Disneyland Resort | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Reactions: JawsVictim

15% capacity and a limit on indoor rides?

bd369350d927a1fd6c0b70da57e58e93.gif

Reactions: Freak
Just a reminder for people in this thread to be conscientious and grateful movemen
15% capacity and a limit on indoor rides?

bd369350d927a1fd6c0b70da57e58e93.gif
Indoor rides with time restrictions just means you can go in an indoor ride, but there's restrictions on how much time you can spend in the building. Might mean entirely outdoor queues that pulse people into the building in waves to meet guidelines.

Regardless, I imagine Disney will be very strategic with what rides they operate given capacity, staffing, and indoor limits. Assuming they hold off on Avengers Campus, California Adventure will probably be quite nice with Grizzly, the Paradise Pier rides, Cars Land, and lots of nice open walkways. Disneyland though...as much as I love Indiana Jones...you'd have to put a gun to my head to make me wait in that Adventureland walkway.

EDIT: Also, this is where I once again implore Disney to find a way to expand Adventureland.

There's really not much indoor queue for most of the attractions in DLR compared to WDW so they'd have to get real creative at implementing social distanced queues.

Fantasmic Yellow Jackets, assemble.

It's times like these to where I kind of wish the reopening thread was back up--because I genuinely think Disneyland won't be opening until June at the earliest.

Glad to see the compromise being put into place, especially as it is a win--for Orange tier.

Reactions: Rideguy70
I’m starting to wonder if Newsom is just messing with the parks at this point - pulling this move right after Disney and Universal decided to do dining events.

I love dark rides, so that will be a deal breaker for me. If I can go at 15% capacity and ride everything easily that’ll be fun. If indoor rides are closed or impossible to get on, then I’ll pass.

It’d be nice to have an itinerary where you know when you have access to certain rides or virtual queues everywhere.

He’s the reason we’re even talking about this in the first place. Could learn a thing or two from how Florida handled it. Even places like Dollywood are handling ops well and that’s about as country as it gets. Time to open shop.

He’s the reason we’re even talking about this in the first place. Could learn a thing or two from how Florida handled it. Even places like Dollywood are handling ops well and that’s about as country as it gets. Time to open shop.

Forcing my hand here...

It’s been discussed before, and it’s worth pointing out again, SoCal has a much denser population than Central Florida or East Tennessee. LA County is the most populated county in the US. California has to handle health and safety differently than Florida or Tennessee.

Personally, I don’t care for Newsom and think his actions were hypocritical, but agree it was the right call keeping the parks shut down.

I’m glad they’re compromising now because the vaccination data seems promising, and that’s the right call to make.

Last edited: