Country Bear Jamboree | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Country Bear Jamboree

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My last post was a little too snarky, but there are absolutely teams that exist basically to count up IP “impressions” in the parks, which is basically all they can do because the counterpoint is that there’s no correlation between IP and ride satisfaction scores.

IMO, IP doesn’t even help much with initial marketing… it only really helps with longevity (meaning, if I build a Moana ride today, it will help the kids born in 4-5 years be more likely to know of Moana in 8-10 years).
I personally would be curious to see what % bump AK got when Everest opened vs Avatar. Because my understanding they didn't get the bump from Everest which started the whole mature market argument WDW had for years.
While this may lack the cynicism of Under New Management, I still feel like there is a comparison to be made here. Both were modifications of beloved original shows to meet a cooperate IP quota/mandate. While I appreciate that at least some effort was made to maintain the shows original tone, unlike Under New Management, this still is very out of touch with why the show was beloved, and what made it special in the first place. It's not necessary to dump in the same handful of songs that can already be heard in many other attractions and shows elsewhere in Magic Kingdom, let alone all of Walt Disney World.
UNM was an awful and annoying show. This Jamboree doesn't seem to be annoying. I don't think they can be compared.
Yeah - it's fine. Kids will love it. As an adult putting the "critique hat" on - some songs work great, and some songs are odd choices (Looking at you, Fixer Upper).
Kids will love it is the key, my kids never wanted to go to the old show. I imagine they will enjoy this one more, dragging me into it whenever we make it back to Disney. More people attending a show is always good.