Disney's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Especially a mixed mandate like this.
And the ludicrous part of it is that I’m assuming that for something like swirling saucers, you’ll still have to wear a mask since there’s a roof, but everyone can pack like sardines in front of Cinderella Castle w/o masks and that’s what Disney is considering to be safe for their guests to be doing.

“This is no time to let our guard down” - POTUS

What the mouse heard: “Time to let our guard down!”

ThemeParks4Life

Veteran Member
Nov 15, 2012
Central Florida
Since mixed rides still require masks, the only rides and queues this applies to are:

Astro Orbiter (maybe not on the elevator?)
Barnstormer
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (queue only)
Cinderella's Carousel
Dumbo (ride only)
Jungle Cruise (queue only)
Liberty Square Riverboat
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (queue only)
Splash Mountain (queue only)
Tomorrowland Speedway

Spaceship Earth (queue only)

Alien Swirling Saucers
Slinky Dog Dash

Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Na'vi River Journey (queue only)
Triceratops Spin

And presumably any outdoor portion of queues before they head indoors. This is too small of a change to be worth the creation of more confusion.

Reactions: Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2013
Pittsburgh area
Touring Plans is reporting that DHS was so slow, that for a couple of days last week Boarding Groups for RotR were available for hours in the park.....Obviously, Orlando, both Disney & Universal, are
really missing all of those August/Sept. UK tourists that greatly augmented attendance during this normally slow time of the year.

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Yeah, I saw a couple of people get boarding groups late afternoon, and heard they opened a standby line for rise an hour before park close the other day.
It's been like this for about a week now, although i'm not sure why we're talking about this in the getting back to normal thread because this is most certainly NOT normal :lol:

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Hoping Virtual Lines go away would certainly be getting back to normal. :lol:
It would be a step into the past, certainly. I think we're going to have to accept that Boarding Groups are here to stay for now. They probably want each park to have one attraction that's running on a BG.

Reactions: shiekra38

shiekra38

Legendary Member
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
So this mask update is going into effect tomorrow, masks are no longer required for outdoor attractions and waiting in outdoor queues.

Keep in mind, for the attractions it's only for those that are fully outdoors. If they go indoors at any point, masks are still required.
So for Everest does it mean I take it off in the outdoor part, put it on in the museum part, take it off for the outdoor sections and put it on for the indoor sections?

Still less complex than Genie +