DHS's Dining Situation | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

DHS's Dining Situation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How do you feel about it?

• Total voters
Only sit down I've ever done in DHS was Sci Fi and it was OK for what it was, nothing out of this world. But in DHS I tend to stick to basic foods that is VERY hard to mess up...such as I always get myself a Coke Float at the bar in 50s Prime Time...burgers, frieds, and chicken fingers. All food that is very hard to mess up.

When I want a sit down meal on WDW property I go to Epcot, or I go to the resorts, especially Narcoossee's.

Have you ever eaten at any of them? Studio Catering Co and Backlot Express are easily some of the best counter services in Orlando.

Modified my previous statement. I've gotten drinks from Catering Co., eaten at Commissary, Writer's, Pizza Planet, and I think I've gotten fries that were soggy at Fairfax.

Modified my previous statement. I've gotten drinks from Catering Co., eaten at Commissary, Writer's, Pizza Planet, and I think I've gotten fries that were soggy at Fairfax.

Well, Commissary sucks. Pizza Planet, while I know it's not good, I've always enjoyed. I don't know why, could be a nostalgia thing, but I eat there a lot.

^I had some pizza at Pizza Planet on my trip last Decemebr and it was alright, your typical counter service pizza and was decent. If I want some awesome pizza I head to Via Napoli :thumbs:

Voted its Terrible and needed a total rework. I've eaten at Prime Time, Brown Derby, Pizza Planet, SciFi, ABC, Backlot Express, and Studios Catering Company. Some are tolerable but not memorable. The best meals I've had we're either at the commissary or Prime Time. The worst probably were at Pizza Planet and the backlot Express? Backlot Express is the one between Indy and Star Tours right? I remember the last time I ate their was with Briman and Drew and the food was blah at best.

When it comes down to it, you just can't beat Epcot for food. I would take about a dozen places before anything at MGM or AK for that matter. At the MK I haven't been to BOG and I quite enjoy Harbor House as well so that's not an issue yet. Before I get bashed though I would take Epcot for food above any theme park for food.

I have only eaten at Pizza Planet and that won't be happening again. But We always catch the Monorail back to Magic or go to another park completely to eat.

Oh wait I just remembered.
I also ate at the food place not too far from Star Tours, what it's name? It was grad night so I don't remember. All I know is that it wasn't enjoyable. At Hollywood, I much prefer a "snack stand" than any of the restaurants.

Last edited:
I have only eaten at Pizza Planet and that won't be happening again. But We always catch the Monorail back to Magic or go to another park completely to eat.

I also ate at the food place not too far from Star Tours, what it's name? It was grad night so I don't remember. All I know is that it wasn't enjoyable. At Hollywood, I much prefer a "snack stand" than any of the restaurants.

Monorail from Hollywood Studios? :look:

Reactions: Andy

Look up one post

Monorail from Hollywood Studios? :look:

:blank: