Dollywood! | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Dollywood!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Its a great park, a hidden gem if I may. A few more major attractions and it can make a serious case for being one of the top amusement parks in the country.

I really, really like Dollywood but my heart belongs to Silver Dollar City. The park is more authentic to it's founding where Dolly has less of a core theme. Someone on this thread mentioned Fire in the Hole and Blazing Fury. The Baldnobber storyline is actually based on true folklore of a vigilante group that was local to Branson. While Dollywood has a higher overall coaster count, the SDC coaster collection is about as solid as they come.

Most that visit both parks often give the nod to SDC but the other area attractions make Dollywood's location a bit better because Branson's singular focus in music theaters are coming back to bite them in the buttocks and because it's a bit closer to more major metro areas.

What you locals in Orlando need to do is drive over to Sanford and hop on a cheap Allegiant flight to either Springfield Mo. or Northwest Arkansas' XNA and take a weekend trip to SDC.

Here's a closer look at the ride video:

First wooden launch coaster? And the fastest wooden coaster? This looks amazing. Some of those airtime hills at the end look absolutely killer. Color me impressed.

Ugh. This is why I love Dollywood. Can't wait to ride this next year.

...It is a great fit for the park. It caters to familys with no inversions but brings the thrill factor of a Texas Giant. I am stoked to see what happens especially for this coaster.

With this news from yesterday:

"the Company named Anthony Esparza as Chief Creative Officer, effective September 8, 2015. Esparza previously served as Senior Vice President, Guest Experiences, Design and Development for Herschend Enterprises, among other extensive experience in related industries."

I look forward to see what is in store for SeaWorld Parks and I would guess something good will happen to Gwazi.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Dollywood has some of the best coasters/theming in the country. The park ranks up to Universal and Disney for me. Dolly is my favvvvvv

image_369.jpeg

thumb_image_372.jpeg

thumb_image_351.jpeg

11219622_952914661420812_1227298952040146727_n.jpg

From Theme Park Review.

:jaw::jaw::jaw::died:

This looks insane.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I can't wait to ride this. The excitement amongst the coaster community for this is palpable.