Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

Trees have a limited life (especially in a theme park) and need to be replaced periodically. Better before they fall on a person or building than after.

BREAKING: Disneyland to drop indoor mask mandate for vaccinated guests starting February 17!
I think the majority of guests will be totally cool with this as long as all the other guidelines (card checks, plexi in selected areas, etc) are used since a ton of guests are maskless already. Going next week so I'll be able to see firsthand how if I personally think it feels safe/well managed.

I think the majority of guests will be totally cool with this as long as all the other guidelines (card checks, plexi in selected areas, etc) are used since a ton of guests are maskless already. Going next week so I'll be able to see firsthand how if I personally think it feels safe/well managed.
There aren't any card checks. I barely remember plexi anywhere. This will be done on the honor code, and I think we can all guess how that will go. It's basically saying masks will be optional starting the 17th, as many have basically been doing that already, even indoors.

There aren't any card checks. I barely remember plexi anywhere. This will be done on the honor code, and I think we can all guess how that will go. It's basically saying masks will be optional starting the 17th, as many have basically been doing that already, even indoors.
That information is super disheartening, I remember it being stricter in 2021 but I could be confusing parks

That information is super disheartening, I remember it being stricter in 2021 but I could be confusing parks

No stateside Disney park has ever checked vaccination records. The Plexi has mostly rolled back, especially in light of research showing it does not accomplish much and may even impede ventilation.

Last edited:
Anyone know when Grizzly will be back open? I don't think I've been on it since pre-pandemic. I miss it!

Awesome, I guess it'll be a part of my late April trip for when I see the reopening of World of Color!

So was going to go to the parks....and everyday this month on week days are sold out.....how? This seems insane that in march you can't just go to Disneyland...I have money and they are like nope go to other parks.

Went to DCA today (prefacing my report that I don’t have a magic key and it’s wednesday) and honestly I hope USH keeps being as empty and pleasant as it is. Even with Genie+, it’s still a crowded hellscape (you can’t even walk or use the bathroom sometimes). As the day goes on, the more backed up Genie+ gets. It works well in the beginning to middle of the day, but after that you’ll see things like Guardians backed up all the way into Avengers campus and Incredicoaster just being a wait in every line. In between reservations, wait times are so high you kinda flail around doing things you don’t really want to do. Genie+ does ruin standby lines considerably more than fastpass ever has. I hope USH never decides to do something like it.

As far as the app experience, mobile ordering was broken all day for me and finding your Genie+ reservations was laggy and hard to find at times (you can’t even cancel them, or at least i couldn’t find how). It’s really a mess.

Also unpopular opinion but web slingers makes toy story look out of date. At toy story the screens are showing its age and the game toy doesn’t work as well (at least in my seat).

As much as DCA is a fun park, the crowds are just too crazy to enjoy it for me personally. You really need Genie+ now there.

I went on Saturday and it was creepily empty in both parks. Just the luck of the draw I guess.

I went on Saturday and it was creepily empty in both parks. Just the luck of the draw I guess.

I think it’s either cause the tickets cost less on weekdays and/or a case of people thinking nobody will be there and going. I know I went cause it was a tier 1 day. The tickets are sold out all month on weekdays I think, I’ve never seen that for any park anywhere. It really felt like they packed too many people in there, even Guardians had a legit 2 hour wait (probably inflated but it was filled up extended queue and all) at the last minute of the day.

Went on Monday and it was packed; by afternoon both parks were a zoo. I haven’t seen Little Mermaid use it’s extended queue since it first opened.

I didn't even know The Little Mermaid *had* an extended queue. I've walked on it every single time for years, and at some point this year I waited 20 minutes and I thought that was unreal.

That said, my crowding during my last two visits felt extreme. The wait times for basic stuff seems to be increasing, and it doesn't die down until after fireworks. The best time to attend at this point is 9 PM onwards.

Pirates used to have FP. I think it was short lived though.
EDIT: Just Googled, it was '99 to '04.