Design-A-HHN Event | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Design-A-HHN Event

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Recently gave one of my house ideas a vast update for more details, additions, and better quality of writing for my Jungles of Fear themed event of HHN to emphasize the icon backstory more clearly and deeply. I’m working on a 13th house concept right now. Though it’s ridiculously way too much for Universal to do in reality, but I wanna make sure the variety is there with every bit in it as I could for everyone to enjoy.

Recently got my newest house concept done for the Jungles of Fear themed event that I’m really proud of after all the hard work. This is my take of doing a Caveman house that represents many different eras of the Stone Age and all kinds of the Homo human species with the inclusion of some extinct animals. I hope you guys enjoy this piece of mine.

Just gave one of my house concepts a vast update for more details, additions, and better quality of writing. This is also the comedy house for my HHN themed event, Jungles of Fear that revolves around the Kremlings from the Donkey Kong Country series. Next, I’ll make one more house to complete the total, then update a couple of more houses, and finally complete the event concept.

My newest house concept is now done, completing the total for the Jungles of Fear themed event. This is my take of doing something that is not only Sea-related but also doing it better than Depths of Fear at 29 with some surprises and callbacks. Soon, I’ll be giving a couple of old houses some vast updates, then add some more touches here and there, and it’ll be done enough for everyone to experience. If I can get my second themed event done before Christmas Eve at the soonest or earlier, I can take a good break for all the hard work until the Holiday is over on January to start the next HHN event concept.

Just gave my take of a Tarzan house concept a vast update for more details, additions, and better quality of writing. Got one more concept and maybe some things here and there to amp up for my HHN: Jungles of Fear event before it’s done enough to be ready.

Finally completed the house concept update on my take of Yeti, I’ll see if there’s any bits left to sprinkle in, and it’ll be done enough to show y’all my HHN: Jungles of Fear themed event doc work on November 5th 2AM on Eastern time after the Orlando event ends.

Hey everyone!

After MONTHS of researching, writing, experimenting, adding, constructing, editing, updating, improving, layering, and whatever I was doing with my second themed event concept of Halloween Horror Nights to capture the essence and bring a breath of fresh air at my best effort as fan content while I was simultaneously breaking the cliches and embracing the tropes of the horror genre, I can finally say that it looks done enough to show y’all this big package called Jungles of Fear. It’s something I was working on before one of this year’s scare-zones was announced, and I probably started it around maybe late January or early February at the earliest. I even included some writer’s notes to avoid not only some questions, but also to make sure no one gets confused and to prevent any confrontations and negative bad behaviors for some good discussions about this.

I took a step further on the aesthetic inspired by not only some of the fan demands and suggestions on Discord and elsewhere who wanted to see more of it aesthetically, but also the myths, the folktales, the movies, the cryptids, literature, some random stuff, original thoughts, previously done houses and zones that goes well with certain vibes to fit this, and most occasionally video games with the total of 14 houses, 10 original music compositions, 7 exclusive themed costumes as merchandise, 6 zones, 6 food booths, 5 roaming hordes, 5 rides, 2 shows, 2 overlay experiences, one tribute store, and one icon character for one big firing event.

I know what you’re thinking, the totals are ridiculously too massive, and there’s no way they could do that in reality, especially with today’s level of crowds, which I get it a hundred percent, but I wanted to make sure the variety is there, so it can be immersive and not too repetitive while keeping the icon aspects as the most represented part of it other than doing a cohesive take. Creatively, I wasn’t overthinking too much, and virtually everything is the same in terms of theming, but they’re all unique in terms of occurrence, style and setting. If this were to happen now in most fashion, it would be a big creative risk to take.

As for the event icon for this, I didn’t create a new character from scratch nor did I felt the need to and instead pulled out one from the public domain for a horror treatment and a redo that has the creative potential as its own version(s). It’s obvious, but it thematically makes sense and since some of you guys read much of my haunted house concepts here on this site, I went with Mowgli from the Jungle Book to play the icon role for this, and this particular character is a fitting choice for this concept than what anybody would think more so than say Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz or Snow White while leaning on the original stories by Rudyard Kipling than the Disney adaptations and taking inspirations from the Hindu lore and the Indian culture for an authentic touch in a fictional way. At Orlando, Universal had used a public domain character before to be on the top figure statues with the famous Urban Legend Bloody Mary, which was the inspiration of my decision. Unfortunately, they can’t reuse her again at some point in the future for some weird copyright reason, so I thought to myself “What if they went with an alternative instead to represent the PD category?”

