Disneyland Resort | Page 137 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disney has announced several more dates throughout the summer and fall to pitch DL Forward to the community. They are as follows:
  • May 20, Ponderosa Park, 2100 S. Haster St.
  • June 3, Walnut Grove Park, 905 S. Anaheim Blvd.
  • June 10, Boysen Park, 951 S. State College Blvd.
  • July 8, Maxwell Park, 2655 W. Orange Ave.
  • July 22, Barton Park, 800 S. Agate St.
  • Aug. 12, Juarez Park, 841 S. Sunkist St.
  • Sept. 9, Pearson Park, 400 N. Harbor Blvd.
  • Oct. 14, Ronald Reagan Park, 945 S. Weir Canyon Rd.

Disneyland to run Incredicoaster during ‘World of Color’

Also Mantis is coming to DCA for a limited time

Just asking a generic quick question here rather than starting a thread:

I’m familiar-ish with this resort and it’s layout. Is Disneyland worth a week long vacation?

I am happy, if not thrilled to do some re-rides, possible pool time, taking a half/full day to adjust to time change, eating out a bunch… it feels I could make a week worth of time here but a lot of stuff I read feels like it’s more a busy weekend trip.

What does IU think?

I’m familiar-ish with this resort and it’s layout. Is Disneyland worth a week long vacation?

I am happy, if not thrilled to do some re-rides, possible pool time, taking a half/full day to adjust to time change, eating out a bunch… it feels I could make a week worth of time here but a lot of stuff I read feels like it’s more a busy weekend trip.

What does IU think?
If you want to see most rides and shows, I'd say you need at least 3 days. I normally do a Disneyland day and DCA day then have a mixed day where I do both parks and clean up what ever rides I did not do or rides I'd like to do more but iif you plan of leaving the parks for hours on end you can easily do 4 days if you want something more of a relaxed style trip

Fantasmic is still down and no date yet
The first two weeks of June Alice, Peter, Toad and Mermaid are down
DCA Rogers show does not start until June 30th
Also no dates on the new Adventureland tree House/Big Hero Six land redo in DCA
Small World still has the Projection show for Encanto if you have not seen that, its a fun little show especially if you watch the firework from there

Knotts is also close and Universal Hollywood as well if you don't want to do Disneyland for more then 3 days.

Edit: Also Dinning Reservations open 60 days in Advance at 6 AM PST time

Last edited:
Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
If you want to see most rides and shows, I'd say you need at least 3 days. I normally do a Disneyland day and DCA day then have a mixed day where I do both parks and clean up what ever rides I did not do or rides I'd like to do more but iif you plan of leaving the parks for hours on end you can easily do 4 days if you want something more of a relaxed style trip

Fantasmic is still down and no date yet
The first two weeks of June Alice, Peter, Toad and Mermaid are down
DCA Rogers show does not start until June 30th
Also no dates on the new Adventureland tree House/Big Hero Six land redo in DCA
Small World still has the Projection show for Encanto if you have not seen that, its a fun little show especially if you watch the firework from there

Knotts is also close and Universal Hollywood as well if you don't want to do Disneyland for more then 3 days.
This is helpful, thanks Jerrod!

Reactions: Jerroddragon

What does IU think?
I have friends that come down from Northern California and spend five full days at the resort every couple years. There are definitely enough rides and restaurants to fill there full days as Jerrod said. but if you're planning on taking a leisurely pace, want to spend some time at the pool, etc., I can absolutely see stretching it to five days (or at least four days).

I have friends that come down from Northern California and spend five full days at the resort every couple years. There are definitely enough rides and restaurants to fill there full days as Jerrod said. but if you're planning on taking a leisurely pace, want to spend some time at the pool, etc., I can absolutely see stretching it to five days (or at least four days).
Perfect, both of these posts are very encouraging.

I'm scheduling two days at Disneyland and one day at California Adventure when I go in September. With prioritizing the resort's unique (not-shared-with-WDW) attractions, I'm hoping that's reasonable.
You should be golden

Pirates is really the only ride that is much better then WDW version that I'd still do that and Mickey's Runaway Railroad Q here is also much better. Thought Haunted Mansion will be in its Holiday form, so I'd hit that as well.

Reactions: belloq87 and Jake S
You should be golden

Pirates is really the only ride that is much better then WDW version that I'd still do that and Mickey's Runaway Railroad Q here is also much better. Thought Haunted Mansion will be in its Holiday form, so I'd hit that as well.

Pirates is 100% on the agenda. After being so used to the abridged (still good!) version at Magic Kingdom, I'm eager to get the more full experience.

Takes this as a rumor but part of the reason The Jazz Kitchen was remolded was in part to make DTD to have a similar look but secondly because Tania's Place is opening and Disney thought the two restaurants would be too similar in theme

while its a rumor, It would not surprise me that Disney would want you to have to pay for theming and DTD is literally just for shops....I mean look at what they did to the World of Disney Store which also was so much fun when it opened and then they just took away much of the outside theming for no reason

Pirates is 100% on the agenda. After being so used to the abridged (still good!) version at Magic Kingdom, I'm eager to get the more full experience.
I'd also definitely make sure to ride Space Mountain; imo the DL version is far superior with the onboard audio, projection effects etc. In all honesty most of the DL rides with MK counterparts are better at the former, other than maybe Splash Mountain which I think might have a shorter drop (?) and the Star Wars stuff which is mostly identical to the WDW version. And don't forget DL also has the castle walkthrough!

I'd also definitely make sure to ride Space Mountain; imo the DL version is far superior with the onboard audio, projection effects etc. In all honesty most of the DL rides with MK counterparts are better at the former, other than maybe Splash Mountain which I think might have a shorter drop (?) and the Star Wars stuff which is mostly identical to the WDW version. And don't forget DL also has the castle walkthrough!
I know a number of people give the edge to MK's Haunted Mansion, as well, but yeah... I've heard many of the shared attractions are superior at Disneyland.

Definitely will be doing the castle walkthrough! I really want to take the time to enjoy the smaller stuff like that, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, etc.

I know a number of people give the edge to MK's Haunted Mansion, as well, but yeah... I've heard many of the shared attractions are superior at Disneyland.

Definitely will be doing the castle walkthrough! I really want to take the time to enjoy the smaller stuff like that, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, etc.
If your into history as well, make sure to watch the new Pre show it was just added as well (I've yet to see it but excited to when I go this summer)

Reactions: belloq87
Hey all,

I'll be here in Jan of next year for the Run Disney event, trying to decide between the Disneyland Hotel for $2800 and the Westin for $1900. Is there enough of an advantage to pay the premium for the Disneyland hotel? Biggest benefit I've seen is that it's right at the historical starting line and it's where the expo is at.

Edit: nvm, it really looks like the Westin is the way to go.

Last edited:
Disney pushing Disney forward in a smart way (in my opinion)

Below is more date from the twitter thread and where Disney forward would go on a map

FwXxwgrX0AEQHyS
FwX5l0_WcAM450Q

Reactions: Grabnar