Designing Islands of Adventure | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Designing Islands of Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The original LC holds a very special place in my childhood, I remember the first time I ever saw the facade for Poseidon's Fury as well as The Enchanted Oak. Back then you had that wonderful actor who played Merlin and the area was so magical. Sigh. I love the WWoHP so much but sometimes I miss the old times.

Apparently the Enchanted Oak Tavern was part of their original plans

jWuumdMGgBbeN.jpg

It is also obvious why the talks for rights took so long. Uni first tried to sell as little as possible to them.

Interesting that most people are starting to feel safe releasing some of the original artworks. :look: I wish I could post some videos of some of the original movie props that were sent to Florida and beyond to be recreated. Watching design geeks goof off with them is truly hysterical.

Can anyone tell me what the hell that Mayan/Aztec pyramid is in the background?

Yep... Uni was trying to sell them idea for 'Harry Potter and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'. For some reason, WB didn't buy it. :shrug: (god I hate it when people post this emoticon, I just posted it as an actor playing dumb and vague)

It would have been great to see the Oak stay...otherwise this is a total flop..glad Uni did their homework and came back with something better

Yep... Uni was trying to sell them idea for 'Harry Potter and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'. For some reason, WB didn't buy it. :shrug: (god I hate it when people post this emoticon, I just posted it as an actor playing dumb and vague)

Lol! But seriously, what is that? I can understand if it was already there and you were just trying to force a theme over it, like the Oak, but why on earth would you ADD something that didn't fit and make it even more awkward?

A lot of atmosphere about that concept art just screms the emotion of the Fantasyland Expansion to me. Where everything was familiar but cheaply as possible added over. Many things in that look fun, but not immersion. Just new elements over the familiar and taking away a lot of what was great about those areas in the first place.

I am glad the change that happened did, and this is coming from someone who really loved the way Dueling Dragons was before as well as the Enchanted Oak, ceiling and all.

It literally would have been Harry Potter and the Lost Continent. I honestly wouldn't have minded it but seeing what we have now, the current land is a lot better.

Would have ruined both IMO. Lost Continent would have still felt different enough to have felt like a loss, and the HP part wouldn't have been good enough to answer for it. I miss LC but at least WWHP is very good in itself.