Disaster rehab soon? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Disaster rehab soon?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have some news about DISASTER.
I asked a Team Member when it would reopen (because I want to go there!!!).
I write the same words he said: "The ride is being completely re-done, and all the effects will be enhanced... It will open at the end of this month (march), and when it will reopen, it will be pretty sweet..."
Hmm.. HOW COME UNI WOULD RE-DO AN ALREADY INTERESTING ATTRACTION THAT WAS RE-DONE JUST AN YEAR AGO, WHILE THEY STILL HAVE RIDES LIKE JIMMY NEUTRON???
Well, I expect Disaster V.3 to be even better, otherwise I'm going to get mad.

Glad to hear the ride is being completely redone, it needed it. The ride could really use some new effects to increase the entertainment value. Thanks, Samuele! :rep:

I hope they don't make DISASTER more cheeser than it is already, but can't wait to see the new effects though.

Last edited:
Eh, Disaster's an okay attraction. It's actually the same ride as Earthquake but with new pre-shows. Still, it was fun.

However, I actually liked Earthquake and Twister better. I mean, in Disaster, an earthquake occurs, and someone TELLS you to scream, which kind of ruins the experience. In Twister, however, a tornado appears, and you're standing in front of it, without anyone speaking, which is why I liked Twister better. Earthquake is the same, but no one speaks during the ride, which is why I liked Earthquake better.

I'm not saying Disaster's a horrible attraction, I just like EQ and Twister better.

Eh, Disaster's an okay attraction. It's actually the same ride as Earthquake but with new pre-shows. Still, it was fun.

However, I actually liked Earthquake and Twister better. I mean, in Disaster, an earthquake occurs, and someone TELLS you to scream, which kind of ruins the experience. In Twister, however, a tornado appears, and you're standing in front of it, without anyone speaking, which is why I liked Twister better. Earthquake is the same, but no one speaks during the ride, which is why I liked Earthquake better.

I'm not saying Disaster's a horrible attraction, I just like EQ and Twister better.

With the way they do Disaster as a movie set with a scene being filmed it really doesn't belong in San Francisco if anything it belongs in Production Central. Although sometimes if its really crowded like at Rock the Universe they skip all the preshow elements and just put people on the ride.

I've yet to ride Disaster! but last time I was in Orlando, back in 2006, Earthquake was still there but the whole attraction was a mess. I'll miss it, though. It had a great old school feel and that music that played as you left the attraction was amazing, for whatever reason :lol:

Does anyone know what they did with the model of the city from the 2nd part of the pre-show? I really hope they didn't just toss it into the trash with pretty much everything else. Stuff like that would make a great addition to Richters or something.

I agree with you 100% I have always told all my friends that.

--- Update ---

I've yet to ride Disaster! but last time I was in Orlando, back in 2006, Earthquake was still there but the whole attraction was a mess. I'll miss it, though. It had a great old school feel and that music that played as you left the attraction was amazing, for whatever reason :lol:

Does anyone know what they did with the model of the city from the 2nd part of the pre-show? I really hope they didn't just toss it into the trash with pretty much everything else. Stuff like that would make a great addition to Richters or something.

I'm sure they didn't just "toss" it. It may be in storage somewhere. But yes...its gone =(

^ Don't you hate it when something sufficient is gone and you have no idea where it is now? (Oh-boy, I starting think about a-lot of stuff that Universal took out and is gone.)

A few weeks ago, I saw the trains sitting out behind the ride building, almost in guest view if you looked at the gate by Beetlejuice from a distance. Heard that the vehicles were getting an extensive rehab and a repaint, as well as some of the stage elements. Guess we'll see soon enough, I can't wait to get back in there. It's a downer whenever I pass by and see the rehab a-frames. :(