Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 2023) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Will point out:

Makes it sound like it might not be a straight adaptation of the show.

I imagine they got enough leeway to do whatever they want so long as they stay within the bounds of Child's Play 2 > < the TV series, with Don Mancini's sign-off. Don adores the lore of the franchise (outside of the voodoo stuff, which he is forever saddled with thanks to Tom Holland), so it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Orlando and Hollywood teams were given the freedom to explore whatever franchise environments they felt like pursuing.

Reactions: rageofthegods
I imagine they got enough leeway to do whatever they want so long as they stay within the bounds of Child's Play 2 > < the TV series, with Don Mancini's sign-off. Don adores the lore of the franchise (outside of the voodoo stuff, which he is forever saddled with thanks to Tom Holland), so it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Orlando and Hollywood teams were given the freedom to explore whatever franchise environments they felt like pursuing.

It'd be fun to see them dive into the lore, they can probably stretch the budget a little with a few Charles Lee Ray flashback segments if they really are relying on puppets. I'm also hoping to see some form of the factory ending from Child's Play 2.

My concern is if they go full bore into "Chucky's creations" theme that they've relied on in the past and just populate the maze with generic doll scare actors. I've always liked the designs they come up with whenever they use that theme but it's not hard to feel like it saps the property of its identity a little.

Reactions: DTH and Freak
Will point out:

Makes it sound like it might not be a straight adaptation of the show.

That's me!

__

In all seriousness, there is an interesting window in time that could actively be done as an Original-IP for Chucky. One that'd fully allow them the ability to use NiChucky and Tiffany, with the assembling of the Chucky Army. You could even use Glenda, and maybe even rope in Andy and Kyle into it; and it'd work out really well

House announced
Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count
Inspired by the hit USA & SYFY series and cult classic films, “Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count” casts this killer doll as the star of his very own haunted house for the first time. A true sadistic killer, Chucky has been mired in the agony of disrespect he feels from his peers at not being taken seriously. Thus begins his quest to turn his haunted house into a living slaughterhouse by killing every person who enters.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count
Inspired by the hit USA & SYFY series and cult classic films, “Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count” casts this killer doll as the star of his very own haunted house for the first time. A true sadistic killer, Chucky has been mired in the agony of disrespect he feels from his peers at not being taken seriously. Thus begins his quest to turn his haunted house into a living slaughterhouse by killing every person who enters.
Did the initial announcement mention the films? I feel like it just mentioned the series, so this plus the titles implications interest me.
My guess, the maze might open with the ending of Childs Play 2, since Universal already has the rights (along with 3, Bride, Curse and Cult), and the facade is already looking like a variation on the Good Guy factory.
As much as I'm in the outlying group in preferring the show over most of the rest of the series, this could shape up to be the big series compilation house people have been wanting, even if its missing a few movies.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
I'd love to see:
- Child's Play 2 - Factory scene
- Child's Play 3 - Chucky getting thrown into the fan
- Bride - Hotel of Love kills, Pinhead kill, Graveyard scene
- Seed - Just want to see Glen/Glenda, but also the killing Santa part is funny even though part of a movie
- Curse and Cult - Nothing sticks out from these for me to want

Did the initial announcement mention the films? I feel like it just mentioned the series, so this plus the titles implications interest me.
My guess, the maze might open with the ending of Childs Play 2, since Universal already has the rights (along with 3, Bride, Curse and Cult), and the facade is already looking like a variation on the Good Guy factory.
As much as I'm in the outlying group in preferring the show over most of the rest of the series, this could shape up to be the big series compilation house people have been wanting, even if its missing a few movies.

That's right from the Release.

It's an original house featuring Chucky basically.

I'm guessing some of these will be projected and be moving? Would make a pretty bland facade otherwise and looks like some of these have a cut-out in the box's window .

What do you guys think?

This is genuinely fantastic news. Hopefully they got Fiona and Jennifer to come onboard to do VO for Nica and Tiff, would be great to see them both represented here.

The direction of this house is a complete gamble - from the choosing to go all in on effects to capture an authentic version of the main character to the meta original story.

If this house is successful, I think this opens the door for other more technically challenging IPs/or original concepts in the future.

I know a lot of effort has been put into this house, so I am really hoping it succeeds.

I think the thing that genuinely fascinated me--atleast from the tours, is how *hollywood centric* this seems to be in the terms of how the house was developed. And because it feels this way, with the amount of intensive effort that has been placed to it; Chucky is the biggest house they have ever done due to how much they had to throw away to make this work.

From SYFY and Don Mancini's heavy involvement, to working with licensing teams from both park and Chucky departments--it really seems *different* from the pack due to how all out Murdy is going at it.

With the prospect of FNAF looking more and more likely, I am genuinely curious how Hollywood manages to handle that of the heavy mechanical and animated work that is going to have to go into this, because if it works as I think it might--this might be one of the best houses they have ever made. And in doing so, opening the door wide open for stuff like Gremlins and FNAF, for high tech experiences like this.

I think the thing that genuinely fascinated me--atleast from the tours, is how *hollywood centric* this seems to be in the terms of how the house was developed. And because it feels this way, with the amount of intensive effort that has been placed to it; Chucky is the biggest house they have ever done due to how much they had to throw away to make this work.

From SYFY and Don Mancini's heavy involvement, to working with licensing teams from both park and Chucky departments--it really seems *different* from the pack due to how all out Murdy is going at it.

With the prospect of FNAF looking more and more likely, I am genuinely curious how Hollywood manages to handle that of the heavy mechanical and animated work that is going to have to go into this, because if it works as I think it might--this might be one of the best houses they have ever made. And in doing so, opening the door wide open for stuff like Gremlins and FNAF, for high tech experiences like this.

Yeah there is no way a previous version of Hollywood would create an all animatronic chucky house like this. Pretty damn exciting.

Maze looks fantastic.
Agreed on all fronts. I think this is going to be a groundbreaking house for HHN. This wouldn’t have been possible around the early to mid 2010’s, but I’m really excited to see how they pull off the Chucky puppets. They need to be realistic and actually make me jump when the timing calls for it. Hopefully they manage to pull off both!

Woah…
to give some background: that's essentially a large costume that a performer can step in and out of. it's strung up with a gimbal that alleviates most of the weight of the costume, making it far easier to maneuver (and cast — Murdy said they could cast someone 5'4" as easily as 6'4"). it's extremely impressive (and scary) in person.