Got several more themed concepts that I could try in the next few years. I wanna try out many different music-related concepts along with the Slasher Horror sub-genre, and I also want to take a step further in Japan and India, since they’re the most represented countries in my own work of material. Could I use another character from the public domain as an icon? Maybe so, but it depends which one would work well for another overall theme like let’s say if I made my own version of Mulan for a horror treatment and everything is related to China and Hercules for a Greek themed event as another example. But in the meantime, I’ll be taking a break for the most part until Christmas is officially over in January. I hope you guys enjoyed my newest HHN themed event concept of mine, thank you so much for having the time to read this, and lemme know your thoughts. Tell me your favorites, what do you like about this idea, your questions that I could answer for y’all, and what I need to improve with this. The event may be over until next year, but with this on paper, I can officially start the opening that goes on everyday for you to read at any time you’re in and anywhere you’re at.

I now welcome you to Halloween Horror Nights: Jungles of Fear!

*Cuts the ribbon with a giant scissor*

Happy Haunts!

Last edited:
I was able to give my very first music house concept a vast update for more details, additions, and better quality of writing right before Thanksgiving kick in. The reason for this was for me to get ready for the next event themed concept I’ll work on next year after Christmas called Face The Music with a Conductor as an icon, which I’ve already thought of a full name for him. His backstory will be first for this, then I’ll make some new zones and houses with the best variety I could branch out while I’ll still give some old concepts a vast update.

This marks the beginning of me making my next themed event concept of Halloween Horror Nights called Face The Music. Unlike the last two, I created a new character from scratch rather than using any existing characters as an icon who is an undead conductor, composer, and a victim of the infamous 27 curse - the cause of the death is not what you think it is - named Adam Williams whose surname is a nod to the legendary film composer John Williams with his own powers and abilities while using his baton as a weapon to cause terror. I think you’ll be impressed with the character’s backstory I’ve written, and there are some surprises I don’t wanna say too much cause I want y’all to read then react. Hope you guys enjoy what this looks like so far!

Last edited:
Just got my newest haunted house concept done! As someone who is from the state of Louisiana, this is my take of doing a New Orleans themed house with Jazz and Voodoo that takes place during the Roaring Twenties. I was really going all out on this, and it’s probably my most personal concept in a regional sense. I hope you guys enjoy this newest piece of mine. Next I’m gonna give my Willy Wonka idea a vast update for more details, additions, and better quality of writing. All Jazzed Up

I guess this is the best thread to put this, but inspired by the 33 spec thread, what's the scariest idea for a house you could think of (serious answers only)?

I would say giant spiders, possibly a lab setting. Unlike Eaten Alive this would be played completely straight. Start out with lots of gore showing how deadly the spiders are. Proceed to be hunted by a mix of actors in masks like these with the finale being a barrage of sensory effects--water, binaural sound (think Graveyard Games/Hill House), and air blasts.

This idea would work perfectly for a conga line, as being in a crowd of people wouldn't make it much less scary.

I guess this is the best thread to put this, but inspired by the 33 spec thread, what's the scariest idea for a house you could think of (serious answers only)?

I would say giant spiders, possibly a lab setting. Unlike Eaten Alive this would be played completely straight. Start out with lots of gore showing how deadly the spiders are. Proceed to be hunted by a mix of actors in masks like these with the finale being a barrage of sensory effects--water, binaural sound (think Graveyard Games/Hill House), and air blasts.

This idea would work perfectly for a conga line, as being in a crowd of people wouldn't make it much less scary.
I have a concept called “Gardens of Mourning” where you’re going through a memorial garden and each scene is based on a memorialized individual in the garden. So each scene an expansion of realistic, tragic deaths: car accident, cancer/disease, drowning, etc.

I don't know if you went trough Dead End in 2012, but the spinning tunnel and scrim effect combo always blew me away.

