Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dinner Theater in Orlando

GadgetGuru

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2011
Seattle, WA
(This may be better served in the Other Central FL Attractions group?)

Any recommendations on the best dinner shows in Orlando? I know about Hoop-dee-Doo over at Disney (which sounds amazing but completely sold out around Thanksgiving) but what other shows are good?

Hoop is the best, by far. I like the luau at Polynesian as well but realize I'm probably in the minority there. The show starts very slowly, gets good at the end. The food is about the same quality you'd find on a WDW buffet.

As for the rest, Pirates Dinner Adventure is lousy--and from what I've seen, may not have survived Irma. They also did an adult cabaret show, Treasure Tavern, that was much better, but I think it disappeared years ago. Capones may be even worse than Pirates--horrible food, unfunny show, horrible ops.

Medieval Times is cheesy fun if you go in with the right attitude. The food is about the same as at your cousin's wedding. Unlimited beer, too.

Those are the only ones left I can think of. Kind of a dying art form in Orlando.

Hoop is the best, by far. I like the luau at Polynesian as well but realize I'm probably in the minority there. The show starts very slowly, gets good at the end. The food is about the same quality you'd find on a WDW buffet.

As for the rest, Pirates Dinner Adventure is lousy--and from what I've seen, may not have survived Irma. They also did an adult cabaret show, Treasure Tavern, that was much better, but I think it disappeared years ago. Capones may be even worse than Pirates--horrible food, unfunny show, horrible ops.

Medieval Times is cheesy fun if you go in with the right attitude. The food is about the same as at your cousin's wedding. Unlimited beer, too.

Those are the only ones left I can think of. Kind of a dying art form in Orlando.
I could've sworn there were a lot more! You're right, sounds like it's not as big as I would've expected.
Universal recently introduced the Caribbean Carnaval Dinner Show, but it's only on Wednesdays at Sapphire Falls.

Universal Orlando

There's also still the Wantilan Luau on Saturdays at Royal Pacific Resort.
I'm assuming neither of them are very large-scale productions since it's a once weekly event?
Never had a bad time at Mango's Tropical Cafe. Good Cuban food, STRONG drinks, and so much eye candy it'll give your eyeballs cavities.

Mango's Orlando: Mango's Tropical Cafe Orlando

Never heard of Mango's before! This has to be a family friendly affair, so I'm not sure that'll work. (Truthfully, I'm at work and a little hesitant to play that video...)

I could've sworn there were a lot more! You're right, sounds like it's not as big as I would've expected.

I'm assuming neither of them are very large-scale productions since it's a once weekly event?

Never heard of Mango's before! This has to be a family friendly affair, so I'm not sure that'll work. (Truthfully, I'm at work and a little hesitant to play that video...)
It's "Family Friendly" before 10pm. Yet still with copious amounts of hotness. I took my 80 year old parents and my teen daughters. They all loved it. The video is from Visit Orlando, which is a gov't funded tourism PR group. I believe we have a member here that may work for them. It is safe for work.