Disneyland Resort | Page 162 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They haven't even started on the store? Oh, man. That either got cut or this thing is not going according to schedule.
Yeah, not sure what's happening...months ago Freshbaked thought they were moving so quickly the ride might reopen before August...now things have slowed down and it hopefully will make Halloween...the store might still be getting built, lol

But we will have to see, all I know if the HM Q and the New Orleans area are around it look no where near done and its basically 3 months before halloween season

CC is still all torn up, so the land might just be closed until Tia's open....only good thing is rumor is Pooh might be getting some upgrades on the ride along with HM....so while it sucks now...once they all reopen (along with Mr Lincoln) we hopefully will have a much nicer Disneyland and most likely wont be any more major work and hopefully they start working on DCA next

Don't get me wrong, I love CarsLand! I just remember with it, they started to upgrade the rest of the park, and while it was all good intentioned, I still miss the cheap looking Sun Plaza with the Golden Gate Bridge, California letters out front, etc.. I remember they were sprucing up the park in phases, with Pixar Pier (2019?) being the last of it, and that really felt like the final nail in the coffin in terms of "the old DCA" (while there are still many remaining fragments, but at the time, that seemed like the bulk of the changes were done). But yeah, somewhere between 2012-2019 these shifts were happening, then 2021-2022 it just capsized in the wrong direction.

I think a lot of the changes we were very patient of in the beginning, understanding that the whole world was hurting and that Disney was no exception. While there are still staffing issues, I feel a lot of these troubles fall upon Disney's management. And 3 years removed from reopening, taking advantage of a pandemic to implement permanent changes for their own benefit/business preferences just feels...icky.
Totally get it. There are some aspects that I miss too, with the overall simplicity of the park being the top thing probably (and the fact that it was empty almost all the time). Oh, and the free tortillas of course.

To your other point, I'm not sure what will tip the scales there as long people keep purchasing Magic Keys, Genie+, and the other upcharged offerings.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Just saw a rumor on Reddit saying Club Pixar Dance Party is Cancelled? I don't see it on the Disneyland App so if anyone hears something or is at the park at night and walks past the DCA hollywood area let us know.

Well now seeing a rumor about the Dr Strange show shutting down at the end of June..if True then man...Disney really seems to be killing many live shows (the Golden Horseshoe also lost its Piano player show last month)

Well now seeing a rumor about the Dr Strange show shutting down at the end of June..if True then man...Disney really seems to be killing many live shows (the Golden Horseshoe also lost its Piano player show last month)
I wasn't a huge fan of the Dr. Strange show, but you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater by closing a substantial portion of the land just to save yourself from paying 1-2 performers.

This is speculation on my part, but the timing of the successful unionization effort does not seem coincidental.
From what I've read anyway.....aren't these character actors different from these performers? At least from what I've heard the people doing these shows are already in unions but maybe people are wrong

But if it is true....god Disney your just such a cruel company......making it where performers get less or no work and guests get less bang for their buck.

I'm reading old books about Walt's Disney company....It's night and day from what we have today

Confirmed. At least now they have extended queue space for the Avengers ride they're never building.

EDIT: You know Disney was really turning their reputation around for a month there, Jenny Nicholson must have some kind of cosmic, karmic power.

Last edited:
No Idea, whats going on at Disney but I don't like it

Makes even less sense to be closing shows as you say "you can't buy Magic Keys"

So which is it...you want to save money by closing shows...but also don't need more gusts coming to the parks?

Confirmed. At least now they have extended queue space for the Avengers ride they're never building.

EDIT: You know Disney was really turning their reputation around for a month there, Jenny Nicholson must have some kind of cosmic, karmic power.
On reddit, someone speculated using the piece of concept art presented at D23 2022 the day before the multiverse ride was revealed that the sanctum would be the entry point for the ride. Logistically this would be impossible as you would obviously cut off the walkway leading from AC to Cars Land. The entrance for the ride will be where the blue wall next to Avengers Vault is.

D23 is going to be do or die for this iteration of the Avengers E ticket. If no timeframe is announced it's either dying or dead. However, sources on WDWMagic are claiming the Avengers E ticket will get an announcement at D23 and Disney YouTube OG55 is claiming his sources are telling him the Avengers E ticket might be further along than we all think. This makes me a smidge more optimistic the third times the charm is regards to following through on getting this thing built.

This is really unacceptable unless they actually plan to start building the Avengers E-Ticket soon and they decided that they needed that slice of land.

Imagine building an area for a show....just to shut it down....not because the show doesn't draw people either

Besides this being the third show to shut down.....its just another theater that will be empty....and once pixar fest of over the Fantasyland theater will be empty again

Like i feel like i jinxed this....I buy an AP for the first time in years and all the entertainment starts to go away

This is really unacceptable unless they actually plan to start building the Avengers E-Ticket soon and they decided that they needed that slice of land.
As I mentioned above if you used the Doctor Strange show space for either the entrance or extended queue for the Avengers E ticket wouldn't that cut off the pathway from AC to Cars land? And if they were using it for the Avengers ride, how would they work around not blocking off the path to Cars Land?

As I mentioned above if you used the Doctor Strange show space for either the entrance or extended queue for the Avengers E ticket wouldn't that cut off the pathway from AC to Cars land? And if they were using it for the Avengers ride, how would they work around not blocking off the path to Cars Land?
Yeah, it makes zero sense that area is sooooo far from the area that could become the Q. Like you would either need to redo the entire side of the land or go underground or upstairs and have a bridge.....