Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

Rode the Skyliner for the first time tonight from International Gateway to Riviera and back. First time on the system for me. Cabins were a surprising size physically being in them. The ride was very smooth, didn’t have any stops and the breeze inside the cabin was beautiful (although it was fairly cool tonight, around 80 degrees).

Overall, it was very pleasant, but I’ve yet to do the full trip from Epcot to DHS (or even to CBR). This will be a big perk for all hotels attached imo, as transport to Epcot and DHS will be far faster now. Especially from Riviera.

Rode the Skyliner for the first time tonight from International Gateway to Riviera and back. First time on the system for me. Cabins were a surprising size physically being in them. The ride was very smooth, didn’t have any stops and the breeze inside the cabin was beautiful (although it was fairly cool tonight, around 80 degrees).

Overall, it was very pleasant, but I’ve yet to do the full trip from Epcot to DHS (or even to CBR). This will be a big perk for all hotels attached imo, as transport to Epcot and DHS will be far faster now. Especially from Riviera.
I’m glad you made it back.

I love how 80 is “fairly cool”

Disney finally released a statement today. Since they prominently mentioned new training....and slowing up the system for those having problems boarding, I'm guessing the accident may have involved loading an ECV , wheelchair, or something similar, with the system moving faster at that load time than it will now. .

This is not news. But Disney will have a grand opening for a bathroom and their fans love taking pictures in front of walls so I guess this is expected.

News? Maybe but it's a good insight into how many people this is moving.

It opened on 29th September, crashed on the 5th, reopened on the 14th and hit a million guests today.

That's over 45,000 guests a day. That's a lot considering not everybody needs to use it and people being put off after the crash.

News? Maybe but it's a good insight into how many people this is moving.

It opened on 29th September, crashed on the 5th, reopened on the 14th and hit a million guests today.

That's over 45,000 guests a day. That's a lot considering not everybody needs to use it and people being put off after the crash.

Wonder if they double count the guests at CBBR transfer station.

This is just fluff trying to put out positive spin. It’s all frosting no cake.