Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Discord Server

I'd be careful about creating a Discord server. I've seen it happen multiple times in the past where people from a forum start to chat more and more in the channels of a discord server and less and less in the forum, until the forum is a near-lifeless husk of its former self because all the activity has moved to the Discord. I recognize this sounds rather alarmist, and I don't know if it'd happen in this community, but I really enjoy the structure and layout of this forum and its discussions and would hate to see it eventually supplanted by a Discord server.

lmao actively encouraging competition from a site you cannot monetize is never going to happen. Discord as a side discussion only works for megasites like reddit. You would have to snatch admin rights from my cold dead hands before I let that happen as an admin on a niche forum site.

I use Discord everyday and it does not go down very often at all.

Yeah, I honestly use Discord a bit more than I have of Skype in the past few months, outside of when I need Skype for some of the shows.

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will not go forward with a Discord server as it would dwindle forum discussion as well as be another thing to handle. However, that does not mean it will never happen, yet for the time being it won't be operational.

A smarter choice for long-term, even if I don't down Discord as much.