Disneyland Resort | Page 171 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My theory on the matter of the RCT being possibly shuttered for good aside from needing the barn for the show building for Infinity Defense and Stark's Flight Lab, Avengers Campus will be getting a 5th attraction taking over the Hyperion and they want all the space they can get for it.

At this point I believe it's only a matter of time before DCA gets a full on name change.

There’s probably a way to move the maintenance facility to a spot that would still work and keep the attraction operational. Do I think they’ll do that tho? Unfortunately, no. A lot of times, when adding a new attraction to a park, something will shutter to offset operations costs. They probably see this as a way to save on the costs of staffing the attraction, and maintenance facilities, instead of invest new capital just to keep it running.

If true, man is that a big loss for the park.

There’s probably a way to move the maintenance facility to a spot that would still work and keep the attraction operational. Do I think they’ll do that tho? Unfortunately, no. A lot of times, when adding a new attraction to a park, something will shutter to offset operations costs. They probably see this as a way to save on the costs of staffing the attraction, and maintenance facilities, instead of invest new capital just to keep it running.

If true, man is that a big loss for the park.

Really well said.

Came here to make a bad joke --

"Disney, please, just start construction on the Avengers Campus E-ticket so we know it's not dead!"
(Monkey's paw curls)

DCA PEAKED 2012-2016 but has since been going backwards since Mission: Breakout. Change my mind.
I kinda agree

Big Hero 6 Redone land aside many changes haven't really improved the parks too much.

I hope after we get Coco and Avengers we keep going in the right direction.

DCA PEAKED 2012-2016 but has since been going backwards since Mission: Breakout. Change my mind.
You’re not wrong.

Popularity wise, I think it’s more popular now than it was in those years tho, and that’s their bottom line. That peak, right after the Grand Reopening, felt like the park had a strong (not strict) theme, a true identity and we were just waiting for the rest of it to be finished/fleshed out. Honestly, it felt like the park finally had a heart and soul.

In more recent years, there seem to be a lot of different ideas about what the park should, or could, be since then, and that’s led to a lot of strange decisions and design choices.

I am happy to see the park get love and attention, but sometimes I wish I could see the multiverse version where they actually finished the Pier, renovated Hollywoodland and the like.

Reactions: Jerroddragon