Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cruella

Looks stylish as heck, but I don’t have much of an idea with regard to what it’s about.

Except for the last shot. Her line, “I’m Cruella” is obviously in response to some saying, “You’re so cruel,” to which she says, “Cruel? [evil chuckle] I’m Cruella.”

And the writers applaud each other for their brilliance.

It gives me vibes of what a PG version of Harley Quinn would be. I don't have much faith here. Wasn't this one of the movies that was going to Disney+ though? Doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Visually, I think it looks quite promising.

I have no faith, however, that Disney will be able to resist sanding off the character's sharpest edges like they did with Maleficent.

It's directed by the guy who made I, Tonya (which I enjoyed) and co-written by the guy who did The Favourite (which I loved). So that definitely peaks my interest quite a bit with this project.

It's directed by the guy who made I, Tonya (which I enjoyed) and co-written by the guy who did The Favourite (which I loved). So that definitely peaks my interest quite a bit with this project.
But it’s of course going to be forced to be Disney-fied, so im still a bit low on expectations here.

But it’s of course going to be forced to be Disney-fied, so im still a bit low on expectations here.
The people who they got to write Christopher Robin and Lady and the Tramp are crazy but those films were very bland. I don't expect much different here. Nothing wrong with just collecting a paycheck for your own projects.

The people who they got to write Christopher Robin and Lady and the Tramp are crazy but those films were very bland. I don't expect much different here. Nothing wrong with just collecting a paycheck for your own projects.
I actually thought the Christopher Robin film had some charm to it, but recognize it’s overall blandness (sort of like Pete’s Dragon). Lady and the Tramp just sort of failed to launch, imo.

It's currently unrated, but I'm under the impression that this is set to fetch a PG-13 rating.
Which would give it more room to stretch its legs than Maleficent, which was PG.

I think Jungle Cruise is meant to be PG-13, so it won’t surprise me if this one is.

It’s like Disney wanted to make their version of Joker. Most of the dialogue (minus the “I am woman hear me roar”) is like beat for beat Joker.... “I’m mad, I’m psycho, the world isn’t ready for me *maniacal laugh* Ha Ha Ha”

Even the “I’m Cruella” is like “I’m the Joker”.

giphy.gif