D23 Expo 2024 - News & Rumors | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2024 - News & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Our friend and comrade Disney Drew said Disney would be streaming something (Horizons?) on Fortnite. I’ll admit that my eyes glazed over while I was reading it.
30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by Peacock

Nope, worse than that.

Streamed on Fortnite.

Oh, Bob... :no_mouth:
8znk96.jpg

EDIT: I still can't believe this...all they needed to do, was have a good slate of announcements, and show those announcements to their core audience. They can't go a single D23 without doing something completely weird or unnecessary like the Brian Cornell Target bit, or all the canceled projects, or the blue sky speculation, and now this!

0_HqTJUztHelc5ig50.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jake S and TheUniC6
I mean, I assume if its on fornite then people will stream if from their games to Youtube...could be wrong but honestly think we will be able to see it

Also for those asking why Fortnite, Disney is partnered with Epic games who runs Fortnite

Disney: Just to be clear, this is Horizons the Fornite panel. This certainly is not Horizons the Parks panel, which Horizons the Fornite panel is based on.

everyone on instagram (influencers, mostly) seems to have been invited, so i expect to fall asleep on the east coast and wake up sunday AM with a billion articles about the same announcements. honestly, i'm fine with that this year.

i won't miss the products fluff but i will miss the goodies they handed out last time (the box of Porto's - YUM).

Reactions: Jake S
My conspiracy brain says that this isn’t a good sign. I really hope Disney pulls it out though.

I've heard some things that make me more optimistic than I was 1-2 weeks ago, but until I see construction equipment I'm just going to assume that it's going to be ages before anything opens. I'm hoping they could flip Dinosaur into Indy by summer 2026 but that's probably wishful thinking.

Reactions: kristenabelle
I've heard some things that make me more optimistic than I was 1-2 weeks ago, but until I see construction equipment I'm just going to assume that it's going to be ages before anything opens. I'm hoping they could flip Dinosaur into Indy by summer 2026 but that's probably wishful thinking.
That's nice to hear. On the other hand, it's entirely possible that the slate looks something like what Joe has laid out below, but I'm holding out hope :)
I've never heard of an omnimover, nor a TLK ride, coming to DAK.
I've heard none of that.
Heard some gossip to expect little to be announced.
I don't think that's happening, unfortunately.
It's the Parks & Products pannel and I think we're going to get a lot of products this year.