Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

Got back from the parks....and yeah I dont know how the new system with lightening lane is making every ride feel crowded but it does....like many rides feel like they should be walk on's but the lightening lanes are seeming to make lines just worst.

Construction on Downtown Disney is well underway. Most of the buildings are almost all demoed where the old AMC and Starbucks were. Don’t have a photo unfortunately.

Last edited:
I thought DTD was where the third park would be....connecting both DL and DCA

Ah, just had a look at the concept art again for Disneyland Forward. I see what you mean. I don't necessarily think it rules anything out as far as that project goes. IIRC, this was already part of an existing plan with Anaheim. I'd imagine if they have some kind of plan if they ever do move ahead with that new project.

I think the new park was supposed to be where the Paradise Pier hotel is?

The concept art has it sort of situated around the hotels. Essentially in the parking lot area around the Paradise Pier Hotel, around the Disneyland Hotel and then to the right of that as well. Basically it eats up all the parking over there and the tail end of Downtown Disney. It looks like one of the entrances from Downtown Disney would be right around where the current Monorail station is.

It’s just important to keep in mind this is mostly a way for Disney to pressure Anaheim into loosening zoning. Who knows if it’ll ever happen. In the meantime, I think they are just giving Downtown Disney a little update.

Last edited:

Hot Dam, I will give Disney this they are getting much quicker at adding characters to the parks people love. Encanto will have a float and restaurant and were added to the parks quickier then even Frozen was and I love it

Hot Dam, I will give Disney this they are getting much quicker at adding characters to the parks people love. Encanto will have a float and restaurant and were added to the parks quickier then even Frozen was and I love it
Too bad it's an April Fools. I'd love margaritas to be served there.

I thought DTD was where the third park would be....connecting both DL and DCA
Ah, just had a look at the concept art again for Disneyland Forward. I see what you mean. I don't necessarily think it rules anything out as far as that project goes. IIRC, this was already part of an existing plan with Anaheim. I'd imagine if they have some kind of plan if they ever do move ahead with that new project.
Disneyland Forward was never a third park. It was an expansion of each of the existing parks, with Disneyland connecting via Critter Country and DCA connecting via Paradise Gardens.

Disneyland Forward was never a third park. It was an expansion of each of the existing parks, with Disneyland connecting via Critter Country and DCA connecting via Paradise Gardens.
Point is, the land they were going to be used is being update? Why would you do that if you have plans on a new lands in that area?

Seems to me like they must be thinking of using other land or just throw this cool idea out there and then nothing

Point is, the land they were going to be used is being update? Why would you do that if you have plans on a new lands in that area?

Seems to me like they must be thinking of using other land or just throw this cool idea out there and then nothing
1) Disneyland Forward is more of a "premise" than a plan. Any actual movement on those goals likely wouldn't be realized for a decade minimum.
2) I'm under the impression that the exact layout of the expansion (when it happens) is continuously being altered.
3) I heard something (not 100% on it) about this space being built out in a way that *could* accommodate a second DCA entrance eventually.

Looks like Tarzan's Treehouse is getting a retheme, naturally no word on what it is...however it's easy to think of what it will be due to Encanto.

On every flight I heard some kid watching Encanto

so makes sense they want it in the park but will an even smaller tree house be enough for this film?

Looks like Tarzan's Treehouse is getting a retheme, naturally no word on what it is...however it's easy to think of what it will be due to Encanto.

The one thing I don't like about an Encanto tree house is that Disney loves to go cheap and just re-theme an older attraction instead of giving popular new franchises their own attraction built from the ground up. I totally agree a Mystic Manor style trackless ride that goes through all the family members' rooms would be really fun.