Disneyland Resort | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m going to try to get tickets when they’re available and make it my only visit until guidelines are lifted. I don’t think there will ever be another chance to attend on a weekend with only 15% capacity. Going to try for a day at each park.

I wish you all the luck in the world. It will feel nice, I'm sure, to be able to go back and ride a few rides. Restores a sense of normalcy.

Reactions: JawsVictim
I wish you all the luck in the world. It will feel nice, I'm sure, to be able to go back and ride a few rides. Restores a sense of normalcy.

Thanks! I haven’t been to DLR since June 2019, so it’ll be a fun break from the way of life now. I suspect these passes will be harder to get than Radiohead tickets.

I’m going to try to get tickets when they’re available and make it my only visit until guidelines are lifted. I don’t think there will ever be another chance to attend on a weekend with only 15% capacity. Going to try for a day at each park.
Thats true, you can report to us all if its worth it or not

Disneyland for sure Day one could be...but DCA without the new land for me is a no go. I'll just wait for that to be open

Thats true, you can report to us all if its worth it or not

Disneyland for sure Day one could be...but DCA without the new land for me is a no go. I'll just wait for that to be open

Yep, I’ll post a trip report if I get tickets. On top of never riding ROTR, I’m excited to see the new Snow White and (maybe, hopefully) ride Splash Mountain one last time. Even with the indoor limitations, I’m guessing we should be able to ride everything within a 10-12 hour.

I went over to a magical forums site to see what they think about the news today, and they're holding a rally to open disneyland early :skull: The best part is that they want to "support" the cast-members by opening up. They really wanna go on Space Mountain don't they; I just can't with them it's gonna be ten people with signs yelling at a security guard.

That seems on brand, lol.
Thanks! I haven’t been to DLR since June 2019, so it’ll be a fun break from the way of life now. I suspect these passes will be harder to get than Radiohead tickets.

If the food event is anything to go off of, most likely. Best of luck and if you get in I am sure it will be awesome to experience the park with low capacity like that.

Yeah, I have a similar plan. Given the huge demand, I don't think I'd actually expect to be able to score tickets, but it doesn't hurt to try. That said, if it doesn't work out, I'm not exactly heartbroken.

I still cannot believe for the life of me why they haven't taken advantage of this time with the park closed to tear down the people mover tracks that will be a nightmare to demolish with the parks open.

I still cannot believe for the life of me why they haven't taken advantage of this time with the park closed to tear down the people mover tracks that will be a nightmare to demolish with the parks open.

As with most projects, and especially due to everywhere the people mover tracks snake through, it's not coming down until whatever project replaces it get's greenlit. It's usual business with this kind of situation, and they're not gonna' spend money to solely tear it down when it can be incorporated into it's replacement.

Reactions: alias8703
Its really insane. I know "money" but still they could have for sure done some more work around Tommorrowland especially because of COVID but...no.

Some youtuber pointed out Fantasyland 3.0 has been happening for years while Tommorrowland has gotten ignored when its the biggest land that needs attendance.

Reactions: alias8703
Its really insane. I know "money" but still they could have for sure done some more work around Tommorrowland especially because of COVID but...no.

Some youtuber pointed out Fantasyland 3.0 has been happening for years while Tommorrowland has gotten ignored when its the biggest land that needs attendance.

Tomorrowland is such a complex issue at DLR. They’ve slowly been upgrading Fantasyland over the years while Tomorrowland has been confused and disjointed for some time. But, I think the issue is more that we mostly agree these Fantasyland additions/upgrades are nice and in character for the land, while the additions to Tomorrowland over the years: Hyperspace Mountain, new Space Mountain line, Star Wars Launch Bay, and the new(ish) Autopia aren’t what we want them to be, and don’t really solve its inherent problem. Tomorrowland is getting attention here and there but what it really needs is some love...

Tomorrowland is such a complex issue at DLR. They’ve slowly been upgrading Fantasyland over the years while Tomorrowland has been confused and disjointed for some time. But, I think the issue is more that we mostly agree these Fantasyland additions/upgrades are nice and in character for the land, while the additions to Tomorrowland over the years: Hyperspace Mountain, new Space Mountain line, Star Wars Launch Bay, and the new(ish) Autopia aren’t what we want them to be, and don’t really solve its inherent problem. Tomorrowland is getting attention here and there but what it really needs is some love...
The issues for years have been the Entrance.guest flow, the look of the land, anf the wasted space of Intoventions and part of Autopia. They have no addresses these at all Space Mountain and ST were fine before no one was complaining about them.

I'm happy Toontown might finally be a real land again but no clue why they can't just start on Tomorrowland or Hollywood land in DCA...the Pier has gotten two revamps before either of those lands got one.

Part of the problem is Tomorrowland doesn't really know what it wants to be and it's kind of turned into this temporary placeholder for stuff like Season of the Force, film previews and things like Launch Bay and that weird Pizza Port overlay they have. I think a big and relatively easy fix would be starting with a uniform aesthetic. IMO, New Tomorrowland looked best. Go back with that. Most of the architecture is still there and mid-century retro future never looks outdated.

Things like the old America Sings building and the Magic Eye Theater need to be seriously looked at in terms of what can be done with them moving forward. Autopia is another huge footprint to consider but it gets a little messy considering it's built on top of the submarine's indoor ride sections and has the Monorail/Peoplemover tracks all intertwined through it. The new entrance point looks nice and they have added a few of the mid century nods so that is a good start. There is a lot that needs to be done to improve what Tomorrowland can be, but I do think giving the main drag some kind of consistent identity would help it in the long run.

