especially when they give no timeline or more than one concept image, this is essentially still blue sky.
This is a full land with multiple attractions that's starting construction next year. Plus it's based on an IP AND there's not going to be another pandemic soon, so there's no incentive to cancel it. This is nowhere close to the same situation as the Play Pavillion and Main Street Theatre.

Reactions: Tbad556
No one wants to see this come more than me, but there is a LONG history of things being cancelled. Especially when they give no timeline or more than one concept image, this is essentially still blue sky.

What’s been canceled as of late is 2 glorified indoor playgrounds and a theater, I think what was announced, and stated pre-presentation as already in groundbreaking phases which afaik isn’t considered blue sky, should be enough to give them the benefit of the doubt at least for now.

Reactions: Jake S and Tbad556
And getting rid of TSI and the riverboat means they can build the hotel that connects to the park. If the canal doesn’t have to be used for towing the riverboat to the dry dock for rehab the can build a non-lifting bridge.
Yep, this is the other part of it. Liberty Belle glowing away or getting permanently docked means they can get rid of the “light show channel” and earnestly expand beyond Adventureland. Also spells doom for the Water Paegent

• Sad
Reactions: Clive