Celestial Park (Epic Universe) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Celestial Park (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Will offset Donkey Kong's terrible capacity though
For the sake of the park's capacity, yes, but you can't really improve the Donkey Kong situation by adjusting capacity park-wide. It's still a low capacity family coaster (though hopefully not as low as we fear) located behind two bottleneck entrances.

EDIT: Perhaps when DK opens, they'll do some kind of timed entry or virtual queue scheme that makes the experience more bearable, unless the line contains experiences that are worthwhile onto themselves.

For the sake of the park's capacity, yes, but you can't really improve the Donkey Kong situation by adjusting capacity park-wide. It's still a low capacity family coaster (though hopefully not as low as we fear) located behind two bottleneck entrances.

EDIT: Perhaps when DK opens, they'll do some kind of timed entry or virtual queue scheme that makes the experience more bearable, unless the line contains experiences that are worthwhile onto themselves.
Oh, I'm not saying "it's ok" that Starfall makes up for the lower capacity of DK, just that it'll at least provide something to do without much of a wait.

I hope I'm completely wrong on DK being in the 800-1,000 riders an hour range.

CelesTiki is making good progress:

You can start to see the fountain design front of the restaurant clearly now. I'm kind of curious as to how many pump rooms they have for this park and if there's any room left for sprinklers. lol

The work they're doing near the main fountain's pretty interesting. The area in front of Helios is getting shaped up, and it looks like the guest-only entrance bridge is now installed.

Last thing, it's great to see the scaffolding down from around the Starfall station!
This ride seems to have been built to be a people eater which is good being in the center part of the park.
Also will come in handy to handle the influx if people coming from the other lands if the rest of the park closes early as rumored.

That's a really long train. I expected 16 passenger trains. 20 is a lot.
I think it's funny how we have arrived this type of thinking. In the 70's - 80's the standard coaster train was about 7 cars per train offering 28 riders per train. Then B&M came on the scene in the 90's with their huge 8 car trains upping things to 32 people per train. THEN in the 90's they came BACK with their hypers offering a staggering 9 car trains offering 36 riders per train. Now we are saying a 5 car, 20 rider train is a lot lol.

Oh no... I just discovered the origins of Starfall Racers color scheme as far as the tracks go!
View attachment 21038

Someone needs to accelerate the trains to 88mph to get the track color fixed!

Those colors are from the Baby Boomer's as those are strictly 70's (with maybe a little 60's). We Gen Xers had to live with those colors but they were not our colors. The 80's and 90's reflect a Gen X color palette.

Man, that avacado green was ugly then and ugly now. I remember people with that color in the kitchens as well as those plastic cups.

Those colors are from the Baby Boomer's as those are strictly 70's (with maybe a little 60's). We Gen Xers had to live with those colors but they were not our colors. The 80's and 90's reflect a Gen X color palette.

Man, that avacado green was ugly then and ugly now. I remember people with that color in the kitchens as well as those plastic cups.

Agreed...though I'm late Gen X, those were definitely our parents stuff, not ours

Thisity this this! You think people were listening to Nirvana and Bel Biv DeVoe willingly in a room with that color scheme? LOL

• Haha
Reactions: IzzyB and SkiBum
Any chance this is a more current look at what the Constellation Carousel will be like? Or is it this a separate, innovative carousel (perhaps for the kids park)? (or neither)

Yes this is Constellation Carousel. This patent was first published Feb of last year, but was recently updated. The images appear to be the same. Or at least the main one anyway.

What I like is that how there are some seats outside of the three inner circles, in case you don’t want to have the extra motion.

Awesome! I hadn't seen this image (I'd only seen this one). This is one of my most anticipated rides at the new park.

It’s going to look gorgeous when it’s all finished! I feel like this ride is going to be the soul of the Celestial Park theme.

Although, it’s kind of a bummer that they left CAVU off of the patent filing, but I still can’t wait to ride it!