Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

DHS Third Expansion

Galaxy's Edge should have an expansion plot already in place if they do an expansion of the upcoming DHS land.

As for IJA to Dinosaur, I would imagine they couldn't do much due to the showbuilding's infrastructure. Re-theme it, yes; and I would imagine the queue would be where all of the major changes would occur.

As for the EMV system, I believe that the manufacturer responsible for it has stopped making that type of a ride system, so it would be doubtful.

The closest thing to perhaps something newer is like Test Track at Epcot or Radiator Springs Racers in California. But even those don't have the motion base of what is used for Indiana Jones Adventure at DL in Cali and TDS (and Dinosaur at DAK).

The system that Disney are using now is the trackless vehicle used in Ratatouille and Mystic Manor. Cars Land would be awesome but it's more of the same as Test Track. It's also the same problem putting the Indy ride into DHS as long as Dinosaur still exists. I'd like to see more Pixar in the parks before they decide to replace a popular area in WDW with the theme. I'd put Monsters Inc in the area between TSL and RnRC though as I see a huge show building and it's easier to hide back there. I forget who, but somebody suggested putting an Incredibles land in the currently discussed area which I think has huge potential and there's a sequel coming.

I also like the idea of a water ride for the sake of variety.

The Incredibles, Zootopia, Monster Inc., and...

Cars are all in play in pitches for that plot in one way or another.

To also say something,

Incredibles if I am not mistaken, was originally concepted by disney to use the Kuka Arm-Bench technology you see today on Forbidden Journey. But, Universal got it over Disney; and I believe they went to Cars for DCA.

Zootopia, I believe you mentioned of them toying with the idea of a rebranding of Star Tours to incorporate it, so it could be possible. But I would hesitate.

Monster's Inc, we all know that.

Cars, I believe it may of been Jim Hill; but he mentioned of it being an indoor land, with it being based off of Cars 2 more than anything else.

Either way, it's something to look at. I would rather want to see them do Pirates in the place of Echo/IJA to be blunt with you though.

To also say something,

Incredibles if I am not mistaken, was originally concepted by disney to use the Kuka Arm-Bench technology you see today on Forbidden Journey. But, Universal got it over Disney; and I believe they went to Cars for DCA.

Zootopia, I believe you mentioned of them toying with the idea of a rebranding of Star Tours to incorporate it, so it could be possible. But I would hesitate.

Monster's Inc, we all know that.

Cars, I believe it may of been Jim Hill; but he mentioned of it being an indoor land, with it being based off of Cars 2 more than anything else.

Either way, it's something to look at. I would rather want to see them do Pirates in the place of Echo/IJA to be blunt with you though.
I want to see the PotC:BFtST ride tech in Orlando, but I am bored to the point of annoyed with "Captain Jack" and his squad.

I want to see the PotC:BFtST ride tech in Orlando, but I am bored to the point of annoyed with "Captain Jack" and his squad.

Oh as is the same, but I think BFtST is a groundbreaking attraction on it's own merits, regardless of theme.

I am surprised more though that they aren't considering just to do something completely original with DHS. No IP wouldn't hurt them, especially if they would want to do something like Mystic Manor for Orlando..

Oh as is the same, but I think BFtST is a groundbreaking attraction on it's own merits, regardless of theme.

I am surprised more though that they aren't considering just to do something completely original with DHS. No IP wouldn't hurt them, especially if they would want to do something like Mystic Manor for Orlando..
The days of non-IP big budget E Tickets are over. It is interesting that Disney invented cross platform promotion, commonly called synergy. But it took Universal to show them how to properly monetize an IP.

Nothing is green lit and there are lots of competing concepts. First, PotC:BftST is the first ride tech in a long time that TDO has said, "Oooooo, I want that!". I have heard 2 different rumors about bringing that ride tech to WDW and both involve Indy.

The first rumor I heard was the boat ride replacing the stunt show and the area being rethemed to an Indy land that would include the Raging Spirits coaster from Japan replacing Star Tours. And Backlot Express becoming a Outpost themed QS and the area would include another "Indy" themed bar similar to The Hanger.

The second rumor I heard is Dinoland becomes South America with scattered animal exhibits. A new take on the IJA replacing Dinosaur. Raging Spirits replacing Dinorama. And the boat ride replacing Nemo. It is an Amazon River attraction with live animals at the beginning then enter the show building which is an adventure to Coronado: The Lost City of Gold. The Amazon River ride would not be an Indy ride. Restaurantasaurus becomes an Outpost QS. And of course a "Hanger" type bar, Jock wasn't mentioned, but it being the defacto headquarters of S.E.A. was. This South America land rumor even goes as far as to include an adventures club-esque hotel similar to the Star Wars thing.

If the Indy IP moves to DAK, and Star Tours is axed. That frees up huge chunk of land in DHS. Echo Lake, the Sounds Dangerous building, Star Tours, Backlot Express, and Indy. And that's where the plan ends. "Yeah, big chuck of land, great, and.....". No clue what they want to do with it. Not me, them. They don't have a plan for it yet. Not even any solid pitches.

TDO and Burbank actually like the DAK plan for multiple reasons.

