Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

It's sad that you have to take a course just for the possibility of getting on a ride. Has the ride's reliability improve at all?

Alright I’m thinking it’s gonna be something stupid like: No parking pass included on even the highest tier. $600 is gonna be the cheapest pass. No unlimited days.
Or, it’s a loyalty-type thing where you’ll be able to buy discounted tickets instead of just walking in. Will still be $600.

I’m definitely thinking a tiered system. More perks the higher the tier (parking, etc) and I’m going to guess reservations will still be required to plan a trip, although I can see the highest tier maybe being unlimited.

Not even sure what to guess about pricing.

Guessing that any new rollout is going to make it impossible for people to visit a hundred, or two hundred, days a year, like many did before.

Some speculation on you can get a level of days per year. 12, 24, 48 etc. seems like unlimited will not be a thing. We will see. Not holding my breath that the AP experience is going to be anything but demoralizing.

Some speculation on you can get a level of days per year. 12, 24, 48 etc. seems like unlimited will not be a thing. We will see. Not holding my breath that the AP experience is going to be anything but demoralizing.

That's my thought process too. Something that could also be allowed for purchasing bulk amounts of dates ontop of what is offered on base too; could be a potential route. Atleast, that's my thought process.

At this point, I feel like you’ll probably get a better value doing the 3-day SoCal Pass if they ever offer it again (Which I think they will as I don’t think this is going to sell as well as what they’re hoping.)

Got back from Disneyland last night at around midnight.

Got there when the park opened but even then Indy was 20ish mins wait, looks like unless you are literally first in line you just cant get to that ride fast enough to avoid a wait
JC in person, is the same to how I feel about it from the videos. Too many "monkey" like animals on the ride, Its not a bad ride but the last version felt more unique.
Splash to me is still insane they want to retheme, the thing still gets lines all day and is fun. I feel Disney really made a weird choice unless they are planning on making Critter Country into New Orleans Square.

First time on ROTR, the ride lives up to the videos and pictures. It's just fun from start to finish and even if I dont like the sequels that much the ride is fun, mainly because its you just in Star Wars. The land was busy with people but not too much going on with the characters.

The Mobile Ordering at some places can suck if you need water, bengal bbq at least when I went wanted me to wait in another line to get water. Ended up have to buy a water bottle and filling it up at places.

Pyms Kitchen was good, the best food we had all day for sure. I would go back and recommend it to people, I had the impossible meatballs and it was really good.

The new Marvel Land, has some little cool things but overall I just wish it had more. Like one more attraction doesn't even have to be an E ticket.

Spiderman Web Slingers, is fine. but really to me I still dont get why its so plain. The ride, the Q, really to me doesn't make sense to have your biggest Marvel IP and do this to it. My GF had a great time on it, so normal people don't care they have fun and would ride again...lol

Waited the Fireworks from Plaza Inn on Main Street and it was nice to get to relax after a long day. Fireworks were fine, for seeing them once its not bad but get how many don't like them over Fireworks we have had before and look forward to Halloween Screams next month.

Overal the Park is still great, wish it had less lines but Disneyland for sure is still one of the best parks in the world and offers A LOT, to do in one day and DCA if you can go in the afternoon for some almost walk on rides is great as a break from the crowds.

Annual passes have been a nightmare for DLR for years, and if there was ever a time to rethink how they work, it’s now. There have been more than a few rumors of them implementing something that resembles a mixture of a DTC monthly subscription service and the Flex Pass. Basically, your “subscription” permits you X number of reservations per month. The highest tier would essentially be unlimited while the lowest tier would offer the least days per month, particularly in the summer. One or two mid-tiers in between. Would be a “use it or lose it” model, too. They’d still charge you even if you don’t make a reservation for the month. Just something I’ve heard.
Pretty sure the above is still basically what's coming, but thinking it's transformed a bit into something more like a hybrid Patreon/DTC subscription. Think of a membership program with a focus on "buy more, save more," with certain perks unlocked at certain subscription levels. It will be referred to as a "pass," but it's not. More like a multi-day ticket you reserve in advance, and your subscription level determines everything else. I think you can also expect a max number of reservations that can be held at one time, but again, all based on subscription level.

four tiers, lowest at $400, highest at $1,400. Reservations are here to stay as-well.

The biggest thing is that there is no real limit on number of visits; even with blackouts.
It feels so wrong to charge these prices and nickel and dime people for parking.

Also, according to reports it should've come out officially by now, so what's the hold up?

Per the terms and conditions it looks like it's all digital or you can request a paper card.
PHYSICAL PASS CARDS: A Passholder may request a paper Pass card at a Disneyland® Resort Main Entrance ticket booth. A non-refundable fee of twenty dollars ($20.00) may be required to obtain or replace a paper Pass card. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to receive a printed paper Pass card.