DisneyForward Expansion Project | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

DisneyForward Expansion Project

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So-far we are in public speakers and past 54 people out of 98 speakers tonight.

We in for a long one.

About 73 acres to be precise; and that is more than enough space for a Universal Studios Singapore type park.

USS is about nearly 50 acres; even with counting the SNW Expansion and Backstage areas. That gives them more than enough space for something that'd include a new park, plus entertainment and shopping (alongside even a resort if they got creative).
Are all 98 of those speakers willing to stay up past their bedtime?

City Seems on Board and with them have language allowing Toy Story lot become a third gate. I'm happy with this the next 20 years will see DLR become something insane

It's already great but think this will help grab even more far away travelers if they can have three parks all within walk distance of one another and almost doubling the size of DCA will help keep that park healthy

There is a second vote needed on May 7th. And if that gets a yes vote, the project will take affect in 30 days after that.
Very interested to see the turnout. I believe part of the holding pattern that I've complained about Disney practicing for years is due to the recent political matters like the Desantis battle in Orlando and DLF in Anaheim. I'm curious if after both are done they finally stop dangling crumbs to urge the right legal outcomes and actually begin to start announcing big new things stateside.

Definitely hoping that Alicia is correct in her thoughts on the Banshee meet & greets being pre-set for both coasts pretty soon. It'd legitimately be a really neat addition that would give quite a bit of life to especially DAK, and wouldn't break the bank either.

Reactions: Nico
Very interested to see the turnout. I believe part of the holding pattern that I've complained about Disney practicing for years is due to the recent political matters like the Desantis battle in Orlando and DLF in Anaheim. I'm curious if after both are done they finally stop dangling crumbs to urge the right legal outcomes and actually begin to start announcing big new things stateside.
Covid/Disney+ had more to do with it than politics. A lot of it stems from Disney believing the theme park market had matured and were very slow to respond to Universal's growth plans. Disney had also focused all of its resources at getting Disney+ up and profitable, so the parks raked in cash and subsidized Disney+.

Reactions: IzzyB
Seeing those maps again, I still have no idea how Disney managed to miss every opportunity to buy GardenWalk.
I remember watching a video and the deal they were offered was soooooo low

Just like...I have no idea who said no to that deal even if the land just sit there.

They can still buy it but will be paying much more

That's just Twitter in general. If Bioreconstruct wasn't on there I wouldn't use it.
Bingo. How anyone can use that site seriously is beyond me.

Anyway, I expect the May 7th vote to go the same way. I've been getting DisneylandForward stuff in the mail for months now. I'd like them to make a decision just so I can stop getting pamphlets with hypothetical information and start getting some with real information!

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Lol

If you want some laughs read the comments under the tweet, lol
Oof, you weren't wrong lol. But that's just to be expected from Twitter these days. Anything to do with California is going to get a barrage of political vitriol; it's not representative of public opinion. I'm honestly surprised this community hasn't migrated to Threads or something by now, but that's another topic.

This is such exciting news and I really hope Disney is as fervent in getting to work and delivering new additions as they have been in pushing to get this passed. In my mind, the ideal scenario is we get expansions for Disneyland, California Adventure, and Downtown Disney, new hotels, and TS lot reserved for a third gate. 73 acres seems small for a proper theme park until you consider that Knotts is only 55 and I'd consider that a full-day park.

Oof, you weren't wrong lol. But that's just to be expected from Twitter these days. Anything to do with California is going to get a barrage of political vitriol; it's not representative of public opinion. I'm honestly surprised this community hasn't migrated to Threads or something by now, but that's another topic.

This is such exciting news and I really hope Disney is as fervent in getting to work and delivering new additions as they have been in pushing to get this passed. In my mind, the ideal scenario is we get expansions for Disneyland, California Adventure, and Downtown Disney, new hotels, and TS lot reserved for a third gate. 73 acres seems small for a proper theme park until you consider that Knotts is only 55 and I'd consider that a full-day park.
Phantasialand is only 69 acres. It has some multilevel wizadry I don't see Disney do but if they became creative it could be cramped but good.

Last edited:
They can also build up like SNW in Japan and use space more wisely

I have hope that Disney will make the most of it but we will see

They seem to be none a good path now but in 5 years even who knows where they are at depending on leadership

In 5 years they turned Star Wars from the sequels into Mandalorian, bad batch, Andor and tales of the Jedi/empire

So anything is possible with effort and the right people leading the project