Chucky (TV Series) | Inside Universal Forums

Chucky (TV Series)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 14, 2014
Seoul, Korea

“After a vintage Chucky doll turns up at a suburban yard sale, an idyllic American town is thrown into chaos as a series of horrifying murders begin to expose the town’s hypocrisies and secrets. Meanwhile, the arrival of enemies — and allies — from Chucky’s past threatens to expose the truth behind the killings, as well as the demon doll’s untold origins as a seemingly ordinary child who somehow became this notorious monster.”

The series serves as a sequel to curse and cult bringing back many of the Child Play 2 cast as well as Jennifer Tilly reprising her role as Tiffany.

With EP1 now out, I gotta say, Don Mancini killed it on the TV debut for the doll. Even if it's just one out of what seems to be eight episodes; it feels like a great culmination of what makes Curse and Cult work well for Chucky.

Can't wait to see how they tie into the larger universe.

The inclusion of Alex Vincent is good, as I wonder when we'll switch to him and Kyle's point of view. Also, the vomit electrocution kill was great.

So is this better than the movies they have been doing starting with Bride of Chucky? Always felt the franchise went downhill fast after Child's Play 3. I did like the reboot, though that is really completely separate and really has nothing to do with the original concept save for the doll image and the good guys brand.

So is this better than the movies they have been doing starting with Bride of Chucky? Always felt the franchise went downhill fast after Child's Play 3. I did like the reboot, though that is really completely separate and really has nothing to do with the original concept save for the doll image and the good guys brand.

Bride of Chucky was surprisingly fun, but Seed did dive the series down into a dumpster fire (Even if there was themes that I am glad were introduced).

Curse and Cult of Chucky helped revitalize the doll, and the show is bringing a lot of what Mancini improved with the Doll from there; alongside the quality of his other TV endeavors with Hannibal and Channel Zero. Don't be fooled by the fact that Curse/Cult were Direct-to-video. They are as important as Bride is.

Reactions: anihilnation
I've never seen a Chucky movie before. Is there anything I need to know to get into the show?

I'd say watch the first two Childs Play movies, Bride of Chucky, and Curse/Cult of Chucky. Five films is a task, but it's well worth it especially with characters from the films, coming into the show.

I've never seen a Chucky movie before. Is there anything I need to know to get into the show?

I think if you know the basics of Chucky, you will understand the show. Chucky, serial killer who used voodoo to transfer his body to a doll then over the series tried to transfer back to human, however now he can take over multiple bodies. he is the american doll Voldemort who split his soul into many places.

Now you can watch the show.

Reactions: MrBlonde
I just finished the most recent episode, did they censor Chucky at the end there for comedic effect? I don’t understand why they bleeped out whatever he was saying considering the frequent use of the “F Word” on the show throughout

I just finished the most recent episode, did they censor Chucky at the end there for comedic effect? I don’t understand why they bleeped out whatever he was saying considering the frequent use of the “F Word” on the show throughout

He used the word that starts C and ends in Tuesday word in combination with a few other words which is a hard word to use on American television. Probably for advertisers not to get upset.

Reactions: GorillaFeces