Diagon Alley Soft Opening Watch | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Diagon Alley Soft Opening Watch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been brought up already, but does anyone know what the vacation package guests have been told to expect regarding their preview time in DA?

Not sure if this has been brought up already, but does anyone know what the vacation package guests have been told to expect regarding their preview time in DA?

We were emailed that our preview time was to be rescheduled, with the preview time being given to us upon arrival at the hotel, and as a result of the rescheduling, our breakfast at the Leaky Cauldron may become either lunch or dinner.

I went to the TM preview last night, and I do kinda have to agree that it is a little "underwhelming" without the ride. I really felt as though a lot was missing last night. Due to the weather the dragon wasn't breathing fire and the entertainment on the stage didn't take place. While visually impressive, the area did leave little to do with the shows canceled and the main attraction not operating. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disappointed in Diagon Alley itself, but I am super disappointed that the awful weather did dampen the experience a bit.

The weather was fine Wednesday night when I went, and the dragon wasn't breathing fire. I just don't think it's on for TM preview.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone can be underwhelmed. There is so much to see that it could easily take up half of someone's day, just looking around, going in the stores, getting food and drinks, using an interactive wand. Like I said before, I almost forgot I didn't ride Gringott's.

I'm getting very skeptical about public softs. This may well end up similar to Test Track 2.0 in that they had like one day of actual public softs, which resulted in some not so minor problems after it officially opened.

Diagon Alley will not soft open without the Gringotts ride.

Yes, but then we must define what "gringotts is running" means. If it is running at 40% capacity, running off and on all day long, does this mean that it is running? What percentage is the threshold I wonder? I suppose WB will be drawing that line in the sand.

I could be completely off, but I tend to think guests will not get to even walk through the Gringotts queue if the ride isnt fully functional. TMs were directed out a side door backstage, right? If thats the case, I doubt we'd see them do the same thing for normal guests...theyre pretty protective of what the average person sees backstage.

It was an emergency exit door which leads into the exit hall of the ride.
And the rest of the area was fine, dont get me wrong. It looked amazing and all, but it was a little underwhelming. I was done in pretty much an hour and some change. Saw two shows and ate, rode the train both ways twice, and browsed the shops. Without the ride, it felt like an attempt to just get us to spend money. If it soft opens and I hear it's without the ride, I would not go again.

For those of you (non-package people) going tomorrow hoping for the first day of softs, what will be your strategy? Are you going to camp out [HASHTAG]#potterwatch[/HASHTAG] -style in front of London? To control who gets in, I could see them possibly randomly selecting guests out of Hogsmeade to ride the Hogawarts to Diagon and never actually opening it to the GP on the London side. Of course, it could just be HP package people for the first day.

For those of you (non-package people) going tomorrow hoping for the first day of softs, what will be your strategy? Are you going to camp out #potterwatch -style in front of London? To control who gets in, I could see them possibly randomly selecting guests out of Hogsmeade to ride the Hogawarts to Diagon and never actually opening it to the GP on the London side. Of course, it could just be HP package people for the first day.

I'm going to operate under the assumption there will be no softs tomorrow, so I'll probably wander the parks and periodically swing by the London area to investigate. I'll be there a good portion of the day so I'm sure I'll make plenty of passes around the area, but if I decide to camp out at all it will at Duff Gardens.

For those of you (non-package people) going tomorrow hoping for the first day of softs, what will be your strategy? Are you going to camp out #potterwatch -style in front of London? To control who gets in, I could see them possibly randomly selecting guests out of Hogsmeade to ride the Hogawarts to Diagon and never actually opening it to the GP on the London side. Of course, it could just be HP package people for the first day.

Please please please, for the sake of the events staff, don't camp out. We have no more information than you do regarding soft openings. When it happens, it happens, IF it happens. Don't waste the time and energy sitting out in the blazing sun (there is no shade in the London area) hoping to get in. If you want to hang out at the parks for the day, and check back from time to time, feel free to enjoy yourself, just don't park your butts at the barricades.

Anyone know what time of day early access to Diagon for the vacation packages ends? Currently at the resort - I don't plan on standing around for Softs but I'd like to be in USF around that time just in case.

Here at USF now and nada. TMs are saying no soft openings "that I know of so far."

No softs today. There is a special event scheduled. Tomorrow...perhaps around 6pm...perhaps... ;)

I am planning to head out some time this week, but I was hoping to get some kind of indication today what the feel and mood is of Gringott's. Do you happen to know if it will be running for this private event? If so I'll see ya at 6 tomorrow...

I'm here right now and the team members are saying there is no private event now. There's about 50 people camped out waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.