So I think one of the scariest concepts would be to take it a step further, and portray the "living" realm and "hell" simultaneously. On the surface, you're walking through something like Dead End / Wyandot Estate, a haunted mansion with a lot of moving parts, but there's no visible actors causing the carnage, but plenty of corpses. Every 10 seconds or so, the lighting flickers and changes, and now all that is visible is the sets BEHIND the scrims, a bloody and terrifying version of hell that shows the souls of those corpses being tortured in graphic ways, before switching back to the comparatively quiet haunted mansion.

Progressively, scenes start to feature tears where Hell is literally spilling into the real world, and the finale is us walking out the front door of the mansion to see that Hell has consumed the world. No music, no effects, just piles upon piles of dead, eviscerated bodies, the faint sound and scent of burning as we trek through a maze of lifelessness before exiting. It's a long scene, long enough to hammer home that everything bad has won, for good- almost like the ending of some "elevated" slow-burn horror movie where it's just...so morbid and so much to comprehend. Jump scare endings are way overrated IMO.

It would be incredibly expensive and tricky to pull off, but I hope before I leave this earth I can gain the skills to at least attempt it.

I don't know if you went trough Dead End in 2012, but the spinning tunnel and scrim effect combo always blew me away.

So I think one of the scariest concepts would be to take it a step further, and portray the "living" realm and "hell" simultaneously. On the surface, you're walking through something like Dead End / Wyandot Estate, a haunted mansion with a lot of moving parts, but there's no visible actors causing the carnage, but plenty of corpses. Every 10 seconds or so, the lighting flickers and changes, and now all that is visible is the sets BEHIND the scrims, a bloody and terrifying version of hell that shows the souls of those corpses being tortured in graphic ways, before switching back to the comparatively quiet haunted mansion.

Progressively, scenes start to feature tears where Hell is literally spilling into the real world, and the finale is us walking out the front door of the mansion to see that Hell has consumed the world. No music, no effects, just piles upon piles of dead, eviscerated bodies, the faint sound and scent of burning as we trek through a maze of lifelessness before exiting. It's a long scene, long enough to hammer home that everything bad has won, for good- almost like the ending of some "elevated" slow-burn horror movie where it's just...so morbid and so much to comprehend. Jump scare endings are way overrated IMO.

It would be incredibly expensive and tricky to pull off, but I hope before I leave this earth I can gain the skills to at least attempt it.

I didn't, but heard good things. I completely agree that relying on jump scares just doesn't work for a conga line.

Your idea reminds me of this concept from back in the day (IDK if the poster, Cody, is still active, but if he is, I like!):

Terror In Shadows
Are you afraid of the dark? You will be after experiencing what lurks in the shadowy corners of your very own home.

Facade: The entrance to Tent 1 is set up to resemble the facade of a tall suburban house, the kind of cookie cutter two-story you'd see the classic modern suburbanite living in as they pay off their mortgage. Unusually, there's nothing strange about the facade. Everything looks completely normal.

Living room: As you walk through the living room, very little seems amiss. The father sits in his recliner, calmly reading the paper. A grandfather clock chimes midnight every 30 seconds. The lighting design makes strange shadowed corners that you should be able to see into but are almost impenetrable, especially with the lights shining directly on you. Suddenly, a strobe flashes bright blue in each shadow, revealing a terrible black monster with sharp teeth and claws and black pits for eyes staring right at you. The father fails to acknowledge anything, even your intrusion.

Dining room: The dining room is empty, all the places neatly set up for dinner. As you pass by the chandelier hanging over the table, it flashes with hidden ultraviolet strobes that illuminate yellow and green illustrations of decapitated bodies along the tablecloth, revealing images of blood spattering the walls and impressions of severed heads sitting neatly on each plate. It only flashes for an instant, long enough to see a glimpse of what is visible throughout the room.

Kitchen: The mother stands at the stove, endlessly stirring a pot of stew on the burner. As she turns to smile and say some kind words, another ultraviolet strobe flashes, showing the skull underneath. Passing a shadowed hallway too dark to see, ultraviolet light flashes rapidly, revealing a skeletal being running straight toward you as the sounds of shattering china echo throughout the room.

Hallway: A dark hallway with almost no light to provide a path through. Strobes revealed ghostly, skeletal figures moving behind the walls (scrim with backlight) As you pass by an open door that looks out into darkness, a bright strobe reveals one of the monsters from the living room, quickly providing a glimpse at the monster mere inches away and killing your night vision.

