Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

DCA 1.0 Memorial Thread

It was interesting reading Twitter yesterday and seeing people's memories of DCA on its 20th anniversary. I went for the first time in 2003 and thought it was a nice park-- not up to the standards of Disneyland, but if the idea was to build a Six Flags Over California it succeeded.

It was interesting reading Twitter yesterday and seeing people's memories of DCA on its 20th anniversary. I went for the first time in 2003 and thought it was a nice park-- not up to the standards of Disneyland, but if the idea was to build a Six Flags Over California it succeeded.
Did it? Besides Screamin it also didn't have many thrill rides.

I liked DCA when it came out for what it was...but really besides an added day for an AP or something to do in the Afternoon when Disneyland was busy it didn't have much for anyone.

DCA to me was perfect after they added Cars and WOC. Everything worked

I hope the new Marvel Stuff works but until later this year we wont really know.

It was just like Six Flags-- roller coaster, rapids ride, and a bunch of off the shelf and minimally themed flat rides (S&S tower, ferris wheel, swings, wild mouse, balloon race, carousel) and carnival games.

It was just like Six Flags-- roller coaster, rapids ride, and a bunch of off the shelf and minimally themed flat rides (S&S tower, ferris wheel, swings, wild mouse, balloon race, carousel) and carnival games.
SixFlags has more rides and, specifically, more unique rides than most of what DCA 1.0 had.

Yes, but my point was also the theme of DCA was essentially themed like the Six Flags parks were originally themed and used off the shelf (non-Disney) attractions. Six Flags didn't all start out with an arsenal of large roller coasters-- most had one roller coaster and a bunch of flats when they opened.

DCA 1.0 was Disney's Berry Mountain Studios Park. Take the California centric vibe of Knott's, the thrills from Magic Mountain, and some studios stuff from Universal. Then slather it in value engineered Disney Magic©.

Yes, but my point was also the theme of DCA was essentially themed like the Six Flags parks were originally themed and used off the shelf (non-Disney) attractions. Six Flags didn't all start out with an arsenal of large roller coasters-- most had one roller coaster and a bunch of flats when they opened.
Totally agree! Something like their original parks they built back in the day, not what they are known for now.