Reactions: shiekra38
Part of the problem is Tomorrowland doesn't really know what it wants to be, and it's kind of turned into this temporary placeholder for stuff like Season of the Force, film previews and things like Launch Bay and that weird Pizza Port overlay they have. I think a big and relatively easy fix would be starting with a uniform aesthetic. IMO, New Tomorrowland looked best. Go back with that. Most of the architecture is still there and mid-century retro future never looks outdated.

Things like the old America Sings building and the Magic Eye Theater need to be seriously looked at in terms of what can be done with them moving forward. Autopia is another huge footprint to consider but it gets a little messy considering it's built on top of the submarine's indoor ride sections and has the Monorail/Peoplemover tracks all intertwined through it. There is a lot that needs to be done to improve what Tomorrowland can be, but I do think giving the main drag some kind of consistent identity would help it in the long run.
Just commit to googie and be done!

Part of the problem is Tomorrowland doesn't really know what it wants to be and it's kind of turned into this temporary placeholder for stuff like Season of the Force, film previews and things like Launch Bay and that weird Pizza Port overlay they have. I think a big and relatively easy fix would be starting with a uniform aesthetic. IMO, New Tomorrowland looked best. Go back with that. Most of the architecture is still there and mid-century retro future never looks outdated.

Things like the old America Sings building and the Magic Eye Theater need to be seriously looked at in terms of what can be done with them moving forward. Autopia is another huge footprint to consider but it gets a little messy considering it's built on top of the submarine's indoor ride sections and has the Monorail/Peoplemover tracks all intertwined through it. The new entrance point looks nice and they have added a few of the mid century nods so that is a good start. There is a lot that needs to be done to improve what Tomorrowland can be, but I do think giving the main drag some kind of consistent identity would help it in the long run.
lol

I mean the land isn't a person, so its people don't know what they want to do with it. They need to just make it into a Land of "What Will be and what could have been" bam your good. Now make the land look more Futuristic keep Space Mountain and everything else can go. Autopia can be made into a smaller foot print. I would love the subs to stay but I hear they cost too much to run for them to want to keep.
So give us maybe Tron, Redo the Buzz ride for the new film and make it more modern, Retire Star Tours and redo the theme and give us a new ride maybe something based on the history of tech or a going to MARS attraction.

lol

I mean the land isn't a person, so its people don't know what they want to do with it. They need to just make it into a Land of "What Will be and what could have been" bam your good. Now make the land look more Futuristic keep Space Mountain and everything else can go. Autopia can be made into a smaller foot print. I would love the subs to stay but I hear they cost too much to run for them to want to keep.
So give us maybe Tron, Redo the Buzz ride for the new film and make it more modern, Retire Star Tours and redo the theme and give us a new ride maybe something based on the history of tech or a going to MARS attraction.
There’s no room for Tron, DLR Buzz is the best version of that ride, Star Tours is really popular, and there’s already been a Mission to Mars ride.

Tomorrowland is just a fundamentally flawed idea in that it doesn’t take you to a place (Cars Land, Pandora, Galaxy’s Edge) and when you redo the thing it will eventually become Todayland because it isn’t frozen in the past. We never get closer to the timeline of a Frontierland or Liberty Square because those are both frozen in the past.

“The future that never was” is the closest thing to actually working, but even that gets dated over time.

There’s no room for Tron, DLR Buzz is the best version of that ride, Star Tours is really popular, and there’s already been a Mission to Mars ride.

Tomorrowland is just a fundamentally flawed idea in that it doesn’t take you to a place (Cars Land, Pandora, Galaxy’s Edge) and when you redo the thing it will eventually become Todayland because it isn’t frozen in the past. We never get closer to the timeline of a Frontierland or Liberty Square because those are both frozen in the past.

“The future that never was” is the closest thing to actually working, but even that gets dated over time.
You are just wrong on that, people have done video's and more than enough room once you remove things not being used

Also the Subs take up a good area and will be gone at some point.

Next sure we had a mission to mars ride....so we can never have another one even if its completely different?
Buzz might be the best...but its still a wayyyyy to old tech ride for Tomorrowland. I want an updated ride that feels like an adventure not what we have which is static figures moving slower than snails. Great Star Tours has lines but we could get something new that also gets lines...Splash has lines and is getting redo...TOT had lines and get redone.

The point is that land BY a country mile has been ignored the most and needs a fresh coat of paint and since Toontown is finally getting love time for Tomorrowland next..no more excuses them to work on the land that has need to be updated since 1999 when it opened.

Tron could fit if they tore everything but Space Mountain down, built a multi-level facility, built the canopy over the lagoon, removed Autopia, or did whatever combination of the previous options is necessary. That would be cool.

Regardless, Tron is one of the few sci-fi oriented franchises of merit Disney really has. And it's mainly due to the influence and permeance of the Tron aesthetic rather than the quality of the films themselves. Other than Tron, you have Big Hero 6, WALLE, Avatar, and one day Lightyear. You could maybe swing the Incredibles if you go down the retro futurism path, but they already have a presence in DCA and I doubt that would go over well. Because of this, I imagine Tron inevitably receives a big presence in Tomorrowland, albeit with a different ride system. Flight of Passage also would make sense (you already 'link' into a body that's far away), but only if they don't theme the showbuilding lazily. Big Hero 6 could be a nice edutainment dark ride. Walle...is too depressing.