Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

City Works Eatery & Public House

it's a sports bar!
That it is. I do wonder how well it will do with it not only being on the West Side but all the way down at the end of the west side. Of course Cirque, HoB and NBA are all in the general area, but other than that, you've gotta be willing to make the trek (and spend a lot more than if you just went to Miller's Ale House off property).

That it is. I do wonder how well it will do with it not only being on the West Side but all the way down at the end of the west side. Of course Cirque, HoB and NBA are all in the general area, but other than that, you've gotta be willing to make the trek (and spend a lot more than if you just went to Miller's Ale House off property).

It’ll do gangbusters because every concierge and front desk except for Crescent Lake resorts will point to this instead of ESPN Zone.

I guess I'm not the right demographic for this. To me it's kinda boring and generic. I'm not a beer drinker though.

So was at Springs yesterday and decided to eat here. It’s overpriced and it’s nothing special ($20 burgers), but that’s to be expected from a Disney restaurant and it’s nice to have an actual sports bar option in Disney Springs finally.

THAT SAID... ESPN Zone is easily the better option for sports fans if you are planning your day simply around a big game. City Works is more along the Yard House lane.

So was at Springs yesterday and decided to eat here. It’s overpriced and it’s nothing special ($20 burgers), but that’s to be expected from a Disney restaurant and it’s nice to have an actual sports bar option in Disney Springs finally.

THAT SAID... ESPN Zone is easily the better option if you are planning your day simply around a big game.

Why's it the better option?

Why's it the better option?
It’s a more intimate venue. Going there for something like the Super Bowl or College Championship game is always packed and a raucous environment. This is a larger venue with less TVs than ESPN Club has. I feel like there will be a lot of people here who are less into the game and more about the beers or food.

I guess we will see.

It’s a more intimate venue. Going there for something like the Super Bowl or College Championship game is always packed and a raucous environment. This is a larger venue with less TVs than ESPN Club has. I feel like there will be a lot of people here who are less into the game and more about the beers or food.

I guess we will see.

Ah got it.

Ah got it.
At the same time, this place is perfectly fine and way more populated than the Boardwalk is. It’ll do gangbusters considering very few places actually show sports in DS and the places that do, it’s mostly the bar within the restaurant like at Paradiso 37, Boathouse or Splitsville

Food seems like it gets passable reviews but it does seem a bit too much like a Yardhouse for something I would expect at Disney Springs. As a tourist it would be nice to have a wide selection of Florida beers in one spot on property, but I’m not a tourist and know where to get all of those without the $pring$ markup.

I’ll reimburse the first person to stop in and very loudly order a ZFG by its actual name in front of a family with small children.

At the same time, this place is perfectly fine and way more populated than the Boardwalk is. It’ll do gangbusters considering very few places actually show sports in DS and the places that do, it’s mostly the bar within the restaurant like at Paradiso 37, Boathouse or Splitsville

How would you compare it to NBC, as far as layout, TVs, food and beer selection go?