Concept for USH's 2nd Gate and How it Could Work | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Concept for USH's 2nd Gate and How it Could Work

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if our USH 2nd gate would be a clone of IOA or UOR 3rd gate?

Naturally, I would like a unique park, but that seems impossible given Comcast's history.

Reactions: Armando17
I wonder if our USH 2nd gate would be a clone of IOA or UOR 3rd gate?

Naturally, I would like a unique park, but that seems impossible given Comcast's history.

The same Comcast that was going to approve a IP less park in Japan before the Japanese government changed their mind as well as invited an IP less water park? Yea if they have a good concept they will make an unique IP less park. If not, then it will be full of IPs.

Reactions: SOCAL110
The same Comcast that was going to approve a IP less park in Japan before the Japanese government changed their mind as well as invited an IP less water park? Yea if they have a good concept they will make an unique IP less park. If not, then it will be full of IPs.

Interesting. Wasn't aware of that fact.

I don't necessarily mind IP, given that I'm dying to get Zelda on the West Coast. I meant unique in the sense that we would get original attractions, rather than clones from the other parks.

Yeah, it's highly unlikely that Universal Studios Hollywood might develop the 2nd gate, let alone the size of IOA or USF, give its large number of production facilities needed for filming and storing equipment and meeting plans. I think Universal just purchase homes up the hills maybe to expand their offices and to accommodate more room for workers. 43 acres is just Nah that you might as well take a tram or easily walk one park to another after finishing it within a few hours each because having to pay for each seems like a total ripoff. However, I don't really think the idea should be entirely abandoned, just that Universal really needs to take it and make it work perfectly for the guests and critics.

Yeah, it's highly unlikely that Universal Studios Hollywood might develop the 2nd gate, let alone the size of IOA or USF, give its large number of production facilities needed for filming and storing equipment and meeting plans. I think Universal just purchase homes up the hills maybe to expand their offices and to accommodate more room for workers. 43 acres is just Nah that you might as well take a tram or easily walk one park to another after finishing it within a few hours each because having to pay for each seems like a total ripoff. However, I don't really think the idea should be entirely abandoned, just that Universal really needs to take it and make it work perfectly for the guests and critics.

I completely agree. I feel people really stretch the idea of a second gate happening any time soon none the less the possibilities it would entail. If we do get a second gate I see it being very unsuccessful at first...

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
It might be wise to build a second gate outside of Universal City in a location where they have more space and less noise restrictions.

It might be wise to build a second gate outside of Universal City in a location where they have more space and less noise restrictions.

Which isn't possible, considering most of Los Angeles is already developed with homes and 3rd party hotels and businesses and you have to go through the hassle of L.A. city officials, which might not approve because it might destroy many people's businesses. Universal City is also mostly developed, as it has homes and 3rd party hotels and businesses nearby so it's not possible to build a 2nd park the size of IOA or USF. It's not like Orlando, where they have more space.

Note the color of the golf course (light green) is identical to the zoning of Griffith Park on the far right. Universal could buy the property to help control their borders, but it will never be changed from the current zone which the golf course is which is a "recreational park".

Another note is that all the yellow is residential!!!

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 10.10.53 AM.png

Reactions: Mad Dog
I also think that with the heavy money spent on Supercharged, If Universal Studios Hollywood were to build a 2nd gate, they would retrofit Hollywood's Supercharged into a stand alone version like Orlando. Plus, if the Studio Tour is scrapped for a 2nd gate, then Kong 360 would be eliminated...which means that Skull Island would port over to keep Kong in the west coast park. This plot is an excellent suggestion and I like where you are going with this thread Kyle :)

Reactions: k_peek_2000
I also think that with the heavy money spent on Supercharged, If Universal Studios Hollywood were to build a 2nd gate, they would retrofit Hollywood's Supercharged into a stand alone version like Orlando. Plus, if the Studio Tour is scrapped for a 2nd gate, then Kong 360 would be eliminated...which means that Skull Island would port over to keep Kong in the west coast park. This plot is an excellent suggestion and I like where you are going with this thread Kyle :)
You thinking they may eventually retire the Tram? Deep down, I think that may not be a bad idea once they want to build that second gate.

Is Universal really considering a 2nd gate for sometime in the future or is this just us fanboys wishful thinking?