1. Overlaying Dinosaur would be an extremely cost effective way to bring in a new E Ticket.

2. Dinosaurs GSAT are middle of the road. "Meh", "Too Scary", "What dinosaur ride?" Being the most common comments. Apparently a surprisingly large number of guests never even realize it's there.

3. They could do the South America land in phases. Redo the land with Indy, Raging Spirits, the animal exhibits, and Food/Beverage/Merch. Leaving the Nemo replacement until phase 2.

4. Frees up a lot of contiguous acreage in DHS.

Lots of juicy details to chew over here.

• I really like the SA idea, Amazon boat ride could be awesome
  • I'd prefer indy to stay at DHS but as a fully fledged land. getting rid of the show would free up a chunk of land (as DH suggested) (@scott_walker;) ) and it can't be cheap to run, insurance for this thing must be through the roof.
  • I just don't see Indy as a good fit for AK, so TDO will probably go this route ;)
  • Dinoland plus Nemo is a huge chunk of land (@scott_walker ;))
  • Although I really dislike the whole Dinoland area and do want to see it replaced I would like to see the expansion pad at the rear of the park used first. was that slated for an Australia expansion at one point?
  • Disney fans would :poop: themselves over an adventurers club hotel.
Some great info @Disneyhead and I only cherry picked a few pieces to discuss.

For any new readers or anyone not familiar, @Disneyhead has some quality information, he called Jaws and the HE well ahead of time, this thread is worth watching IMO.:thumbsup:

Nothing is green lit and there are lots of competing concepts. First, PotC:BftST is the first ride tech in a long time that TDO has said, "Oooooo, I want that!". I have heard 2 different rumors about bringing that ride tech to WDW and both involve Indy.

The first rumor I heard was the boat ride replacing the stunt show and the area being rethemed to an Indy land that would include the Raging Spirits coaster from Japan replacing Star Tours. And Backlot Express becoming a Outpost themed QS and the area would include another "Indy" themed bar similar to The Hanger.

The second rumor I heard is Dinoland becomes South America with scattered animal exhibits. A new take on the IJA replacing Dinosaur. Raging Spirits replacing Dinorama. And the boat ride replacing Nemo. It is an Amazon River attraction with live animals at the beginning then enter the show building which is an adventure to Coronado: The Lost City of Gold. The Amazon River ride would not be an Indy ride. Restaurantasaurus becomes an Outpost QS. And of course a "Hanger" type bar, Jock wasn't mentioned, but it being the defacto headquarters of S.E.A. was. This South America land rumor even goes as far as to include an adventures club-esque hotel similar to the Star Wars thing.

If the Indy IP moves to DAK, and Star Tours is axed. That frees up huge chunk of land in DHS. Echo Lake, the Sounds Dangerous building, Star Tours, Backlot Express, and Indy. And that's where the plan ends. "Yeah, big chuck of land, great, and.....". No clue what they want to do with it. Not me, them. They don't have a plan for it yet. Not even any solid pitches.

TDO and Burbank actually like the DAK plan for multiple reasons.

1. Overlaying Dinosaur would be an extremely cost effective way to bring in a new E Ticket.

2. Dinosaurs GSAT are middle of the road. "Meh", "Too Scary", "What dinosaur ride?" Being the most common comments. Apparently a surprisingly large number of guests never even realize it's there.

3. They could do the South America land in phases. Redo the land with Indy, Raging Spirits, the animal exhibits, and Food/Beverage/Merch. Leaving the Nemo replacement until phase 2.

4. Frees up a lot of contiguous acreage in DHS.
Dinosaur shouldn't close. Period.

The attraction I'd most like to see. Good chance that's the best theme park attraction in the world.

This. Looks. Awesome. I would love to see something like this implemented. I think it is a bit pie-in-the-sky though to think it would be a Pirates ride in DHS. Simply because I can't see them getting rid of Pirates in MK. Then again, was there not a rumour about a Moana Volcano coaster going behind Pirates? They could demolish pirates and put it in that whole space, which would free up Echo Lake area for a Pirates themed area. I'm riffing there though, I still don't think it would happen. The whole area of Adventureland that houses Pirates makes you think Tortuga, etc.

This. Looks. Awesome. I would love to see something like this implemented. I think it is a bit pie-in-the-sky though to think it would be a Pirates ride in DHS. Simply because I can't see them getting rid of Pirates in MK. Then again, was there not a rumour about a Moana Volcano coaster going behind Pirates? They could demolish pirates and put it in that whole space, which would free up Echo Lake area for a Pirates themed area. I'm riffing there though, I still don't think it would happen. The whole area of Adventureland that houses Pirates makes you think Tortuga, etc.

Disney fans had a conniption fit over them closing GMR and Ellen. They might burn the castle to the ground if they closed Pirates.

Disney fans had a conniption fit over them closing GMR and Ellen. They might burn the castle to the ground if they closed Pirates.

I would be thinking they would be mad if the California (the original) Pirates closed. Not somewhat of a hastily done Pirates in Orlando.

But I don't see PoTC closing in Orlando regardless, as it is classic Disney in many ways.

I would be thinking they would be mad if the California (the original) Pirates closed. Not somewhat of a hastily done Pirates in Orlando.

But I don't see PoTC closing in Orlando regardless, as it is classic Disney in many ways.

Cause they took the inferior California ToT makeover so well?