Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 32) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The podcast says, "We brought in Chucky, 'hey [Chucky], come and promote this cool thing that we built.' It's based on the show, but it's the Ultimate Kill Count, its Chucky the killer doll, so it is the greatest hits. Chucky shows up and he's like, 'You're not KILLING anybody. Nobody's actually being killed.' So HE killed the creators of the house, possessed the dolls that WE made for our haunted house, [Chucky says] 'I'm going to up my numbers and this is going to be epic.' So Chucky has taken over his own house, has possessed all our props, and some of the guests, and maybe some of the attraction workers... and is having a blast doing it."

This truly sounds like our comedy house. Sounds like they had a blast making it hilariously not a "book report house" too.

Yeah this was towards the bottom and it shot up for me.

I need some commentary like "what?? There's an outside break in my house?"

• Haha
Reactions: Sledge
I really hope they were able to get Brad Dourif to record original dialogue for this, as I think that's going to make or break the ambitious concept they're going for here. He did do voicework for Hollywood's Terror Tram a few years ago, so I'm hopeful, but they would've needed to get the sessions done before the strike started.

This sounds incredible!

I'm staying firmly in the camp of "Don Mancini + Crew came up a bonkers idea and Universal just ran with it." Clearly consensus on this forum has been that Chucky operates best with no boundaries, and I do have to wonder if they realized that translating the TV series just wouldn't work as well as they thought.

I really hope they were able to get Brad Dourif to record original dialogue for this, as I think that's going to make or break the ambitious concept they're going for here. He did do voicework for Hollywood's Terror Tram a few years ago, so I'm hopeful, but they would've needed to get the sessions done before the strike started.

Same- I'm fairly confident in this for no other reason than the team behind Chucky loves the property so much

I think the fact that they actually got Dourif for VO last year for the StarWay at Hollywood & Rockit, and freaking Jennifer Tilly for Tiffany last year makes me have to think they would be insane for omitting out on getting them both for VO of the house.

*phew*
So it won’t be a “watch the show” house; this sounds fun as heck… Helps that his scare zone in 2018 was my favorite, AND ACTUAL DOLLS!! Hopefully they decorate a little the transition in between.
However the show has some fun kills that can be replicated, chainsaw kill, bludgeoning with a Chucky doll, electrocution and tons of stabbings.

Well...

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
It was understaffed. However, I'm being very generous complaining about that. Frankly, I think even if the house was fully staffed the house is simply designed incredibly poorly. The actors could be Scarecrow level intense and it wouldn't change the fact that most of it is Beetlejuice-style mannequins and TV Screens of Chucky talking to you that you walk past before they can even finish a sentence.