Disneyland Resort | Page 145 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah when we’re all too old to enjoy it by then.
I made a mistake. I meant Toy Story lot. The Simba lot for DCA I could see them addressing that post LA2028 and having something built for 2031-2032. For the true third gate, that would be the Toy Story lot which I think will be late 2030's early 2040's.

Want some good news? When Fantasmic! returns, so will the Peter Pan segment!

Honestly, a good choice since the PoTC segment really didn't work.

The bad news is there is a decent chance we won't see the traditional Haunted Mansion in 2024. Halloween Time now starts August 23rd, earlier than ever - and they're about to embark on the queue improvement project that will likely keep the attraction shuttered for several months or more. They may not want to bother to tear down the Holiday overlay only to have to put it back up a couple months later.

• Sad
Reactions: Freak
The bad news is there is a decent chance we won't see the traditional Haunted Mansion in 2024. Halloween Time now starts August 23rd, earlier than ever - and they're about to embark on the queue improvement project that will likely keep the attraction shuttered for several months or more. They may not want to bother to tear down the Holiday overlay only to have to put it back up a couple months later.
Geez just leave the original Haunted Mansion alone.

Reactions: TylerG and mccgavin
This is the most entitled passhole vlogger Walt-wouldn't-want-this take that I'm going to offer on any Disneyland topic, likely ever, but...

The Haunted Mansion holiday overlay sucks, period, full stop. It doesn't add anything particularly interesting and ruins the horror aspect of the whole thing. Who is demanding this? Literally who? Nightmare Before Christmas fans? Passholders? Guests? I really have no clue. I now avoid the ride for almost five months out of the year as a result.

*sigh*

Reactions: TylerG
Who is demanding this? Literally who? Nightmare Before Christmas fans? Passholders? Guests? I really have no clue.
The average wait time jumps from 37 minutes to 55 minutes when the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay is added. Obviously, part of that comes down to crowd levels. Even when I worked at Disneyland a decade ago, October-December felt like the busy time of year (more so than Summer). But I also was only scheduled at Haunted Mansion, with very rare exception, when the Holiday overlay was on. It draws crowds in a way the regular Mansion (my favorite theme park attraction) does not.

Agreed... whether one likes it or not, the length and consistency of the lines HMH gets speaks for itself.

I do enjoy it, but at the same time, sort of feel it overstays its welcome. It's a bit ridiculous that it's up longer than the original is. But until the public stops going on it, I can't see it changing back any sooner.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
*Sigh* So when is the last day the HMH will be open? I want to be able to have some opportunity to ride the HM period before it goes down for a good chunk of next year.

2024 Disney looks packed

Basically Disneyland will almost always have an event going...which I think is smart

Halloween Starting earlier makes sense people come and Oggie Boogie sells out in mins...so yeah they need more dates.

I hope that they kinda tell us about the next year, every year from now on. It helps with planning trips

Also Fantasmic brining back Pan makes sense...like they know people won't be happy with the new finale..so bringing back Pan is the least they can do to get "fans" to be happy for now

Reactions: pumpkinbot343
I am definitely in the minority on this opinion but I love HMH so much I wish it would stay up all year and I do not really care for the original all that much
I love both equally. I didn't think I was going to enjoy the Nightmare before Christmas overlay but I thought it was really great.

I don't understand how the queue improvements will require the ride to stay shut? I thought all the works were in the gardens next door and a new store?

Yeah, I am pretty sure HM will be open next year. The Q stuff will happen but sure they will find away to keep the ride open, its a HUGE people eater and to lose it with Splash for the next year would be insane

Also checked out the Pixar Peir hotel on Monday, its a cute retheme and think if I have zero knowledge of other resorts it would be amazing but....just watched a video of the Toy Story Hotel over in Toyko and that is considered a "value" resort and it killlllllllls the Disneyland and Pixar Peir Hotel in terms of themeing

Tried the Great Maple Bar (no clue why you need a reservation...the place was empty, lol) it was good food and huge portions. I very much recommend this place for Brunch/breakfast, especially if your staying near by/at the Disneyland hotels and can out your left over's away

I rode HMH for the first time ever last week and enjoyed it. It was the longest we waited for any ride in the park just barely beating Space Mountain. I can see why Disney likes utilizing it at DL.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I rode HMH for the first time ever last week and enjoyed it. It was the longest we waited for any ride in the park just barely beating Space Mountain. I can see why Disney likes utilizing it at DL.
Yeah
My plan is to Genie Plus it....the line gets insane

Insane

HM and Splash down.....with these kinda crowds and no Fantasmic....plus other rides go down at the start of the year

So go now or....be prepared to wait a while before the park is back to 100%

Speaking of which I'll be at the park Wednesday which per crowd Calendars should be pretty fine, not slow but not bust either. I'll post any tips I can for those going this holiday season

They should give the HMH a break next year so we can see the original HM. Like c’mon.
The Guests Demand HMH

I love both but HM gets like 40-60 mins lines vs the 60-120 min lines. Like you can walk on HM most days until 10-11 am but with HMH there is a line within the first hour.

So I just doubt it, it draws people in the parks and draws people to the park.