Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Discovery Cove adds Ray and Shark Swims

Jan 24, 2015
A no brainer now that Disney got rid of their shark swim experience.

They'll get more money from me in March.

db_2017_0713_SharkSwim21.jpg

SO excited they added this option. We love swimming (and diving!) with sharks. We went were just at Discovery Cove last month, but we're planning to return again in the fall specifically for this (thank you, pass member and/or FL resident rates).

Cool but both these sound a little steep price-wise. $85 swim with sharks and $50 to feed the rays.

Discovery Cove is by far one of the most unique and best deal, hidden gem in Orlando, but dang if it doesn't feel like they are a lil price gougey at times.

I thought Discovery Cove was meant to be all-inclusive? What do you actually get for the crazy-high ticket price?
Its all inclusive from a food and drink (mostly) and access to the main things. Lazy rivers, swimming with fish, swimming with rays, aviary. Really there is a lot of stuff to do, and other than the grand reef I wouldn't do any of them.

Main up charges are:
Swim with Dolphins (Not worth it in my opinion)
Grand Reef (Looks super cool, I've heard good and bad about it. Havent done it)
Swim with Sharks (New)
Feed the Rays (New)
Upgraded drinks (Higher class wine, craft beer instead of domestic, and specialty drinks)

Grand Reef (Looks super cool, I've heard good and bad about it. Havent done it)

I think you might mean SeaVenture? The one where you put the helmets on and go underwater in the Grand Reef? :) Because snorkeling in the Grand Reef with the fish and rays is included.