Bedroom: Walking past the parents' bed, every corner seems to be basked in shadow. Suddenly one of the dark monsters bursts from the darkness itself (unlit boohole hidden in wall) into the light, swiping at the line and disappearing back into the blackness.

Kid's room: The room of their son is decorated with posters of kid's movies, superheroes, and popular action figures. Each poster is well-lit, with blacklight strobes flashing to reveal photos of corpses, executions, and monsters hidden beneath the surface. The bed is strangely empty..........when suddenly a completely black human figure, the apparent embodiment of darkness itself, raises out from a hole hidden in the covers.

Closet: With nowhere else to go, you're forced to enter the closet. White mattresses and sharp, flashing strobes create a path into the next part of the house.

Alternate kid's room: You appear to have entered an almost mirror image of the house, though all of the terrible sights you had seen previously are now visible permanently. Leaving the closet to re-enter their son's room, all of the posters have been replaced with their grotesque forms. The action figures and toys are now jars of blood, organs, and body parts held up by metal rods to create grisly statues. The lights are now purple, blue, and red and change color almost randomly. The covers on the bed are tousled, with no black figure in sight. Suddenly he appears from a boohole hidden in the wall that you had failed to notice.

Alternate bedroom: The mutilated, decapitated corpses of the parents lie in the bed, blood splattered across every conceivable surface. Dark monsters appear from hidden booholes, all separate from the shadows they once lurked in.

Alternate hallway: The walls are no longer flashing transparent, but instead the skeletal figures reach through tears in the wallpaper as blacklight strobes go off around you. Near the exit of the room one of them completely tears through and roars menacingly.

Alternate kitchen: The dark hallway you had passed before has body parts and torsos strung up on wire and hanging thick enough to block your vision, allowing the skeletal monster from before to burst through them under a constant blacklight. The mother, dressed the same but now with a slit throat and an exposed ribcage, turns from the stew pot and threatens you with a kitchen knife.

Alternate dining room: Decapitated corpses, too mutilated to recognize, sit in the center of the table. Their heads are neatly placed on each plate, while the walls are covered in blood spatter. More skeletal and dark monsters burst from booholes in the walls all along the path .

Alternate living room: Though dark monsters lurk throughout the living room, the father is nowhere to be seen. With a roar of a chainsaw he appears, glasses askew and covered in blood and gore, from a hidden boohole, chasing you to the front door.

Hell's waiting room: As you exit the house you find yourself in a dark corridor of white tile covered in blood and mold. Two booholes slide open, allowing for blood-soaked monsters that roughly look like masses of gory flesh with teeth and limbs to reach out to try and take a bite out of you.

Darkness: The tent exit is visible, giving you a chance to breath a sigh of relief as you walk through the small, unlit room to the outside. Suddenly a sound reminiscent of screeching violins pierces your ears and blacklight strobes rapidly flash, revealing more of the skeletal monsters on all sides to chase you out.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Just got another new house concept done that took me more than a week, which is also music-related and this was one of the most requested ideas from readers on Discord. Just like what I did with Nine Inch Nails’ The Downward, I also gave My Chemical Romance’s The Black Parade a house treatment that is lyrically about death and the reflection of life. I was inspired by one interpretation that was written by one fan on Reddit at the band’s official page, which made it more easier for me to adapt, translate, re-listen to the music, and understand the lyrics more with a bit of my own take to offer a unique experience done by a fan like myself for an offering that will blow y’all away. This isn’t like any other concepts I had done before, but man I am so proud of myself for all the hard work, effort, and inspiration. I hope you guys enjoy my newest piece!

Reactions: Galactus
At last! My arm is complete again! This is my very first take of doing a haunted house concept that is both based on a musical play and a movie. Sweeney Todd is another piece I’m proud of writing; I was taking all the theatrical stuff to my highest level and it even brought me to another area.

As for what else I was doing before that, I also vastly updated my scarezone-turned-into-a house concept of Anarch-Cade: The Game-Hem for more details, additions, and better quality of writing! It’s my take of doing a video game themed concept and my first Carey house idea.

I hope you guys enjoy them!

Last edited:
Don’t know if I could spin my own thread on this, so I’m writing it here.

For fans of HHN; what if you had the chance to do a “Final Mix” of a year you attended or a year you would have loved to attend? What would you do?