D23 Expo 2024 - News & Rumors | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2024 - News & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What are you most excited about?

• Monsters Inc. Land at DHS

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Avengers Campus new rides

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pandora at DCA

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Villains Land at MK

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Cars Frontierland area at MK

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • The Lion King ride at DAW

• Tropical Americas Land at DAK

• Coco at DCA

• Spider-Man coaster at SHDL

• Fortnite lmao

• Total voters
I think once i know how they plan to execute all these concepts then I will be more excited. I was so overly excited for Peter Pan Neverland Adventure at TDS while well done, it didn't meet my expectations when i actually rode it.

But out of all of them Villians Land has me most interested as well as Avatar on the west coast.

Just an fyi, I added high resolution concept art images to the front of almost every thread that had something major announced. Also added a poll to the top of here. Feel free to vote fortnite if your answer is not one of the choices there lol.

Last edited:
Just remember Josh D’Amaro said these rides are in development, just like Marie Poppins was and the theater at MK...
Yes, but do you know how much cool stuff was announced at D23 2017 and almost all got built except those two things. It's just funny to me that those two always get brought up from a convention that went bonkers like this one did and literally everything major got built.

Yes, but do you know how much cool stuff was announced at D23 2017 and almost all got built except those two things. It's just funny to me that those two always get brought up from a convention that went bonkers like this one did and literally everything major got built.
Look back to the over hyped "Disney Decade" if you remember that...
It's great to be excited and we are all happy Disney is doing something besides some reskins but just a friendly warning.

It's great to be excited and we are all happy Disney is doing something besides some reskins but just a friendly warning.

I know all about the Disney Decade but like, read the room lol.

Sure maybe some stuff might get cancelled (I can imagine this happening to Stark Flight Labs for example), but the Disney Decade is the last thing I’m thinking about just hours after getting the announcements we got.

If something gets cancelled we’ll talk about it then but for now, just one day, let’s be happy.

For WDW most have to happen due to the deal with the FL state government but i think the only way they will not happen at the other parks is if there is a significant financial crisis....

Wow happily surprised by the number of concrete announcements! The Cars attraction looks dope as it combines one of my fav rides (RSR) with what looks like an arts & crafts style! Love it. You can see how each announcement tries to tackle a part of Epic Universe and other Universal additions. Very excited for the next 6 years.

Don't forget Play Pavilion, SSE redo, and the new China film. Disney has a long history of announcing then cancelling plans.

Last edited:
Wow happily surprised by the number of concrete announcements! The Cars attraction looks dope as it combines one of my fav rides (RSR) with what looks like an arts & crafts style! Love it. You an see how each announcement tries to tackle a part of Epic Universe and other Universal additions. Very excited for the next 6 years.

Don't forget Play Pavilion, SSE redo, and the new China film. Disney has a long history of announcing then cancelling plans.
Yeah, I know these are just “in development” and if the company crashes and burns financially (which I mean, they already are crashing) then we may not see certain things.

But when you announce 20 things at once like this you put yourself at risk for that to happen and they know it. We all know it too, I just think it’s pointless to discuss until it happens.

Reactions: Jake S and screenz
Wow happily surprised by the number of concrete announcements! The Cars attraction looks dope as it combines one of my fav rides (RSR) with what looks like an arts & crafts style! Love it. You an see how each announcement tries to tackle a part of Epic Universe and other Universal additions. Very excited for the next 6 years.

Or dramatically underdelivering (most of Epcot overhaul)

I feel like Disney ate Epic Universe’s lunch here. Just personal preference for what was presented. Going to get interesting in Orlando the next few years :eyes:

This has a nice roundup of dates, but be aware this is a mixture of “construction starting” and “debuting” with a little bit of “coming soon” mixed in.

Aside from the night parade at MK, I wouldn't bank on much of anything beside Indy as a "done deal". Disney has announced far too many things and then unceremoniously had them disappear, never to be mentioned again.

Reactions: Grabnar
This is what I think is way more realistic to think about at the current moment. See that amazing Villains Land concept art? Imagine it with like 30% less rock work and don’t at all expect that that coaster that looks like an RMC is for real yet.

But that's because they canceled a bunch of stuff! And I forgot the Festival Pavilion!

I'll believe it when it opens. Too many Disney projects get announced and never built.

The lack of anything beside very vague concept art and no timeline says to me that they still haven't committed to a design yet.

As for "construction has started", construction also started for the Main Street Theater, the Pleasure Island 2.0, and the Play Pavilion to name a few projects announced and then quietly cancelled.
Aside from the night parade at MK, I wouldn't bank on much of anything beside Indy as a "done deal". Disney has announced far too many things and then unceremoniously had them disappear, never to be mentioned again.
Very vague and no timeline...don't count your chickens before they hatch.
I somehow doubt this is a 2027 opening since they haven't broken ground yet. I think the Carousel will be 2027 with this coming later...

The Big Plus....These are such major announcements for WDW (with the caveat they get followed through to completion), that Universal will really have no choice but to follow through on significant new D/E attractions for Studios and IOA soon after Epic opens. This is a pure Orlando Theme Parks War, if ever there was one.