Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle (IOA) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle (IOA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not a huge fan of this one compared to Christmas

There is a fun element to some of the scary things in the Wizarding World (i.e. Ron's reaction to the spiders)...It just didn't hit me as fun, but rather depressing...I get that it's a Dark Arts show and therefore dark, but it just seemed a bit bleak

idk, maybe I'm crazy

Reactions: therock
Should we assume no drones because of Turkey Lake road and their own resorts? I thought it might be possible that they could have launched from on top of Cabana but even the neighborhoods next door might be an issue.

Thinking out loud as ever...

Last edited:
I don’t see why they can’t launch from on top of the show building, the FJ maintenance building, or the JP Discovery Center. Just put a net over a portion of the JP pathway.

Can anyone ask Aiello about it in a future interview or something? @Brian G.

I don’t see why they can’t launch from on top of the show building, the FJ maintenance building, or the JP Discovery Center. Just put a net over a portion of the JP pathway.

No sense in asking him now. He's not with Entertainment anymore.

Reactions: WAJAS
So the online schedule says that the one day we can see it, 9/24, dark arts starts at 8 and every 20 minutes after.

But the IOA online calendar says that on 9/24 IOA closes at 8.

Both these factoids were from the mobile site, not desktop.

What’s the truth?

My thought is Turkey Lake Road and the close proximity to the neighborhood.

For reference, they had to shut down parts of the street for the grand opening fireworks for the Wizarding World.

The new JP coaster will make it even tougher for them to launch from a specific point.

I saw the show last night, the projections are pretty impressive but don't stand well on their own without the missing effects like the flames and most importantly, the drones. The patronus drone effect I saw in Hollywood's show makes the show a must-see just because of that, imo. Looked jaw-dropping and larger-than life, at least from video. Really hoping they can add this eventually. As a side-note, the death eaters add a cool element to Hogsmeade and are really fun to watch.

A fun "double double toil and trouble" segment with some candy corn, pumpkins and zonko skulls would have been a nice break from all the dark stuff...I don't know, it seems we're missing a fun element

I hope they update the Show Times soon. We arrive late night Saturday 9/28 and will be in the parks until 10/2. Showtimes currently posted through 9/28 only. :yawn:

Reactions: DannyPowers
I hope they update the Show Times soon. We arrive late night Saturday 9/28 and will be in the parks until 10/2. Showtimes currently posted through 9/28 only. :yawn:

Yeah UOR is not great at updating their show times. I think they'll update later this week.

Yeah UOR is not great at updating their show times. I think they'll update later this week.

The schedule says the show will be at 8:30 tomorrow (9/24) but the online calendar also says IOA closes at 8 on 9/24.

What’s the truth?

Edit: answered my own question in the park. Park closes at 8 and they do the light show last thing before kicking everyone out, but it may indeed be later than 8. Best partial answer I could get from guest services and hogsmead workers.

Waiting on death eaters right now.

Edit2: from a park worker- they are now doing the light show at 8 and 8:20. Started tonight. I don’t know if it’s true because we left after the 8:00 show.

Last edited:
Reactions: therock
I forgot to leave a review of this after I saw it the 2nd night it opened (skipped opening on Saturday and saw Sunday the 15th).

Show was meh. Audio and sound was great, always awesome hearing Dumbledore. But the projections were just alright. The lighting up of the trees was charming but all in all, this show isn't a must-see.

The Deatheaters were pretty cool, though. My oldest (10) was in Griffyndor gear and my youngest (6) who is a bit of an a-hole was (fittingly) in slytherin. To prove just how slytherin she is, when she was 5 she picked out two different wands- belatrix and a deatheaters. I said no to both and said find something else, and she picked Voldemorts. So....

Anyway, they were great to her being in Slytherin. Kept motioning to get pics with them and always gave her a nod of approval. My oldest, on the other hand, would get a full lookover and they'd turn their back to her and not take any pics. Pretty fun overall.

OZEzwgw.jpg
irbo7dR.jpg

I forgot to leave a review of this after I saw it the 2nd night it opened (skipped opening on Saturday and saw Sunday the 15th).

Show was meh. Audio and sound was great, always awesome hearing Dumbledore. But the projections were just alright. The lighting up of the trees was charming but all in all, this show isn't a must-see.

The Deatheaters were pretty cool, though. My oldest (10) was in Griffyndor gear and my youngest (6) who is a bit of an a-hole was (fittingly) in slytherin. To prove just how slytherin she is, when she was 5 she picked out two different wands- belatrix and a deatheaters. I said no to both and said find something else, and she picked Voldemorts. So....

Anyway, they were great to her being in Slytherin. Kept motioning to get pics with them and always gave her a nod of approval. My oldest, on the other hand, would get a full lookover and they'd turn their back to her and not take any pics. Pretty fun overall.

OZEzwgw.jpg
irbo7dR.jpg
Thanks for the in depth review. I had been trying to decide whether to make a trip down from WDW on it's last night in November since I won't be staying at Universal until the following week. Your review saves me a trip, since it doesn't seem strong enough to warrant a special trip down. I'll watch the new Epcot show instead, since I'll be at WDW.