D23Expo 2018, Japan | Inside Universal Forums

D23Expo 2018, Japan

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
D23Expo will be hosting it's Japanese convention this weekend, as it's expected that new information will come out of certain elements. I will try to update this as much as possible.

Reactions: jtsalien
Supposedly Chapek will be giving updates on projects at 10:15PM EST Sunday. While I expect most of this to be about the Tokyo parks, I expect an opening date announcement for Toy Story Land at the very least for US. Still predicting 5/25.

Supposedly Chapek will be giving updates on projects at 10:15PM EST Sunday. While I expect most of this to be about the Tokyo parks, I expect an opening date announcement for Toy Story Land at the very least for US. Still predicting 5/25.

In the terms of theme parks, I think the definites are as of now just NFLJapan and Soarin DisneySea. I actually think that we could get some surprises, but that it won't directly relate to the US Parks.

As far as games go, I expect Kingdom Hearts 3 to get the works, and that with Square Enix probably going to have a large presence, a form of update on that Avengers Project announced a year back.

Reactions: tankart150 and Nick

Seeing some #sauces indicate there's going to be some big news. There's lots of smoke, hopefully there's a fire to it.

I bet we get more SWGE info, TSL opening, Epcot UK attraction announcement, another Epcot announcement, a DHS announcement, MK show venue announcement, DCA marvel land, and maybe something at DL?

Seeing some #sauces indicate there's going to be some big news. There's lots of smoke, hopefully there's a fire to it.

I bet we get more SWGE info, TSL opening, Epcot UK attraction announcement, another Epcot announcement, a DHS announcement, MK show venue announcement, DCA marvel land, and maybe something at DL?

A dumb thought, but a thought nonetheless, what if this is where they clarify what has been going around with the rumors of expansion for Tokyo Disneyland Resort? Along with TSL Opening Date, DCA Marvel Land, the Tower of Terror conversions at both Orlando and Paris, and possibly some stuff from Hong Kong, that I think could be something that could be big enough to stand as it's own.

I'm crossing my fingers that the other Epcot news may be Brazil, and not that ridiculous "Epcot World Center" talk.

I don't expect a whole lot of domestic news. I think we'll get details on Pixar Pier and opening dates for both Toy Story Land and Pixar Pier, but that's it. At most, maybe we'll get official titles and concept art for the Galaxy's Edge attractions.

That said, if we're lucky, they'll announce a big news blowout for WDW and DLR... meaning that UOR will announce something within the next week or so too.

I don't expect a whole lot of domestic news. I think we'll get details on Pixar Pier and opening dates for both Toy Story Land and Pixar Pier, but that's it. At most, maybe we'll get official titles and concept art for the Galaxy's Edge attractions.

That said, if we're lucky, they'll announce a big news blowout for WDW and DLR... meaning that UOR will announce something within the next week or so too.
UOR Who? Are they still in business?...;):lol:

Chapek goes on in about 2 hours I believe. Not sure if there will be anyway to watch it though.
If it's anything like the rest of the D23 Japan panels, we won't find anything out until afterwards, around 10:15 EST. Unless Disney themselves live-blogs the event.

As far as it goes, the Kingdom Hearts panel for instance was not recorded live, but that people in the theater could live-tweet/post as it went on.

I would expect the same, and if anything major happens; well have it spread out across an hour to two hour cycle.

Nothing outside of the RNRC retheme strikes out.
While the RNRC retheme is of the Paris version, it is telling that they are doing it. Them removing Aerosmith from Paris tells me that the ride, in it's current iteration, isn't long for this world at DHS either.