Disney Jollywood Nights | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Jollywood Nights

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
New holiday event at Hollywood Studios. Looks like it has a chance to be a glorious disaster.

I like the MK Christmas party. It's actually a good deal since you can get in the park at 4:00 PM. There's lots of extras and the ride lines are fairly short. We rarely spend more than 8 hours in a park so this is actually a good deal for us....BUT, the DHS party doesn't offer much different that's significant and you can't get in the park until 7:00 PM. No way does the DHS show interest me. And since DHS has so few ride attractions, I doubt the lines will be short.

I like the MK Christmas party. It's actually a good deal since you can get in the park at 4:00 PM. There's lots of extras and the ride lines are fairly short. We rarely spend more than 8 hours in a park so this is actually a good deal for us....BUT, the DHS party doesn't offer much different that's significant and you can't get in the park until 7:00 PM. No way does the DHS show interest me. And since DHS has so few ride attractions, I doubt the lines will be short.

While the attendance may be higher, I went to the DHS After Hours paid event and Rise had a standby queue of 10 minutes. I cannot fathom why they insist on a Rise VQ for this event unless they are planning to sell that many more tickets for the event. If it is going to be that busy, I would only go for the normal hours and not worry about Jollywood.

While the attendance may be higher, I went to the DHS After Hours paid event and Rise had a standby queue of 10 minutes. I cannot fathom why they insist on a Rise VQ for this event unless they are planning to sell that many more tickets for the event. If it is going to be that busy, I would only go for the normal hours and not worry about Jollywood.
I would guess the parties are more crowded than the after dark events at MK. If so, I'd expect the same at DHS. Thus the VQ for ROTR.....Personally, that DHS entertainment line up doesn't really entice me.

I would guess the parties are more crowded than the after dark events at MK. If so, I'd expect the same at DHS. Thus the VQ for ROTR.....Personally, that DHS entertainment line up doesn't really entice me.
Leaning into ghostly entertainment at ToT could be really fun, but not exactly the holiday spirits that people typically look for when doing events like these.

The pricing on this feels a bit extreme end without including food or drinks. Do we think that it's a release valve for pressure on Mickey's, or is there enough demand for this?

Leaning into ghostly entertainment at ToT could be really fun, but not exactly the holiday spirits that people typically look for when doing events like these.

The pricing on this feels a bit extreme end without including food or drinks. Do we think that it's a release valve for pressure on Mickey's, or is there enough demand for this?
On the heels of all those DHS after dark quick sell outs, and the fact there's not a lot of dates like the MK party, sounds like it's a trial run in a year they're having attendance/hotel booking softness. Seems they're looking for answers and willing to try most anything. Heck, hotel discounts all the way until Dec. 25th sure say something....and the austerity minded CFO is leaving, sounds more forced out than medical leave excuse.

I wonder if they'll add more nights? Seems like it could sell a lot more than 10 nights, and it's not like Disney to say no to money...

I'm hoping to see all the improvements for tonight's party, even if it sucks to have missed out on it last week. Really rooting for the event's success but most of all for ticket holders to not feel they got a subpar experience for the price like we did.

Reactions: Jerroddragon