D23 Expo 2024 - News & Rumors | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2024 - News & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Done with STAR WARS and Marvel stuff already* without any real announcements?

So far the only announcement of note at all is INCREDIBLES III.

*I say already, but they're running 30 minutes over at this point, and still presumably have to talk about MUFASA, SNOW WHITE, and TRON.

Reactions: Jamesh22
You're definitely the MVP, @Nick !

Get hyped crowd what's wrong with you! lol

Admittedly, my reaction was kinda' the same on this announcement. Incredibles 2 was a tale of two stories, you had the Superhero version of "Mr. Mom" which was pretty fun, but the other was the Screenslaver story which was severely disappointing. So there's not much hype in the tank for a 3rd right now.

Reactions: Nico and Nick
Some first thoughts on some of films announced:

Looking forward to Zootopia 2. The first one definitely warranted a sequel.

Toy Story 5. The plot of going up against electronic devices and the Evil Buzz's stuck in demo mode make it sound like this series is running out of ideas. It should have ended after 3. But at second glance, I interpret the electronic devices plot as Bonnie and other kids being more attracted to them than the actual toys.

Incredibles 3: Of all the Pixar movies presented here, this is the one I am looking forward to the most. I thought the original plan was to do a D+ series on Incredibles, not another movie, unless they are going to use the 3rd movie as a vehicle to lead into a D+ series.

Reactions: Jamesh22
I'm happy this panel brought joy to so many other people but outside of Freakier Friday, Fantastic Four, and Avatar....nothing really is attracting me as a must see.

Great job Nick for the updates

Reactions: Nick
Thanks everyone. Will probably be trying to be doing the same tomorrow.

The first half of the panel was I feel a lot better than the back half. I was expecting a lot more from Marvel. Notably (during Lucasfilm panel) also there was no talk about the supposed Rey film and Kathleen Kennedy never even took the stage. The whole thing was structured sort of all over the place.

I do hope some of you saw the Daredevil: Born Again trailer before it got taken down from X though. Hopefully they officially release it soon. It looks exactly as you'd hope.

@Nick, you are the MVP tonight! Just a few off the top of my head thoughts:

- Hoppers has an insane premise
- A Monster Jam movie with The Rock doesn't feel real
- Thrilled for Andor S2
- TRON images look great & NIN is exciting!

Reactions: Nick
@Nick, you are the MVP tonight! Just a few off the top of my head thoughts:

- Hoppers has an insane premise
- A Monster Jam movie with The Rock doesn't feel real
- Thrilled for Andor S2
- TRON images look great & NIN is exciting!
I love the animation style for Hoppers, really hope it's just off the wall, zany in the best way.

A few things I missed:

Ironheart:

The ironheart, Fantastic Four, and Daredevil trailers were shown exclusively to D23 attendees. Some leaked versions are out there, I think all look rather good, but Fantastic Four looks PERFECT and Daredevil: Born Again looks exactly as you'd hope.

Worth noting what projects were absent from Marvel at D23:
- Blade
- Spider-Man 4 (that's on Sony to announce tho)
- Shang-Chi 2
- Armor Wars
- Nova
- Wonder Man
- Doctor Strange 3

Not hearing a peep on Blade is telling because this would've been the perfect venue to announce a new director and instead silence. To be honest, I really think there needs to be some tough decisions made to hold on a Blade film until the next saga and pass on Mahershala Ali, who I already think is too old for the character anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadbydawn
Found some youtube videos from the presentation that I thought were interesting. Shows the actors and directors talking about the projects, no footage.

I genuinely wonder if they will try to open this with Hugh Jackman or if he'd even be open to it.

Moana 2 new song w/Auili'i Cravallo and Dwayne Johnson:

Tron: Ares

Iger: