Daredevil: Born Again | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Daredevil: Born Again

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if Born again will also refer to DD villains like Bulleyes and Kingpin

Kingpin will be "blind" but use that to step out into the public for sympathy and Bulleye will dawn a costume and become who he really is

Really hoping Bulleye is back because he would make a lot of sense in the Thunderbolt movie
This will be Marvel's third crack at the Born Again storyline. They did it in the Affleck movie (would've been better if they actually took it seriously instead of ridiculous fight sequences to Evanescence...) and the third season of the Netflix show, which will be hard, if nearly impossible, to top.

I also can see the Born Again title as a double meaning seeing as this will be a second life for these actors playing these characters (of course I expect some casting to change, but the main cast I expect will be the same).

Reactions: Jerroddragon
"He adds that there is room for levity, light-heartedness, and fun over an 18-episode season"

That.....is not what I want to hear. :tired:
Watch the video. It's literally him explaining in his own words what they paraphrased. The way he talks about it, he seems to be saying that there will be moments of levity, but it wouldn't be true to the source material to make this a comedy series. He's basically saying it will be a pretty serious show overall. Even the Netflix show had its moments of levity.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Watch the video. It's literally him explaining in his own words what they paraphrased. The way he talks about it, he seems to be saying that there will be moments of levity, but it wouldn't be true to the source material to make this a comedy series. He's basically saying it will be a pretty serious show overall. Even the Netflix show had its moments of levity.
Well I understand that, but me and a LOT of other fans are scrutinizing Daredevil a lot more now that it’s unabashedly Disney. I still feel a little concerned that it will be Thor’d to a lesser degree, but I hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Well I understand that, but me and a LOT of other fans are scrutinizing Daredevil a lot more now that it’s unabashedly Disney. I still feel a little concerned that it will be Thor’d to a lesser degree, but I hope I’m wrong.

TFATWS and Moon Knight were pretty serious. Loki would have been better if it were a lot more silly. The Thor movies went goof because that’s just how Taika Waikiti works (Jojo Rabbit supposedly follows a similar style), not to mention he admitted he didn’t gave a goramm about Thor actually.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Thor has gone in the direction he has for a number of reasons, but most of all because most viewers weren't as receptive to the original iteration of Thor as they were to the one in Ragnarok. Now I think they jumped the shark with Love & Thunder, but put a super comedic director/writer in and that's gonna happen (remember, Taika wrote and directed Thor 4 whereas he only directed Ragnarok). Also, in order to keep Hemsworth on for so long, he has said he finds it refreshing playing different versions of the character, so that probably has something to do with Thor's changes as well.

Daredevil doesn't have this issue. People like him the way he was in the Netflix version so there's nothing to "fix" and Cox likes playing him the way he is, so i'm hopeful that they will stick fairly close to that in his show (i'm not going to count what we see in She-Hulk as they've already said that all cameo characters will be more comedic than usual in that show). I have no issue with sprinkles of humor as long as they do a proper Daredevil, which shouldn't be hard since there's already three seasons out there as a template for what people love.

TFATWS and Moon Knight were pretty serious. Loki would have been better if it were a lot more silly. The Thor movies went goof because that’s just how Taika Waikiti works (Jojo Rabbit supposedly follows a similar style), not to mention he admitted he didn’t gave a goramm about Thor actually.
Jojo Rabbit is a great movie. A better Taika comparison to Thor 4 would be What We Do In The Shadows or Our Flag Means Death, but those shows are way more clever at the very least. L&T was just straight goofy and filled with attempts at comedic moments that didn't land.

She Hulk, and Echo will hopefully allow fans to voice what they like and don't like about MCU Matt/Daredevil and hoping this show...is just a complete story unlike the other MCU shows....hell Secert Invasion seems like a show that is being made to tie into armor wars....I just want a full story like MCU phases 1 and 2.

She Hulk, and Echo will hopefully allow fans to voice what they like and don't like about MCU Matt/Daredevil and hoping this show...is just a complete story unlike the other MCU shows....hell Secert Invasion seems like a show that is being made to tie into armor wars....I just want a full story like MCU phases 1 and 2.

I don’t get what you mean by full story.

I don’t get what you mean by full story.
Most MCU films and shows.....kinda feel like just a part of the puzzle. Ironman one works with or without the other pieces, most films feel like the story makes no difference like how Dr Strange 2 write didn't watch Wanda Vision. Not every MCU movie is like this but many feel like they are kinda filler to just have another MCU story and to introduce a new character

Most MCU films and shows.....kinda feel like just a part of the puzzle. Ironman one works with or without the other pieces, most films feel like the story makes no difference like how Dr Strange 2 write didn't watch Wanda Vision. Not every MCU movie is like this but many feel like they are kinda filler to just have another MCU story and to introduce a new character

The MCU and writing big arcs feels like how Kingdom Hearts writes its arcs.

Unfortunately part of this is just a product of being part of a shared universe more than anything. I don't feel it as much in the films as much as the shows (where I feel it majorly). Phase Four has actually felt like a collection of stand alone films more than any other phase imo and it's the weakest phase in most people's opinion.

Think about it - Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Eternals, Thor: Love & Thunder need no prior MCU knowledge to watch and they don't connect to anything really yet aside from Yelena rising as a star in the MCU and headlining the Thunderbolts now. I could really include Multiverse of Madness as very little past knowledge is required.

No Way Home is the only film that benefitted from having an extensive amount of past knowledge given the characters from the past 20 years of Spider-Man movies that were in the movie. At the same time, it was such a fun movie that it could easily be enjoyed simply as a pure spider-man movie that had loose MCU connections.

The MCU shows are the complete opposite where all of them give us some cool building blocks, but never seem to actually end. They're just stepping stones to the next thing that the characters are doing in the Universe.

So rumor going around is that this will release in the first half of 2024 and then Spider-Man 4 will be a direct sequel to it on July 12, 2024.

It’s up to Sony to officially announce SM4 though which is why Marvel has not talked about it.

So rumor going around is that this will release in the first half of 2024 and then Spider-Man 4 will be a direct sequel to it on July 12, 2024.

It’s up to Sony to officially announce SM4 though which is why Marvel has not talked about it.
Wow, hot same this could be really good then

I wonder if Fist will be put away and the then his void will lead to a war that both Spiderman and maybe Jessica Jones will explore parts of

Wow, hot same this could be really good then

I wonder if Fist will be put away and the then his void will lead to a war that both Spiderman and maybe Jessica Jones will explore parts of
It's a rumor and I do need to stress that. Thunderbolts is currently scheduled to come out on July 26th, so that movie would have to move, but with Blade having to move to 2024, that makes four MCU movies that year and no room to push the schedule without Deadpool 3 going into 2025.

Of course there is a Marvel date set aside for July 2025 and it isn't filled yet. I was thinking Armor Wars for this spot, but it could go to Spider-Man 4.

Is She-Hulk going to be a factor in this somehow? Matt WAS invited to meet her family after all.
There's 18 episodes, i'm sure she'll be in the show at some point. At the same time, it's not her show, so whatever role she has i'd expect to be limited and maybe only the course of an episode or two. Also, Matt and Jen get around the most of all characters in Marvel Comics pretty much, so it's possible that they aren't even together as much as Friends With Benefits.

The show is titled Born Again, so the season is probably going to focus around that comic arc largely (even though we did see it adapted for Season 3 of Daredevil and Born Again was the basis for the Affleck movie, it's basically the most famous DD comic).

Reactions: pumpkinbot343