Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland's 3rd Park Rumor Discussion

Yeah, pretty sure that was just someone making a sarcastic remark in response to an annoying/off-topic question in that thread.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

No, no..let's obviously trust the post from someone who had only posted 5 posts at this time right now! Purely, he's more of a genus than any of us.:tease:

I'm a very trustworthy person offline, I'll have you know.

I heard back before California Adventure was built, they were gonna put in a place like Epcot and call it Westcot.

Technically, Westcot was a concept that Disney had; because their previous concept failed to win the public's approval for a few reasons: that, was DisneySea in Long Beach.

Why didn't the concept win the public's approval?

I doubt that DisneySea in the states would have been as nice as the one in Tokyo, considering the budget and lack of involvement from OLC.

I doubt that DisneySea in the states would have been as nice as the one in Tokyo, considering the budget and lack of involvement from OLC.
Nearby neighborhoods didn't want a themepark. Beach front community, not exactly a cheap place to live.

The California Coastal Commission and environmental activists objected to Disney's plans to fill in part of the Port of Long Beach harbor to build the resort.

I just dont see how a third park would work. There is literally no room around the current resort, and with California traffic, a park in Long Beach could be 2 hours away.

I would think, the only way they could do a proper Third Gate; is if they look at what's going on with Angels Stadium (or decide to book it and do something on the Toy Story Parking Lot).

Outside of that, they need to focus on the big two, especially with Disney not being prepared for GE.

The California Coastal Commission and environmental activists objected to Disney's plans to fill in part of the Port of Long Beach harbor to build the resort.

It's funny you mention that because I'm currently overlooking/staying at the Port of Long Beach here at the Queen Mary.

It's actually quite beautiful. Here is the view from my parlor.

Queen Mary Ship-min.jpg

Barring the apocalypse, it think it's a question of when rather than if the Toy Story lot is used for a themepark. That may not be soon, but I think it'll eventually happen.

The Long Beach project would have felt completely disconnected from the Disneyland Resort, it would have been it's own thing. But with the Toy Story lot they can set-up transportation that's quicker than getting from the Magic Kingdom to any of the other Disney World parks.