Dark Universe (Epic Universe) | Inside Universal Forums

Dark Universe (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This land looks so epic... :cool:
image.png

image.png

image.png

Not sure why but I was surprised they emphasized the "horror" of this land. I mean, obviously its Universal Monsters and that's the genre, but I was surprised they just flat our said it.
Same for me. I know they won't go full-bore scary, but I'm surprised that they seem to be embracing the horror.

I’m admittedly not as shocked they’re embracing it. It’s a core and vital reason why they are iconic to begin with; and it makes sense that they’d want to dive in as much as they could that doesn’t become like you are in HHN.

Also, I wonder who did the Monsters designs here; if it was Crash McCreary again or not.

Looks great. I’m surprised they went with “it’s alive” as the portal inscription instead of “a new world of gods and monsters” which seems absolutely perfect.

The monster designs are strong, although a big part of me wishes they were more clearly Boris and Bela. I understand why they aren’t, of course.

Let’s get that Creature expansion going!

Reactions: grlhowl and Nico
Same for me. I know they won't go full-bore scary, but I'm surprised that they seem to be embracing the horror.
There's a line between horror and terror where HHN leans more heavily on the latter.

I think this land will be more atmospheric in its sense of foreboding than in-your-face scary like you'd find at HHN. I'm sure a handful guests might shy away from the area but it'll be approachable by most. I like that the muted atmosphere here will be very different than what you'd find in the other lands. Everything else is naturally cheery in comparison.

Looks great. I’m surprised they went with “it’s alive” as the portal inscription instead of “a new world of gods and monsters” which seems absolutely perfect.
Out of everything known so far some of those entry inscriptions feel weakest. But if that's my only "complaint" I have about the park so far (other than it's not open yet lol) I'll take it!