D23 Expo 2024 - News & Rumors | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2024 - News & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

If rumors are true...then..
ESu.gif

Walt being added to Lincoln? or something else

Its kinda insane that Disneyland could see more announcements then WDW

WDW literally has double the parks and Epic Universe to you know try to fight against or have at least have things to do so people also spend more time at WDW and not just at the Universal parks.

As long as Tropical Americas is announced and a parade at MK, I won't be disappointed. Don't expect major details on Beyond Big Thunder, with that project not happening until later in the decade.
I don’t want it to be tropical americas and nothing else? I don’t wanna wait 2 more years for something other than wdw key jingling.

Its kinda insane that Disneyland could see more announcements then WDW

WDW literally has double the parks and Epic Universe to you know try to fight against or have at least have things to do so people also spend more time at WDW and not just at the Universal parks.
rare DP--but I think this might be Disney's push for LA2028. Hit the ground running, announce short-term investments up to the sporting event.

Universal and Disney did something similar when tourism index was promoting for Tokyo 2020; where TDL would've done NFL and USJ had SNW.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
rare DP--but I think this might be Disney's push for LA2028. Hit the ground running, announce short-term investments up to the sporting event.

Universal and Disney did something similar when tourism index was promoting for Tokyo 2020; where TDL would've done NFL and USJ had SNW.
I mean if they could somehow get Avatar (or another land) and Avengers done by then then not a bad move.

Would hopefully also push USH to get another land open by 2028 as well.

I would not be surprised if shovels hit dirt on both of those projects on Oct. 1st.
I hope....current Disneyland does not make me think that but if we are entering a new era then great.

(I mean after them being unable to get the HM Q open after 6 months...really hoping they know they need to start these projects ASAP)

Wdw fans, are we cooked?
No. WDI has been staffing up like crazy over the past 2 years.

For context, the current headcount at WDI is 50% higher than it was PRIOR to the layoffs after Shanghai opened. Vaughn said the number of projects in development is unprecedented in the history of WDI. He’s not bluffing.

Reactions: kristenabelle
I would not be surprised if shovels hit dirt on both of those projects on Oct. 1st.

Not sure on Avatar--but I have to think Avengers atleast by then.

In the meanwhile--filling my hat with my predictions:
D23 Predictions (Film):
  • The Kingdom Hearts Movie is real
  • We finally get a bit more context on the Pirates reboot/sequel
  • R Rated Film is talked about during the showcase (not simply talking about DP&W's success)
D23 Predictions (Gaming):
  • Gameplay Trailer for 1943: The Rise of Hydra
  • Lots of Fortnite gaming information with the upcoming season (& teasing of the 2025 Collaboration)
  • Kingdom Hearts 4 is given a Release Window + Pandora is revealed
D23 Predictions (Parks)
  • Avengers E-Ticket, Spring 2027 for DCA, Fall 2027 for HKDL
  • No Avatar DLR news concretely
  • Tropical Americas is talked about in detail for Indiana, not so much for Encanto (that's saved for D23 Brazil later this year)
  • Tokyo Disneyland NTL Star Tours Replacement (Kingdom Hearts)
  • SHDL Marvel Expansion
  • MK Nighttime Parade
  • TT 3.0 Info & Timeframe
  • DAP Lion King announced
  • Hail Mary: Disneyland 3 Blue Sky

Reactions: Jerroddragon
No. WDI has been staffing up like crazy over the past 2 years.

For context, the current headcount at WDI is 50% higher than it was PRIOR to the layoffs after Shanghai opened. Vaughn said the number of projects in development is unprecedented in the history of WDI. He’s not bluffing.
Surely the contractually obligated second Shanghai park survived all of the force majeure’ing that was going on everywhere during/after Covid.

• Avengers E-Ticket, Spring 2027 for DCA, Fall 2027 for HKDL
  • No Avatar DLR news concretely
If Avatar for DLR is mentioned, I am going to guess it will be a confirmation of the location (presumably DCA) and a brief piece or two of concept art. More official details would then come out at D23 2026.

As for the Avengers E ticket, even though this is not as much set in stone as DCA and HKDL getting it, I wonder if WDSP or now DAW will also get it as well. They have the Lights Motor Action venue behind AC hosting that Alice in Wonderland show which is slated to run into September then end. Seems like a no-brainer to port the Avengers E ticket over for that spot.

Surely the contractually obligated second Shanghai park survived all of the force majeure’ing that was going on everywhere during/after Covid.
There isn’t a contractual obligation for Disney to build to second gate in Shanghai. Unlike Paris, the Shanghai government is the majority owner of the resort and don’t want to be bound to funding a project they don’t want to pay for.

In Paris, Disney was obligated to build a second gate or else forfeit the land to the French government. So they built a park as cheap as they possibly could. Without that obligation WDSP probably wouldn’t exist today.

There isn’t a contractual obligation for Disney to build to second gate in Shanghai. Unlike Paris, the Shanghai government is the majority owner of the resort and don’t want to be bound to funding a project they don’t want to pay for.

In Paris, Disney was obligated to build a second gate or else forfeit the land to the French government. So they built a park as cheap as they possibly could. Without that obligation WDSP probably wouldn’t exist today.
Apparently by 2036 Disney is once again contractually obligate to build a third gate for DLP.

Apparently by 2036 Disney is once again contractually obligate to build a third gate for DLP.
True, unless there’s yet another amendment to the contract. The contract was renegotiated and it states that the contract may be amended again to push the date further.

At this point, DLP has a lot more leverage that than used to.