Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

The biggest problem that I see for Disney is their cost to value ratio in the minds of guests. They keep raising prices while the average guest experiences less rides per visit. At what point do people say.....I’m not visiting a park to ride 4 rides ($50/ride). Are they paying for the right to spend more money buying expensive merchandise & food? There just is little value there from a common sense standpoint.

I keep going back to the wait times for rides & attractions. I check the Disney app often & it’s just unbelievable what the wait times are now. 100.....120....150....180 minutes for the most popular......but even 60....75....90 for many of the rest. It’s madness!

Looking at Touring Plans daily, it appears WDW crowds are up, in contrast to Disneyland's down, so it seems very counter productive to cut at WDW....but they probably still will.

120 minute waits for major rides today and yesterday! Incredicoaster, Monsters Inc, Space Mountain, Racers, Guardians, and Indy had well over 2 hour standby waits. The fast passes for EVERY ride were gone by mid-late afternoon.

It was bad... I went yesterday to get my new Flexpass and finally get my first ride on Rise.

The Monsters situation is bad, but for what it's worth, they're still offering the Buddy pass, so my husband and I just sailed on in about 5 minutes.

It was bad... I went yesterday to get my new Flexpass and finally get my first ride on Rise.

The Monsters situation is bad, but for what it's worth, they're still offering the Buddy pass, so my husband and I just sailed on in about 5 minutes.
Buddy pass?

Disneyland is officially shut down through the end of the month.

It’s being discussed here:

It’s no surprise that this Summer could very well be even worse than last year. Since we will likely hit a recession from this, will Disney finally bite the bullet and be forced to lower their prices? If they don’t, they’ve really trapped themselves into a corner.

It’s no surprise that this Summer could very well be even worse than last year. Since we will likely hit a recession from this, will Disney finally bite the bullet and be forced to lower their prices? If they don’t, they’ve really trapped themselves into a corner.
Day tickets maybe. They could offer another version of the SoCal resident ticket valid until the Christmas weeks. As for Annual Passes, I don’t see them going down in price at all.

Day tickets maybe. They could offer another version of the SoCal resident ticket valid until the Christmas weeks. As for Annual Passes, I don’t see them going down in price at all.
I can see Annual Pass prices going down.

Disney seems to have such a love-hate thing with their pass holders. They seem to love the consistent monthly payments, but hate seeing the pass holders show up in peak times.

If we’re in a recession, peak times won’t look so peak. Disney would love to see those pass holders in that case.

Dins
I can see Annual Pass prices going down.

Disney seems to have such a love-hate thing with their pass holders. They seem to love the consistent monthly payments, but hate seeing the pass holders show up in peak times.

If we’re in a recession, peak times won’t look so peak. Disney would love to see those pass holders in that case.

They love the money but they don't want people going enough that Disney ends up on the losing end. Disney instead wants the out-of-towners who purchase just enough tickets to cover the vacation since that is a most profitable endeavor.