Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Paris Resort

Generally, contracts are settled at the negotiation table and rarely on the streets.
Ah yes, that's why the WGA is striking now (and shutting down active sets) with SAG potentially being next in terms of striking. Because everything went great at the negotiating table right?

The people with the money are greedy and don't want to give it up. Doesn't matter the industry. They're all the same. Sometimes, if corporations won't be reasonable at the negotiating table, it's necessary to make people feel uncomfortable, make management feel uncomfortable, and try to force them into caving to some of your demands.

I think the way they're going about it is the only way that would get management to actually listen, they've already tried other ways. It's really cool to see a country's workforce be able to to pull this off, I wish it were more possible in America.

In relation to theme parks, I really think Disney and Universal employees should do this here if they can.
This.

First of all the level of income has come down a lot in the EU in general, first due to Covid and after that due to the war in Ukraine. Cost of living has become very high and groceries, heating your home,... everything has become very expensive (sometime 400% more). The 1% got much richer and people aren't going to take that.
Remember the French did put the 1% on the guillotine before (literally) about 225 years ago (that is not so long ago for Europe) and they will do it again if there is a need for it. DLP workers aren't the only one on strike in Europe, there are many more strikes going on as wealth needs to be re-distributed a bit better.
The best thing tourists can do is not to go to DLP. They will have a choice of many other wonderful theme parks in EU and it will drive the pressure up for Disney to come to a deal. If not this can go on for a very, very long time.

The squid was one of the coolest parts. How sad. It was very unexpected and such a cool surprise when I went in 2014.
True, ecstatically DLP Tomorrowland is still the most beautiful on there is but the interiors, once depicting the Jules Verne vibe but now with the Star Wars layover in Space Mountain and a generic underwater film replacing the giant squid AA it's becoming very weird and sad.

True, ecstatically DLP Tomorrowland is still the most beautiful on there is but the interiors, once depicting the Jules Verne vibe but now with the Star Wars layover in Space Mountain and a generic underwater film replacing the giant squid AA it's becoming very weird and sad.
I hate the Star Wars Hyperspace overlay there.

I realize star tours is just around the corner, but it feels so utterly out of place at DLP.
It’s this stunning space mountain with amazing details and then… Star Wars banners at load? And you load into a Jules Verne inspired vehicle?

It’s peak Disney laziness.

So I just visited Disneyland Paris after maybe twelve years and was pretty happy with what I saw. This park has some of the best architecture and opportunities to explore the park's themed lands through clever design. It helps you appreciate the effort that went into the resort's early days. From Forntierland, housing some of the best versions of specific attractions, to Adventureland's trails and Fantasyland's walkthroughs, it's unique from the rest of the castle parks I have visited. My favorite attractions were Phantom Manor, Big Thunder Mountain, and Pirates. The Indiana Jones coaster was super rough here, though, and the area around the Storybook boat ride looked like it needed a big-time repaint.

Studios is another beast (ehh not in the best ways) and one park I barely remember since I last visited. Many things here fall flat (and I think everyone is familiar with what), but for what it's worth, Avengers Campus is better here than in DCA, as the vibes were so much better from the restaurants and streets compared to the more cheesy DCA atmosphere their Campus offered. Also, their Tower of Terror is super fun! If you are familiar with DCA's version, it's that layout, but it's sequenced like Mission Breakout, where the drops start right at the beginning.

Disney Village is super outdated. Food, in general, across the resort could be stronger. I wished they would have more European-like choices, as the American-type food was terrible.

LASTY, I need to give a shout out the cast members around the entire property. Some of the most pleasant I have experienced from a Disney park in a while across the broad- they gave off that "magic" you expect.

I know this resort can sometimes get hate, but I love a lot of things within it. Even if everything outside of the main park wasn't perfect, I had a lot of fun here.

Castle.png

Last edited:
It appears we'll be crossing another Disney resort off our list next March! Our plan is to grab a one-day park hopper ticket given how many clones there are between the two parks. But! If y'all have any recommendations of what to visit, what to skip, where to eat (mostly this) — I'm all ears!

