Deep Inside, Who Wants The Back To The Future Ride at Universal Again? :/ | Inside Universal Forums

Deep Inside, Who Wants The Back To The Future Ride at Universal Again? :/

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think I can speak for myself, as well as everyone on this site, as well as AT LEAST 90% of the theme park community when I say I'd love BTTF The Ride back. I have such fond memories, and it was such a phenomenal ride. I was a mess when it closed, and I'm proud to have been in the final group of riders. Simpsons screams CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP to me, from the ride film, to the way the Simpsons themeing was cheaply slapped onto the IFT building. A BTTF Tribute Ride in 2015, kinda how Captain EO was brought back. Probably close to impossible, but bottom line is: to this day, i miss the ride so much, it was amazing, and an epitome of what Universal stood for.

Reactions: steve
I'd love to see it make a return. Redo the queue video and change some of the dates and there ya go. I actually enjoyed SImpsons more than I thought I would at first, but I haven't bothered going on it my last couple trips to the park. BTTF was always a must.

Reactions: alexvstorace
^ yup! Everyone i know, theme park fans or not, always made BTTF a must do. I can write an essay of why it's a superior ride and why it in general was amazing. It wasn't "digital 4k" or whatever, but you felt like you were flying through a REAL environment. Flying through a cartoon space just...can't be as realistic. Also, it was an adventure! With some danger. As an actor, i know that comedy has to be REALLY good to be funny a second time, and the Simpsons ride comedy is so cheesy and painful after a while. Also, the ride building, for the most part, actually fit as an "Institute of Future Technology" and looked like it! And we got to RIDE in a frikin DeLorean! It just...gahhh...was amazing. And that icon music....i miss it

Reactions: alexvstorace
2015 is coming up very quickly. That would be such a great time to bring back BTTF. Oh, I don't know if you saw it already, but Westcoaster posted an update. They spotted some marking around the Simpsons Ride. I don't know if this means anything.

^ I haven't seen the update yet, but if I had to be a Debby Downer and put money on the markings, I'd say it has to do with maybe installing more Carnival Games or maybe some more Springfield related expansion like in Florida...

I really would prefer a Back to the Future attraction, but I think its time has come.

The franchise isn't as relevant as it was in the past, and it's not Universal's nature to refresh something very often. King Kong is the obvious exception, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I really would prefer a Back to the Future attraction, but I think its time has come.

The franchise isn't as relevant as it was in the past, and it's not Universal's nature to refresh something very often. King Kong is the obvious exception, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
And even then, if old Kong hadn't burned down they wouldn't have updated him either. It took a park disaster to get them to redo it.

Screamscape is now reporting our own mini Springfield expansion. I hope not, I will cry if Doc's Chicken leaves. But I will understand why it comes. Except for the fact that I feel that the Simpsons ride isn't as popular as it is in Florida, so i'd hate for them to lock in on this franchise on our coast

http://www.facebook.com/BackToTheFutureRide2015

If enough people show their support, it CAN be done.  In my eye, that park is losing all the movie magic that they once promoted, and turning into a cheap free for all.  It will be the next Alton Towers if they aren't careful..

A new BTTF ride in 2015 with futuristic hoverboarding and Delorean flying combined in the style of Spiderman Ride, would blow people away and restore faith in their brand.  Not to mention it's probably their most beloved trilogy of all time so would make them insane revenue.

^Well, we already have Transformers, so I think that would be a tad redundant to have it the same technology.

Just something to bring up. We have heard the rumor that Universal wants to add an attraction every year leading up to Potter. Well, here's the timeline that we know of as of now:

2013: Universal Plaza/New show???

2014: Despicable Me and maybe Jurassic Park update

2015: -------------

2016: Harry Potter

I have heard rumors of Simpsons leaving from a few of the ride employees. 2015 could use a new attraction to fill that gap before Potter. Under Comcast, I think there's hope this could happen. The only unfortunate thing about this is that we will be getting nothing but motion simulators throughout this timeline.

The notion of the Simpsons is leaving seems odd at best. Given how committed they are to the franchise in Florida, I don't think management is looking to change the ride in Florida or Hollywood anytime soon.

Reactions: BehindTheTheme
I agree with Jon I don't see simpsons going anywhere and to be quite frank I don't feel it is a prime attraction especially here in FL, queues on a busy day only range from 10-20 min max. So in my opinion I feel like universal already invested their money in a mediocre ride and at this point its to late to pull the plug so the next best thing is to renevate with hopes to spruce up some interest.

What makes The Simpsons complete crap is that you can TELL it's an overlay over BTTF. I've seen new riders who never went on BTTF that could tell that the ride replaced something before. I butted in and told them "BTTF....it was amazing" They said "wow must've been so exciting! ".

I don't see it leaving, but I can tell you this: as soon as Universal thinks of a property that'll be more profitable and lasting, they'll replace it ASAP. I actually think Minion Mayhem would've made a nice replacement to Simpsons.