It appears we'll be crossing another Disney resort off our list next March! Our plan is to grab a one-day park hopper ticket given how many clones there are between the two parks. But! If y'all have any recommendations of what to visit, what to skip, where to eat (mostly this) — I'm all ears!
Are you also visiting Puy du Fou, if not skip Disney and do this instead.

Last edited:
One day is actually quite hard to get everything done. There aren't a lot of cloned attractions in DLP, there are some in WDS though. I would say that you should buy into the Premier Access Ultimate bundle that will get you a one use "fastpass" for each attraction that has the system, while it is quite expensive, it gets you right into the action, no Genie+ garbage here. Every. Single. Attraction in DLP is either at the same level or better than its American counterparts (ToT is debatable but that's it). You'll have a blast!

One day is actually quite hard to get everything done. There aren't a lot of cloned attractions in DLP, there are some in WDS though. I would say that you should buy into the Premier Access Ultimate bundle that will get you a one use "fastpass" for each attraction that has the system, while it is quite expensive, it gets you right into the action, no Genie+ garbage here. Every. Single. Attraction in DLP is either at the same level or better than its American counterparts (ToT is debatable but that's it). You'll have a blast!
Thanks for the reply!

This is the short list I'm working from regarding what we'd like to hit:
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Phantom Manor
  • The Dragon's Lair
  • Disneyland Paris Railroad
  • Hyperspace Mountain
  • Crush's Coaster
  • Ratatouille (a clone, but one we both really enjoy)
  • Avengers Assemble: Flight Force
The rest of the attractions, best as I can tell, are either clones (or near clones) or just attractions we aren't likely to care about enough to experience. After riding Raging Spirits in Tokyo, we're not inclined to suffer/bore ourselves with Temple of Peril. We might hit Pirates if we're feeling completionist-y, but I wouldn't count on it.

That said, if I'm missing something egregious, feel free to correct me! We're most excited to soak up the atmosphere of the castle park which looks pretty spectacular.

Thanks for the reply!

This is the short list I'm working from regarding what we'd like to hit:
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Phantom Manor
  • The Dragon's Lair
  • Disneyland Paris Railroad
  • Hyperspace Mountain
  • Crush's Coaster
  • Ratatouille (a clone, but one we both really enjoy)
  • Avengers Assemble: Flight Force
The rest of the attractions, best as I can tell, are either clones (or near clones) or just attractions we aren't likely to care about enough to experience. After riding Raging Spirits in Tokyo, we're not inclined to suffer/bore ourselves with Temple of Peril. We might hit Pirates if we're feeling completionist-y, but I wouldn't count on it.

That said, if I'm missing something egregious, feel free to correct me! We're most excited to soak up the atmosphere of the castle park which looks pretty spectacular.
Definitely make time for Pirates…Disneyland CA gets all the flowers but Paris truly has the best version IMO.

Unlike any stateside park, Disneyland Paris is full of walking trails that are attractions into themselves. Not playgrounds, legitimate paths that meander through various settings that can take a couple hours to fully appreciate. My first time there, I didn’t even plan on doing any of this stuff but ended up enjoying our time walking around almost as much as going on rides.

Unlike any stateside park, Disneyland Paris is full of walking trails that are attractions into themselves. Not playgrounds, legitimate paths that meander through various settings that can take a couple hours to fully appreciate. My first time there, I didn’t even plan on doing any of this stuff but ended up enjoying our time walking around almost as much as going on rides.
This is basically our goal for the day, so I'm excited to hear I'm on the right path.

Consider Pirates added to the list!

Definitely make time for Pirates…Disneyland CA gets all the flowers but Paris truly has the best version IMO.

Just watched a Video on it......in some ways I agree but also....the Treasure room has jack in in....I do enjoy DLR having some more quiet area's but for sure The Paris Version looks better then WDW